DL tests "basic economy" fares DTW-FLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric,
for about 3 years that we have been running into each other (and I don't mean brushing lightly in the hallways), you have been trying to make whatever DL does as something between me and you.
I've got a newsflash for you.
Delta doesn't really care what you think.
Wow. I didn't detect any personal attack here that warranted that response.

You also flew off the handle at me for asking you to pare down your posts to bite-size portions rather than the all you can eat, glutton friendly buffet you regularly serve up in your posts.

It will be ok, I am sure.

Maybe you should look into one of those low-priced fares and hit a beach somewhere and chill.

I wish I could!

Reactions: 6 people
Predictably, E, you don't get it. And predictably you turn to character assassination in the absence of knowing the data involved.
Kev and no one else paints themselves as experts on the topics on which they speak... and without doubt, Kev doesn't attempt to represent DL. In fact, Kev is smart enough to know that he is prohibited from representing his employer online - and as such doesn't reveal his personal data.
Kev not only is a whole lot wiser and smarter than you but he also knows his place in the world - which means he doesn't try to be someone he is not.
Only you want to attempt to represent your professional credentials - the problem is that you are no more authorized to speak about DL because you haven't and won't receive one red cent from them and a whole lot of other companies on which you seem to think you are an expert. And no director has told you anything. Period.
If I'm definitionally wrong about this being an amateur forum, perhaps you would like to show me in the terms and conditions of this website that show that. I'll help you out - they don't exist.
Yet you can't deal with the real problem - which is that you have some deep-seated need to find your personal affirmation online - not a single other person on this forum displays the same symptoms as you.
Let's make one thing very clear. The board rules are very clear - and so are US privacy laws - that illegally obtaining private information and posting it online is very much a prosecutable offense. And don't think for a minute that I won't do it if you don't immediately desist from posting personal information about me other than what I have disclosed in my profile.
My user name is WorldTraveler... no one, and I mean no one, has been given the right to use any other name or to disclose any information about me which I have not put on my profile. There is no employment information there.

You might also consider that your attempts to out other people actually are backfiring - because I have never attempted to represent anyone. You, however, only demonstrate what you don't know while at the same time touting your professional credentials. You have chosen to self-reveal - and that is what you will get.
So, yes, let's return to the topic establishing that the concept of not permitting advance seat selection is not a new concept at all because AC has been doing it for years, something you as a supposed consultant on the subject either didn't know or didn't have the fortitude to admit (which would it be?)
The bottom line is that you yourself cannot demonstrate that the scenario you present is real - it is just as conceived in your mind as are your own fascinations of grandeur.

No, Tech, I did not fly off the handle at you... I did grant your request and called you out, asking you why you think you are entitled to tell someone else how much to write or say and to whom else you would do this. I haven't heard a response.

Reactions: 5 people
Let's make one thing very clear. The board rules are very clear - and so are US privacy laws - that illegally obtaining private information and posting it online is very much a prosecutable offense. And don't think for a minute that I won't do it if you don't immediately desist from posting personal information about me other than what I have disclosed in my profile.
My user name is WorldTraveler... no one, and I mean no one, has been given the right to use any other name or to disclose any information about me which I have not put on my profile. There is no employment information there.

Good luck prosecuting, Tim. Hacking email would be considered illegal. Tapping your IP address and sniffing your web traffic would be illegal. Going into Delta's HR systems and digging around would be illegal.

What's not illegal is doing a five keyword search on Google or a social media site, using minimal information voluntarily provided by both you (18 months ago - I still have the PM on file) as well as someone at DL who'd had enough of your cheerleading on A.Net (and yes, CorpComm knows who you are).

You do remember Google, don't you? Of course you do -- you made a point of telling me you would trash my professional reputation via Google searches to this forum, which is why you were posting my full name and even my city of residence at one point.

You see, slandering is illegal.

Outing? Distasteful, perhaps, but there's nothing illegal about providing someone with a URL.

Your picture and bio still come up on the first page of results in Google.

Heck, even your email address is disclosed in your video on one of your sponsor's websites.

If you wanted to be a private individual, you've done a really poor job at it.

Posting your phone number if it were unlisted? That's an invasion of privacy.

Posting your home address? Sorry. That's public record, thanks to the various taxation authorities posting that information online. It would be an even tougher sell to convince a judge that obtaining information from a government website as being illegal.

No, Tim, I know you're not stupid. Sometimes you're too smart for your own good, because you don't consider that someone else might be right.

Now, if you'd like to continue with the empty threats, my phone number is in my signature -- feel free to call and threaten me in person. Unlike you, I don't see any need to hide.

Reactions: 3 people
1. The only pain comes from those who can't understand the obvious principle that whatever someone wants to do with their own personal information is their business.... and modern society protects that right, on top of the morals of society that some would like to kick to the curb in the effort to protect their own egos.
2. And if people want to tout their own professional merits, then they are held to that standard. Those who don't run around touting their own merits are not held to the same professional standard. And attempts by others to "out" someone's background and credentials demonstrates the frailty of the person doing the defaming, not the one who doesn't disclose his background and credentials. But let's also be clear that I wouldn't post anything on here if I weren't willing to stand behind with anyone I meet - and I am not alone in having the integrity to post online only what I would say to someone's face - anyone's face.
3. Everyone else on this forum seems to get these principles and manage to interact reasonably peaceably - even on this a forum which tends to emit alot more heat than others.
Let's also be clear that no one else posts under their real name, adds their phone numbers, wants to defame others to hide from the facts which they forgot to mention in their "professional assessment" and then thinks that people are stalking them.

Grown ups call out childish behavior - which is exactly what I have done here and why it is painful for some people.

Reactions: 2 people
Your the king of childish behavior, you posted his name and occupation numerous times, is that not childish?

I can go on, but i am not going to violate the TOS.

By the way, outing someone is a major TOS on this board.

..you posted his name and occupation numerous times, is that not childish?

EXCUSE ME.... but he has repeatedly stated what he does, evey item one would find in a resume... he has posted his Twitter address, his blog address, now his phone number and his picture..... I believe he has even mentioned the names of family members.
You can't out someone by using the same information he has already released about himself.
Let me reiterate... no one else on this forum has gone as far in attempting to disclose their own personal identity... and most have made it clear that they do not and will not post their personally identifying information - which is exactly what E cannot and will not understand about my desires.

because your statement below is 1000 times correct....

Reactions: 3 people
Hmmm, if I'm wrong, then it wouldn't be outing to post links to Vimeo, to AP or NA, one of your sponsors?

Tim, just type in your new profession, Delta, Airlines, retired, and the year you left.

Your name is nowhere in the search criteria, so there's no confusion with the dozens of others who you've referred to.

And no, I've never mentioned relatives names here. Just as I've never mentioned where you live, your wife or child.

You cry foul about outing, and then post what you did above?

Hypocrite,

You question other people's credentials to speak authoritatively on a given topic, yet fiercely protect disclosing your own.

Hypocrite.

You once threatened me not to mess with you.

Arguing or disagreeing with me doesn't bother me at all.

But threaten me? This is a war you've started. Don't be surprised if it ends badly for you.

Now, if you'd like to go on attacking me by name with the goal of affecting my reputation, I'm happy to start sending letters off to various places and sponsors questioning your own character.

Or, you can take your own advice PM'd to me a while back, and "back off, mister!"

This is a discussion forum, Tim. You seem to take it entirely too personal, and make personal attacks when someone disagrees with you.

The number of people you've done it to are numerous. I'm simply not putting up with it, and don't since your Cloak of Anonymity doesn't work anymore.

You want to discuss facts? Engage.

You want to go ad hominum? That won't end well. For you.

Your choice.

Reactions: 4 people
Eric,
let's reduce it one more time to the basics:
1. Membership on this forum REQUIRES that participants respect the principle that personally identifying information is to be revealed publicly on this forum only by those to whom such information belongs.
The fact that you haven't revealed any more doesn't give you brownie points that replace what you have revealed already.
2. You have revealed enormous amounts of personally identifiable information including using your own name - and you've changed your signature to rotate out your blog address and twitter name only to replace it with your phone number. You have given up all of your privacy and you did it all by yourself.
3. Everyone on here has to defend what they write on this forum - to other members who largely do not know each other. I have participated on this forum for long enough to know that I will challenge any one's posts if I believe there is a factual basis for doing so. The difference between every other one of them and you is that you have posted your personally identifying information so the cost of you being personally attached on something you post that is incorrect is much, much higher. That was your choice.
4. Everyone else who posts under pseudonyms can say whatever they want and their posts don't reflect on anyone except their oopinions and their pseudonym here. This forum would collapse if people couldn't speak ill of their employers - which is what constitutes the majority of the content of this board. Do you think the policy of this forum requiring anonymity is anything less than fully intentional to ensure that there will actually be people who will participate on the forum.
5. Your continued attempts to out me are based solely on the fact that you want no one to shine the bright light on what you incorrectly say about basic facts in the industry. Once again, the challenge to facts for everyone else runs off their back because they have chosen not to attach their identity to it.

The mods own participation on the forum depends on their anonymity.
WAR? If you say so.... go for it. I have nothing to lose or hide. But I'm not at war with anyone.
Clearly you do or you'd be able to walk away.

Eric, the obvious choice for you would to realize that your position regarding other people's personal information is wrong and stop doing what you do. More character assassination? Do you really think that is the right choice? Is that the kind of person you want to be known as?
There are no shortage of threads on which we both interact with other people just fine. So it is possible.
Thought you might find the most recent post here to be of interest.... there are good people there.
http://media.willowcreek.org/

Don't forget the handout.
http://media.willowcreek.org/wp-content/files_mf/easterregionalcard.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.