Done

R

RBandlow

It is beginning to look like the nedotiations are over and the same old tactic of labor relations is it hand. "Take it or leave it!"
There is a point at which employees evaluate the numbers and decide a "NO" vote is at hand for them.

As I have said before, unless there is a divestiture of all guarantees of all management pensions, bonuses and raises, commensurate reductions in compensation for the ____ing loosers that have brought us here, it will all go down.
Comitment by management must precede the negotiations. It has not happened. The "CLUB" of loosers will always protect their money, as the airline burns.

Another bankruptcy is imminent.

The company will trash everything to survive. You, me, it doesn't matter.

Contracts, rules, fairness, benefits, retirement, kiss it all good bye. Like my life's work, it is all soon to be lost.

I hope we all find a better life
Rich

USFlyer said:
And that day will be here soon, so you'll get your wish.
[post="172450"][/post]​

He did not ask for the last day. He said he won't agree to more pay cuts. And he will likely not get his wish to be paid to the last day. When USAir goes under, the paychecks that have already been cashed will be the last ones that are valid. All subsequent work will be gratis.

All the employees should be interviewing for their next job. There are plenty of places to work and ways to make a living that beat USAir any day, hands down.

Phoenix said:
He did not ask for the last day. He said he won't agree to more pay cuts. And he will likely not get his wish to be paid to the last day. When USAir goes under, the paychecks that have already been cashed will be the last ones that are valid. All subsequent work will be gratis.

All the employees should be interviewing for their next job. There are plenty of places to work and ways to make a living that beat USAir any day, hands down.
[post="172459"][/post]​

What next job? As a walmartgreeter? Or maybe selling widgets? You are not aware that you have been blacklisted from the airline industry, are you? You kill US Airways, do you seriously think that any other airline is going to want a trouble making, whiny overpriced and self centered (deleted by moderator) like you? YOU are the one who is electing to give up 100% of your salary versus a mere 15%. You know what that makes you? (Deleted by moderator). You would cut off your nose to spite your face.

Go get your next job. It won't pay NOWHERE as close to what you earn now. And if I should lose my job because of guys like you, and we should meet....well I think you know what is going to happen there. :shock:

Phoenix, I agree. By this point, everyone should have been in the process of making plans for their future. I have already made plans and actually look forward to the day when this company shuts down. My future is bright and this ride has been fun for a while, but it's time to get off and move on. I wish all my collegues the best and remind them, when one door closes, another always opens. This should not be the gloom and doom....it's part of life's changes and everyone needs to accept that fact and get on with life. Theres much more to living, than worry and stress over this mess.

El Gato said:
What next job? As a walmartgreeter? Or maybe selling widgets? You are not aware that you have been blacklisted from the airline industry, are you? You kill US Airways, do you seriously think that any other airline is going to want a trouble making, whiny overpriced and self centered doofus like you? YOU are the one who is electing to give up 100% of your salary versus a mere 15%. You know what that makes you? An imbicile. You would cut off your nose to spite your face.

Go get your next job. It won't pay NOWHERE as close to what you earn now. And if I should lose my job because of guys like you, and we should meet....well I think you know what is going to happen there. :shock:
[post="172462"][/post]​

==============================================

El Gato;

As a retired AA employee, I sit here as usual, reading, posting on these boards.

Because the US situation is so bleak, I've tried to refrain from stickin' my "2 cents" in.

However, your posts are making me change my mind.

The FACTS of this sad situation are;

1. Your right, if the ABSOLUTE FINAL EVER concession was to be(hypothetically) THIS ONE, then the pilots probably ? would BEGRUDGEINGLY(SP?) give the A$$ HOLES at CCY, what they want.

2. Problem is, ONLY A FOOL can not see what this "red neck Ala. YAY-HOO, is up to. This P O C (PIECE OF CRAP) is NO BETTER than Frank Lorenzo !!!!!!!!

So,

3. What is a person to do ????

Do you suggest that ALPA take this "suggested" Corn hole-ing and "HOPE" that they NEVER EVER come back for more again/later ?

OR,

Do they make a VERY reasonable offer to CCY, and then make it known that they REFUSE to be RAPED again ??

OH,(and finally) Save me from the "violin" song about these men and women making $$ 6 figures !!!!!!!!!!

I spent 25 years in this industry, and realized that "I" could have been a commercial airline pilot, if "I" was willing to make the sacrifices, over the years that they "DID" !!!

That's the beauty of America, we ALL have oppertunities.

Some people, just aim higher than others.

NH/BB's

NHBB, take all you have just said, and bring it to a Jetblue captain. He/She will laugh in your face and call you a retarded old fool. They are making money by working hard, EARNING their pay - not just negotiating for it then slacking off, and kicking the asses of US/AA/CO and others. They are the future; you are not. Funny thing is, they are not even unionized! And they don't earn near as much as the folks at AA or US. Yet, they are happy. They continue to kick you butt everyday, and all you can do is pathetically whine and moan that "it's not fair!". But you can't change your thoughts, now can you? Can't teach an old dog new tricks, eh? :blink: :blink:

El Gato said:
What next job? As a walmartgreeter? Or maybe selling widgets? You are not aware that you have been blacklisted from the airline industry, are you? You kill US Airways, do you seriously think that any other airline is going to want a trouble making, whiny overpriced and self centered doofus like you?
[post="172462"][/post]​

Then what are you going to do? You will be blacklisted too (according to your above post)

Fly said:
Then what are you going to do? You will be blacklisted too (according to your above post)
[post="172495"][/post]​

Wrong. I already have been in touch with the other airlines, so I have a shot already. It is a MAJOR paycut, and it is much much worse than the one that US Airways wants to take. But I don't have much choice in the matter of saving the company. That is in the pilot's hands, and from the look of things here, those hands are holding a knife to the throat of my job. Slice away, (deleted by moderator), slice away... :ph34r:

;) Westcoastguy said it all. His last post should be final post, to end all posts, regarding this whole awful mess we all find ourselves in.

El Gato said:
Wrong. I already have been in touch with the other airlines, so I have a shot already. It is a MAJOR paycut, and it is much much worse than the one that US Airways wants to take. away... :ph34r:
[post="172500"][/post]​

Staying in the airline business...eh!!! AND taking a major paycut. How smart is that............... I can't figure out if you are bragging or complaining. :blink:

Seatacus said:
Staying in the airline business...eh!!! AND taking a major paycut. How smart is that............... I can't figure out if you are bragging or complaining. :blink:
[post="172508"][/post]​

A little of both, really. I love my work, and take pride in what I do. I would love to stay where I am at(although I HATE PIT!!!). But my point of view is that by killing the company, the pilots are actually accelerating the race to the bottom for the industry. I know you will disagree - standing tough should in theory be the correct stance to take. But I believe it is not, especially at this juncture in our history. 9/11, soaring gas prices, and the fear of the future has changed our lives forever. I don't feel this is the time for bullheaded behaviour. I feel we should try to hold on to what we can, as long as we can. Because once it is gone, it is never coming back.

*PIT people should pay close attention to the fact that any other carriers that enter the PIT market(if at all) are going to pay way less, and hire even less. Hope you don't have a mortgage or car payments to keep up on.