DL POR - US Response: Analysis

Now we are working for a company that is going to make about $500 million this year with a business plan that is working in the marketplace.

Three rounds of concessions, thousands of furloughs and lost pensions are your "Business Plan that is working in the marketplace".

What does fifteen years at US get you,laid off?

I'm pretty sure fifteen years at Delta holds a nice line.

Only way USA320 is going across the pond in the left seat of a widebody is in Flight Simulator X. :lol:

Only way USA320 is going across the pond in the left seat of a widebody is in Flight Simulator X. :lol:

Actually, USA320Pilot is only about 100 numbers from holding PHL 76 International Captain. At the current rate of retirements that would be about 6 months.

He doesn't need Delta for this to happen. So much for another of L4P's myths. :lol:

He doesn't need Delta for this to happen. So much for another of L4P's myths. :lol:
Assuming you are correct (which you are not) I feel so sorry for those who will have to fly in that tin can with him for 6 hours.

If you think he knows everything on here, try flying with him. He talks non stop, mostly about nothing (sound familiar to those who post here?) Just think, he can point out to all on board what the iceberg below looks like and how it was formed. It would be six hours of pure hell for those trying to sleep on the way over.

Nope, the bend over babe's biggest fear is flying the right seat on that newest barbie jet if this does not go through. He has spoken with doogie; just ask him. He knows the hand writing is on the wall. He knows what is coming down the track towards the train wreck called US.

If you don't believe me, just wait. When this deal falls through (just like his predicted UA deals) the next one will be the greatest thing since sliced white bread. Even if it is MESA, which it just might be. But don't fear. Mesa will keep the vaulted and well respected name of US.

God help the international customers on any airline that have to fly with him across the pond.

Good thing one does not get suspended for having multiple names on avaition isn't it Chip?

L4P,

Why are you so emotional and disrespectful? Moreover, we have never flown together so why the personal attacks? There is nothing, absolutely nothing you can do that will affect the merger outcome, so when would now be a good time to chill out?

I absoultely guarantee you that there are much, much worse things that can happen to Delta Air Lines than a merger with US Airways. There are many, many informed people who believe Delta's resistance could cause the Atlanta-based company to be "carved up". In fact, has a bankrupt airline ever been fragmented before?

Instead of merger fear if I were you I would be afraid of "fragmentation" due to labor issues. Could it be easier to split Delta up and eliminate ALPA problems than to deal with the pilots?

In my opinion, the reason Delta's senior management team is fighting so hard against the merger is because they will realize a significant equity payout from the "formal reorganization" as a standalone business enterprise, but this payout does not exist in the US Airways takeover proposal.

It appears that Delta standalone plan could reward a small number of executives with something like 9 to 10% of the ownership of the reorganized airline, but again under the US Airways proposal, this ownership percentage (which would be distributed among a very small number of Delta managers) does not exist.

Delta's senior management team has exagerated the benefit of their standalone plan, left out information, and their communciation is filled with unprofessional emotion-based fear. ?

Finally, it appears that US Airways' proposal will reward the unsecured creditors (which includes the Delta pilots), but so far there is no indication US Airways' plan will reward Delta's senior managers.

Does anybody see a problem here?

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Delta's senior management team has exagerated the benefit of their standalone plan, left out information, and their communciation is filled with unprofessional emotion-based fear.

And how is this different from USAirways management?

And you are no better, using the same fear mongering (i.e. DL will be fragmented) to try and scare people into believing the USAirways merger is a good thing. The only person I've seen talking about fragmenting DL is you.

L4P,

Why are you so emotional and disrespectful? Moreover, we have never flown together so why the personal attacks?

Truth sometimes hurts. Sorry about that.

Are you sure about that we haven't flown together? How would I know what a flight is like with you? You have been wrong before (actually you are seldom right)

There is nothing, absolutely nothing you can do that will affect the merger outcome, so when would now be a good time to chill out?

Not until this deal is dead. For all you know, my brother is on the creditors committee. BTW, makes sure you tell doogie to look out his window in about two weeks.......And it is not a tube of lipstick this time

I absoultely guarantee you that there are much, much worse things that can happen to Delta Air Lines than a merger with US Airways. There are many, many informed people who believe Delta's resistance could cause the Atlanta-based company to be "carved up". In fact, has a bankrupt airlien ever been fragmented before?

Same folks who said that about UA and those little voices in your mind were wrong about that as well. As matter of fact you are wrong most of the time.

Instead of merger fear if I were you I would be afraid of "fragmentation" due to labor issues. Could it be easier to split Delta up and eliminate ALPA problems than to deal with the pilots?

Yeah, they do have bigger gonads than the bend over babes at US. (ouch, that had to hurt, I'm so sorry)

In my opinion, the reason Delta's senior management team is fighting so hard against the merger is because they will realize a significant equity payout from the "formal reorganization" as a standalone business enterprise, but this payout does not exist in the US Airways takeover proposal.

No they are proud of what they have accomplished in the 15 months they have been running the airline unlike your new buddy doogie darker. And speaking of payouts, remind me again of how much doogie and gang just cashed out off of your efforts and pay cuts.

It appears that Delta standalone plan could reward a small number of executives with something like 9 to 10% of the ownership of the reorganized airline, but again under the US Airways proposal, this ownership percentage (which would be distributed among a very small number of Delta managers) does not exist.

You really should try educating yourself before you cut and paste. Do you have any idea how much the management is being paid? Much, much less than the average. Do you have any idea what Whitehurst was making before he came to DL? Didn't think so. The employees do and they support this team. Why? because unlike your management, they have worked together to pay them more even when having to take cuts. They have protected their pensions, unlike your management. They actually understand how to run an airline rather than just cashing checks.....

Delta's senior management team has exagerated the benefit of their standalone plan, left out information, and their communciation is filled with unprofessional emotion-based fear. ?

Yes they did. Didn't yours do the same. And in the end I could care less what they get. They have worked hard and have earned what ever it is if this abortion is stopped.

Finally, it appears that US Airways' proposal will reward the unsecured creditors (which includes the Delta pilots), but so far there is not indication US Airways' plan will reward Delta's senior managers.

Then you're a bigger fool than you appear here if you think that will not happen. Remind me again how much your buddy Seagull walked away with? Lakefield? Lime Boy?

Nope, the only problem I see here is you.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Back at ya big boy

And how is this different from USAirways management?

And you are no better, using the same fear mongering (i.e. DL will be fragmented) to try and scare people into believing the USAirways merger is a good thing. The only person I've seen talking about fragmenting DL is you.

I really don't think that the DL fragmentation issue is fear mongering at all. It is a very real possibility since we are in Ch.11. Depending upon what the creditors decide and value, fragmentation could very well be their best option. That isn't fear mongering - it's just business.

Bush and *&%$ (320's name), there goes foreign policy even more because of inflated egos.

Why are you so emotional and disrespectful?

To be disrespectful, one must have originally had respect. Did L4P ever respect you in the first place or should your question have been why he has a lack of respect?

L4P,

There are many, many informed people who believe Delta's resistance could cause the Atlanta-based company to be "carved up".

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Yes, I do. I am asking you right now, who, other than yourself and mr. Ralphcramden, are the informed people you allude to? You repeatedly ignore this question which leads me to believe you have no credible evidence to back up your assertion.
Once again, who are the ALPA representatives you have referred to in the past that are secretly conveying these thoughts to you? Back up your assertions 320 or it becomes painfully obvious you are passing your own theories as a matter of precedent. Very similar to what you suggested with your UA unique corporate transaction theory.
You charge people here with hostility. Their frustration is directed at your inability to back up what you assert. You suffer from a faulty track record and are even discredited by those of your own ranks.
I don't know what your true desire is for this merge to proceed, and I really don't care. What I do care about is that you cease from presenting personal ideas or desires as a matter of fact.

Assuming you are correct (which you are not)

Enlighten us then, all knowing one. I am looking at the latest bid award and find 110 active bidders between USA320Pilot and 76I Captain. He's actually closer than my last post indicated, though. With the additional cities coming he's a slam dunk even without the retirements!

If you think he knows everything on here, try flying with him. He talks non stop, mostly about nothing (sound familiar to those who post here?)

I know many who have flown with him and therefore I know that you are 110% full of it. Your tasteless comments are in total contrast to what I've heard from guys who have actually flown the line with him. But what do they know. ;)

Slow day in Hickory?

L4P,

Why are you so emotional and disrespectful? Moreover, we have never flown together so why the personal attacks? There is nothing, absolutely nothing you can do that will affect the merger outcome, so when would now be a good time to chill out?

I absoultely guarantee you that there are much, much worse things that can happen to Delta Air Lines than a merger with US Airways. There are many, many informed people who believe Delta's resistance could cause the Atlanta-based company to be "carved up". In fact, has a bankrupt airline ever been fragmented before?

Finally, it appears that US Airways' proposal will reward the unsecured creditors (which includes the Delta pilots), but so far there is no indication US Airways' plan will reward Delta's senior managers.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Yes I see a problem here. The biggest problem is your posts need to be in US's forum, not Deltas. I realize it may be therapeutic because you have something against WT but get over it! I also realize you are excersizing your right to freedom of speech but if nobody is listening, what's the point? Most at Delta don't want this merger to go through. You must learn to accept rejection, it is a part of life. We as partial owners of our company have made our decision to not be taken advantage of by your company during our time of hardship. This hardship is something we can and will overcome. After all, if your company can survive, any company can. If we were to fail (which we won't) we will accept our fate but we will hold our heads high because we didn't take the coward's way out. You have spoken highly of Delta employees but I don't think you believe what you've said. If you did you wouldn't be in our forum trying to convince us to just let this merger happen. Respect our pride. Hopefully it will rub off on you and yours.

Why don't you also look at what Gary Chase wrote over the past few weeks trying to support a US takeover of DL and then you'll see why he wants to lowball DL. Just follow the money and anything can be explained. Gary Chase is not a neutral participant in this discussion.

Au contrare', sir. I've found that he, Glenn Engel and Jamie Baker are about as neutral as they get.

I've read Chase's research and talked with him about it. Have you? If not, drop him an email. His address and phone number are in the research note. Or just call Benjamin or Dave and ask your questions. They'll be just as happy to assist you as Gary would.

Just because Gary's analysis of the transaction doesn't happen to agree with yours doesn't mean he's biased.

I've read Chase's research and talked with him about it. Have you? If not, drop him an email. His address and phone number are in the research note. Or just call Benjamin or Dave and ask your questions. They'll be just as happy to assist you as Gary would.

Just because Gary's analysis of the transaction doesn't happen to agree with yours doesn't mean he's biased.

Are you trying to tell us that Gary Chase has no dog in this fight?

If so, you've got to be kidding me!

His "research" is tailored to whoever pays the bills...in this case Lehman Brothers (his employer) is a large voice in the "committee" of bondholders who do have a dog in this fight...albeit a Chihuahua!

Abe

Are you trying to tell us that Gary Chase has no dog in this fight?

If so, you've got to be kidding me!
His "research" is tailored to whoever pays the bills...in this case Lehman Brothers (his employer) is a large voice in the "committee" of bondholders who do have a dog in this fight...albeit a Chihuahua!
Abe

Bingo. Lehman is buying up distressed debt and is a part of the maybe 6 creditors who have retained representation. You don't think that they then come out with a research note favoring the merger is a coincidence?

Hardly.

Bingo. Lehman is buying up distressed debt and is a part of the maybe 6 creditors who have retained representation. You don't think that they then come out with a research note favoring the merger is a coincidence?

Hardly.

Believe whatever you want, but it is a verifiable fact that the stock sale side of Lehman is prevented from being influenced by the investment banking side of Lehman. Those requirements were put into law after a few scandals in the 80's and 90's.

Don't believe it? Then put on your tinfoil hat and look thru the window for the black helicopters circling your house.