DL farming out res cll center work to Phillipines and India....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Res

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Makes me grateful to have a union..even though we have layoffs due to downsizing and the economy...How anti-American is farming out jobs overseas...we need the jobs to stay in US...it''s really sad.

Makes me grateful to have a union..even though we have layoffs due to downsizing and the economy...How anti-American is farming out jobs overseas...we need the jobs to stay in US...it's really sad.

Amen on that.

This is what EVERY non union carrier would do in bad times. What you can do is DON'T fly an airline that pulls this crap!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/20/2002 1:32:12 PM Res wrote:

Makes me grateful to have a union..even though we have layoffs due to downsizing and the economy...How anti-American is farming out jobs overseas...we need the jobs to stay in US...it's really sad.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Heh...first contracted-out work always sucks. Low quality is a trademark of bottom-wage transient employees who have little vested interest in the product they are supporting. Now just complicate that by contracting it out to the third world! Now your res agent doesn't speak english well?! We are indeed a step above 7-11.

Then again, beloved customers, you get what you pay for. For $39 specials, you get crappy service. I'm almost giddy waiting for WN to take their first loss soon. When WN lays off people, then I'll at least feel like the score is a little evened out.

Do not see that happening in RES...heck with the way things are going management might actually try to get all of res down to MDA pay scales. And they will actually tell you that you should be thankfull for that........

...Now your res agent doesn't speak english well?! We are indeed a step above 7-11.

Hate to disappoint you but nearly all the the Filipinos do speak English fluently..and extremely well..
I have been there several times and have never had any problems..from the metropolis to the provinces....so, I would not categorize them in your group of res agent who do not speak english well
Have a nice day

[P]Res -[/P]
[P]This is how business is done now, sucks doesn't it? Last week, I had a business associate call me up and say: Hey, I am saving a fortune by having my website designed and run by a company in Bulgaria. You want their number? They could save your company a fortune. I said, no thanks, I'll pass for now. He kept blabbing on and on and on how great this was. How he was able to lay off ten employees in his tech department. How he was going to spend the money on a big house etc.. This is a guy who has an MBA from Harvard, in fact, most of the a-holes I deal with have MBA's from Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Wharton - makes me wonder what the heck they are teaching them. Forget the successful past business models: it's dog-eat-dog, save every penny no matter what cost. Having been a union card carrying employee at U, I can tell you unequivocally that the only system of checks and balances left in the business world are unions. Problem is, unions have an image problem, a problem that is grossly unfair the majority of the time. Granted, there are times when you guys have been your own worst enemy. Still, I wouldn't want to work at any airline without one. I think Delta is showing every unionized airline employee why they should be thankful.[/P]

Well Put,
encore encore...Dont worry, he will be out on on his a@@
before long..I wonder how he will feel when his job is cut..
What goes around, comes around, always has,always will
You have to be prepared to take what you dish....
I used to deal with quite a few Harvard MBAs in DFW HDQ
that is a big part of their problem down in the land of the Sun and tumbleweed...Ie AMR Enron and Bush,Quite a team..

sorry, but i can tell you what a piece of crap union the cwa is.....listen to the big man telling me he doesn't care about furloughed employees, he is concerned about getting union dues......unions only care about the union......if the cwa got an offer from dave to move everything to another country......trust me it would happen......i have proof, if anyone would like to see the cost cwa is costing the company..........the best part is i have to speak with a big man that is only interested in the new candy on the market...the hell with the employees that are getting screwed.....as he told me the union just wants more as many people to pay dues.....i would be more than happy to share this information with anyone.....but not on this website....you can email me.......

Guess we have at least one cwa member who fails to relize that if we did not have a union a topped out agent such as myself would be making a little over 16 dollars an hour. Guess we also have one cwa member when Dave comes knocking for more cash this agent will have his wallet out and be more than happy to give and give and give. Guess we have one cwa member who fails to realise that a union is a business not a charity orginization. Guess we have one cwa member that would rather ***** than get involved. I could go on, but why bother....in fact have no idea in why I respond to such rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.