Done

Seatacus said:
OK, so tell me, are you going to an airline that does not have pilots???????????
[post="172522"][/post]​

How about an airline where the pilots work 85 hours a month, seniority or not. How about an airline that has pilots who get less pay but earn huge profit sharing?
That sure as hell is not US Airways. More like Southwest or JetBlue. And last time I checked, they have pilots. So what is your point?

From a pilot's view, no more underwriting slop in the other craft's contracts and expecting the pilots, again, to pull in the slack. IAM works on a/c or motors. No more tug stuff, de-iceing etc. Flight crews clean it a/c, front and back crews. Small planes feed larger planes for point to point,and or international flying. Get rid of these small managers at phl,clt,etc and let the workers that actually do the work, amoung themselves sort out the heartburn. Have them select team leaders, and what that dude says,,, GOES. Why not do that?
Police ourselfs. We all know were the slackers are within our own groups.
Work rules. Cut and dice. The were grate when we were making money.
I could go on.

Atlantic said:
From a pilot's view, no more underwriting slop in the other craft's contracts and expecting the pilots, again, to pull in the slack. IAM works on a/c or motors. No more tug stuff, de-iceing etc. Flight crews clean it a/c, front and back crews. Small planes feed larger planes for point to point,and or international flying. Get rid of these small managers at phl,clt,etc and let the workers that actually do the work, amoung themselves sort out the heartburn. Have them select team leaders, and what that dude says,,, GOES. Why not do that?
Police ourselfs. We all know were the slackers are within our own groups.
Work rules. Cut and dice. The were grate when we were making money.
I could go on.
[post="172539"][/post]​

Nice post man.

But one thing I gotta disagree with. Flight crews cleaning aircraft? Yeah, I know that at B6 and WN they do it, but I can't see it happening here. Half the F/A's are so out of shape they will have a "fat attack" if they try to do it. And a good number of the pilots are not exactly physically fit either. I would expect some medical problems if we tried to enforce that.

You would be suprized what a flight crew could do, chubby or not. It's all about money, and down time. If I have a good crew, that a/c will be picked up, seat belts crossed in 10 mins. after the last px is off. On the 300, we do this at many stations. Is it clean clean? Well if there is crackers ground into the carpet, no. We don't have sweappers. But only the third shift at the hubs sweap. But all the papers, soda cans, water bottles, etc are gone. And I have done this many times. It's not a big deal. Infact, it's less than a big deal.
It is a pain in the ass though, but that's why it's called work. I might add, the flight crews don't get paid for this. The flight has allready blocked in. But still, it's not a big deal. Some times I have a f/o who bucks it. This is how I run my show. We as a crew help each other, and keep the house safe. And that's from check in to sign out.

El Gato said:
NHBB, take all you have just said, and bring it to a Jetblue captain. He/She will laugh in your face and call you a retarded old fool. They are making money by working hard, EARNING their pay - not just negotiating for it then slacking off, and kicking the asses of US/AA/CO and others. They are the future; you are not. Funny thing is, they are not even unionized! And they don't earn near as much as the folks at AA or US. Yet, they are happy. They continue to kick you butt everyday, and all you can do is pathetically whine and moan that "it's not fair!". But you can't change your thoughts, now can you? Can't teach an old dog new tricks, eh? :blink: :blink:
[post="172489"][/post]​

===============================================

El Gato,
Judging from the "depth" of your post's, I've got a few reservations about your knowlege of the US airline Industry.

With that said, plz. allow me to enlighten you a bit.

I don't give a RAT's A$$, about jetblue, or WN, air tran. or "Branson's new baby" !!

While I will admit that the LCC's have hindered the legacy's profits, DON't paint ALL the legacy's with the same brush. In other words, don't put AA or NW, in the same perdicament as US,UA,DL.

B6 and WN can buy all the A320's/737's they want, but they will NEVER(you heard me correctly), NEVER "take down" an AA or NW !!!!!!!!!!

Grandma once said, "one man's floor, is another man's ceiling", so feel free to "rah-rah-rah" B6 all you want, it's a free country.

If YOU think that(over time) that B6 pilots won't unionize, then you really don't know "$HIT from SHINOLA", about this industry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a nice day.

NH/BB's

Fly said:
Yikes...girl, get a grip. It's only a lousy paying job. There are better ones and you'll survive.
[post="172501"][/post]​

Couldn't agree with you more. Airline jobs at the moment are not the same as in past and they are actually more stressfull now and less paying than in most in industries you find yourself worrying about your job security too often. I must admit though for someone to go from airline to airline job really has a heart to go through that stress all over again. I love this industry and the airline I work for but if the airline that I am currently working for gets the rid of me anytime soon I don't think I would take another bite at this industry unless I have no other choice. I would most likely try to get into another industry where job security is better.

I wish all you US Airways employees future success after US since there is life after US and I believe that concessions may be a little too late to save the airline.I never travelled on U but I have heard great things about the employees at U and I All of youn are going to be successfull.

El Gato said:
*PIT people should pay close attention to the fact that any other carriers that enter the PIT market(if at all) are going to pay way less, and hire even less. Hope you don't have a mortgage or car payments to keep up on.
[post="172518"][/post]​

I'm guessing your a glass is half empty kind of guy.

Wow EL Gato is really scared, just one question EL, would you do your job for $13 an hour? Don't think for a minute that you can't be replaced for that!!

Latest posts