Dont Get Injured On The Job...read On Plz

DONT Bet on the monkeys of ccy to do anything or even respond to your email buddy. it is truly sad how it has come down to all of this. the union and the company could have negogiated a hell of a better deal than what we got. sad day. what will it take for the company to listen or may be it will be OSHA with the final say on it as they should slap an ivestigation into usair's practice of not paying the OJI persons

Robc98 said:
I sent a direct letter (email) to Mr. Lakefield in regards to this situation to allow at least sick time to be used for the first week an employee is injured on the job..even at the 1/2 pay rate for the first couple days as per the contract...since He as CEO can make this positive change to the contract.....I sent the email 3 days ago to which I have recieved no reply back at all either positive or negative.....no response.....and I had a second female agent 2 days ago injure her knee after a bag fell off of a cart in the baggage claim area ...the missing bag problems created a logjam of bags here...1 baggage agent....now injured knee...no pay........
[post="243194"][/post]​

You have got to be kidding me!? You are actually asking a CEO to pay you 50% of a days wage for being injured ON THE JOB? MFing Hilarious! This entire industry has gone in the dumper with US Airways leading the charge. You employees got exactly what you voted for, and you took it hook, line & SUCKER!

Without a doubt, the best case of union busting in history. I can guarantee you that US Airways will be the focus of every MBA labor relations course. :lol:

genejockey said:
You have got to be kidding me!? You are actually asking a CEO to pay you 50% of a days wage for being injured ON THE JOB? MFing Hilarious! This entire industry has gone in the dumper with US Airways leading the charge. You employees got exactly what you voted for, and you took it hook, line & SUCKER!

Without a doubt, the best case of union busting in history. I can guarantee you that US Airways will be the focus of every MBA labor relations course. :lol:
[post="244004"][/post]​
Well for starters...It should be full pay for being injured on the job..but since the union created this new sick time scenario then 1/2 pay would be better than none...and as far as taking the bait hook line and sinker..there was no bait..there was a knife at everyone's throats....and as far as any Labor Relations courses...they should not even be offered in school because there is no such thing as Labor relations when u have a federal judge with his finger on the trigger....we gave back a billion dollars again....OI pay should not be an issue but it is and anyone who gets hurt is f...ed.....and yes I asked the CEO of this company to make a change.....if your employed by Usairways what did u do to try and improve your scenario here.....cuz the IAM showed them and look where they ended up...........

Trust me, take them to court and you will recieve ca$h. I know numerous employees who have taken the company to court only to win. And that WAS with an OJI policy.

Hope777 said:
Trust me, take them to court and you will recieve ca$h. I know numerous employees who have taken the company to court only to win. And that WAS with an OJI policy.
[post="244251"][/post]​
Just contact a Workers Comp Attorney if your Injured on the Job, and not those lousy Union Attorneys. You will be compensated one way or the other!

robc you are right go right to the top ,these other guys are afraid to talk
to there lead never mind there manager.scared in there booths.

28yrsnojob said:
robc you are right go right to the top ,these other guys are afraid to talk
to there lead never mind there manager.scared in there booths.
[post="244593"][/post]​

At least if you get hurt, they care enough to help you at US. I have unfortunately taken a job with flyi and got a back injury while unloading the cargo bin. I lay in the bin across the door in complete agony, waiting for paramedics to arrive and the supervisor just unloaded the rest of the luggage over the top of me so there would not be a station delay. How is that for employee friendly? They were more concerned with the station delay than an injured co-worker. If not for the pilot, I would not have seen a face from the airline when paramedics finally got me out of the plane. He helped load me in the ambulance and wished me luck. Said he would check on me next time in the station. Not one person from my station came within sight before I left. Company policy is that someone should have gone with me but we only work with 4 workers and 1 supervisor per shift-1 at ticket counter, 1 at gate and 2 on ramp.

Latest posts