Discrimination lawsuit filed against UsAir

Not employed by USAir and not too familiar with the Non Rev travel at USAir......
Is it possible that the employee gave the buddy passes to two individuals and in turn those two sold or gave the tickets to two other individuals not knowing the rules?

Not employed by USAir and not too familiar with the Non Rev travel at USAir......
Is it possible that the employee gave the buddy passes to two individuals and in turn those two sold or gave the tickets to two other individuals not knowing the rules?

That would not be possible (unless the other people had the same names :) ).

That is very possible once they are out of you hands they are out of your control. I once had my guest pass revoked after giving a coworker one, he used that to replace a borrowed one from another employee, it passed through like 3 more enployees before being sold to an illegal alien. It just so happend the gal working the flight the illegal tried to take knew me and called me and asked if I knew this PAX. I said no, that started a whole big investigation. In the end even though the internal investigation found I did nothing unreasonable they suspended my privilages for 3 months. I was very happy that was all they did.

That is very possible once they are out of you hands they are out of your control. I once had my guest pass revoked after giving a coworker one, he used that to replace a borrowed one from another employee, it passed through like 3 more enployees before being sold to an illegal alien. It just so happend the gal working the flight the illegal tried to take knew me and called me and asked if I knew this PAX. I said no, that started a whole big investigation. In the end even though the internal investigation found I did nothing unreasonable they suspended my privilages for 3 months. I was very happy that was all they did.

The companion passes have to be assigned on Wings by the employee to a specific person, who then goes online to make the arrangements and pay the tab. The companion does not have the ability to change the name of the assignee. It's convoluted, but I think that is why they can't be just "given" to someone else. Unless the name matches, they would never get past the TSA ticket check.

Reactions: 1 person
The companion passes have to be assigned on Wings by the employee to a specific person, who then goes online to make the arrangements and pay the tab. The companion does not have the ability to change the name of the assignee. It's convoluted, but I think that is why they can't be just "given" to someone else. Unless the name matches, they would never get past the TSA ticket check.
I was with you up until the last sentence.

Reactions: 1 person
My example was back in the old paper days.
So, yes the technology may make that less likely to happen nowdays.