Dol Says Open The Ballots

L1011Ret

Veteran
Oct 31, 2002
DOL is ordering the ballots to be opened and counted. This will take place in DFW next week. Winner will be certified and immediately installed as APFA President.

More - The Solicitor General of the DOL has ordered this. APFA in association with Whitley Penn will open and count the 16 disputed ballots next Thursday August 12 at APFA offices in DFW. Each candidate may bring three observers.

It looks as though the true winner of this election will be put into office next week. Let's hope that Ward and company decide to abide by the DOL's ruling and we don't have to see another lawsuit filed.

This is good news. Does anyone know to whom these ballots belonged to? I am hoping most of the postmarks were STL!!! After reading all the minutes from the meeting, it seems like this has turned into a dictatorship and not a benevolent one at that!

I thought the difference was 6.

If John has to come back to the line - will his salary go from $90,000 a year to $45,000?

L1011Ret said:
13 from STL, 3 from other bases.
According to Liz Mallon, base chair at ORD, it is 11 from STL, 5 from other bases. Even if this lower number is correct and all 5 votes from other bases are for JW, look at this math.

Original difference: 5 votes in favor of JW + 5 other base votes = majority of 10.

I'm assuming all 11 STL votes will be for THB. She wins by 1 vote.

Problem is, we don't know if all the disallowed votes from STL are former TW flight attendants, do we?

I guess we'll just have to wait until next week, won't we?

Yup, we''ll have to wait. Five votes from other bases which voted about 50/50, so give JW 3 and THB 2. Eleven from STL. Voted nearly 100% THB. So give THB 10 and JW 1. Therefore THB wins. However, any good statistician will tell you that predicting this small number of votes is fraught with uncertainty. Only when you have large numbers of votes does the law of large numbers apply. Yup, wait.

Who do you think the Big Shots at "STALAG 13"(HDQ) are rooting for ???

I know, I know, that was a DUMB(ya) question :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I could,nt resist :up: :up: :up:

NH/BB's
RETIRED(Thank GOD)

"GO tommie GO, GO tommie GO, GO tommie GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!