DL loses dog LAX-TPA

WorldTraveler said:
precisely. UPS tried moving people and decided it wasn't for them.

passenger airlines don't try to do everything that cargo carriers do.
uh... okay then 

WorldTraveler said:
airplanes are designed for human travel, not pets.

Animals unfortunately die and are mishandled.

It happens on all airlines

Translation for everyone:

See when DL does something wrong - I can use double standard and say because everyone else does it - it's totally OK for DL to do it - see DL is just as average as everyone else at carrying animals - funny this could have made the list I've been working on however that sheet of paper is blank - so I will start with this item

Lastly, I will let LH and BA know that huge animal centers they have in their hubs should be shut down since planes are not designed to carry animals - what were those airlines thinking by transporting animals - what nerve

Reactions: 2 people
jcw  you might recall some yrs ago at LGA whereas DL let a dog loose on the runway or taxiway   I don't remember the entire story but it sure made for some news

robbedagain said:
jcw  you might recall some yrs ago at LGA whereas DL let a dog loose on the runway or taxiway   I don't remember the entire story but it sure made for some news
Robbed didn't you post a few years ago that a dog escaped when you worked at BOS for US?

Josh

WorldTraveler said:
truth be told is that passenger airlines really don't want to handle pets or unaccompanied minors at all but do it because everyone else does.
TRU DAT!!!  I cringe every time the agent comes down the jetbridge with a UM in tow--particularly if the UM is old enough to travel by themselves.  Those just seemed determined to sneak off the airplane at the destination city without you despite the need to get the meeting parent/adult signature that you delivered them safe and sound.  I once had one where the adult was in on the game for some reason.  It took the police stopping them at the front door of the terminal and making them return to the gate to get the paperwork done.  I would MUCH rather be responsible for animals.  Most of them are better behaved.

the dog did not get out of our cargo bin  it did get out of the kennel  like bit its way out  and was walking in the bin     but in DL case  a dog not only got lose but it ran out towards a runway or something like that

so US had rebellious dogs that were hellbent on spreading anarchy but DL's rampers just opened the door and let them out?

yeah, right.

NO DL rampers did not just let the dogs out

However according to you airlines should not be transporting animals - you might want to click your red shoes and make DL stop transporting animals - other airlines have figured this out except DL

I didn't say airlines shouldn't be transporting animals.

As a pet owner, I would just make it a once in a lifetime event for my pet if even that often.

other people have different choices and airlines do offer that service.

just like unaccompanied minors. I wouldn't give a child to someone else to fly across the country anymore than I would put them in a taxi by themselves.

WorldTraveler said:
truth be told is that passenger airlines really don't want to handle pets or unaccompanied minors at all but do it because everyone else does.

This might be a silly comment but I gotta ask:  isn't there a charge / extra fee that airlines charge for UM's?  Wouldn't they then look forward to having UM's aboard their flights? 
(Besides with IFEs etc, how difficult could it be looking after some kid?) :p

Not a silly comment. Some fees are intended to be a deterrent. Pet-in-cabin and UM fees gouge customers tend to discourage people from using the service.

But, the fees are still less than the cost of an adult accompanying the poor child on the trip.  These parents that couldn't get along with each other have no problem in sending children across country in the hands of strangers when in a lot of cases the child has never travelled alone anywhere.  The fee for a UM is $75.00 plus the cost of the child's ticket.  I've had a case where the child was so frightened and upset that the captain had the child removed from the airplane for the child's sake.  The parent was furious.

Latest posts