CEO of US Airways will spend one day in jail

I can't believe this thread has gone on this long. He screwed up, he's paying the price for it. What else is there? I'm no huge fan of the guy, but talk about beating a dead horse!

A320 Driver B)

To the people who feel it's his personal life and has zero bearing on the company, and is just fine.
=========================================================
Would you continue going to a Church that had a drunken Priest?

Would you leave your kids in a daycare center that was run by drunks?

Would you let a mechanic repair your car knowing he is a big drunk?

Would you continue sending your family and yourself to a doctor knowing that guy has a serious drinking problem?

Would you build your home run by a construction outfit that was filled with alcoholics?

Why is the CEO of U any different, what gives him pass, does his position carry with it a God mode where bad behavior is tolerated with people scorned for even so much as pointing out the obvious?

This guy is a loser who can't get a grip on his personal life, the last kind of individual who should hold any kind of position with responibility let along top dog of a major airline.

But we live in a twisted country where saying you're sorry for the family you just butchered to death is forgiven and the murderer is given rehabilitation therapy and a job with subsidized government housing.

I have waited a long time to chime in on this subject.I was in Cancun when the story came over CNN.I have had time to let it sink in and give my opinion on the subject.

If Doug had negotiated transition agreements with his unions he would have a lot more support from his employees.
I have lost all respect for the man myself.We all make mistakes,it's part of being human.The difference is his actions have a greater impact on many more lives than if any single employee had made the same mistake.

I think it's time for Doug to Run this airline or step down and let the BOD find someone who can.I prefer the latter.

Regards

N607P

To the people who feel it's his personal life and has zero bearing on the company, and is just fine.

Would you continue sending your family and yourself to a doctor knowing that guy has a serious drinking problem?

Would you build your home run by a construction outfit that was filled with alcoholics?

Why is the CEO of U any different, what gives him pass, does his position carry with it a God mode where bad behavior is tolerated with people scorned for even so much as pointing out the obvious?

This guy is a loser who can't get a grip on his personal life, the last kind of individual who should hold any kind of position with responibility let along top dog of a major airline.

But we live in a twisted country where saying you're sorry for the family you just butchered to death is forgiven and the murderer is given rehabilitation therapy and a job with subsidized government housing.

Absolutely spot on 700IAM! Parker is a guy with a track record. Some think he should be given (another) pardon on this DUI thing, but I WAS ON THE RECEIVING END OF A DRUNK DRIVER on August 12, 1989. I saw what drinking can do first hand when I woke up in the hospital next to my girlfriend and saw an ER surgeon trying to put my girlfriend's face back together next to me. She went through the windshield and is permanently disfigured.
Doug is truly a piece of garbage, from the inside out. He deserves to be fired.

For heaven's sake...he blew .01 over the limit and this makes him a drunk? Your comparisions are faulty even if you consider the other offenses 20 years ago. Get a grip.

Four DUIs makes him a drunk and the Judge sent him for an evaluation for a reason.

Four DUIs makes him a drunk and the Judge sent him for an evaluation for a reason.

Thank You......

As for the person wanting me to get a grip. I took that grip several years ago when I started receiving my pension. That was my reward for living in constant uncertainly for 15 years of my life making me half crazy acting and doing things abnormal, for me. I have a very firm grip and I suggest you stick out your hand and give it a try. Do yourself a favor and save yourself from going insane. Insanity is defined as letting drunken CEO’s off the hook, just because.

Every lame attempt to defend this conduct leads to five posts condemning it.

Quit pretending nothing happened the first three times and you won't have to spend your time defending the fourth.

For heaven's sake...he blew .01 over the limit and this makes him a drunk? Your comparisions are faulty even if you consider the other offenses 20 years ago. Get a grip.
I was under the impression that 0.01 beyond the limit indicated you were drunk and operating a vehicle....

Is it like being 0.01% pregnant?

Well I wasn't that pregnant.... :lol:

It makes you wonder just how many times he was DUI and never stopped by police or had an accident...????

I had remembered reading a news article in the early days of the merger which mentioned that DoUgIe liked to drink beer:

America West CEO inspires workers by being one of them

"Parker, who lives in Paradise Valley, Ariz., with his wife and three children, is a "very calm, nice, easygoing person who would rather go to a ballgame and eat a hot dog and have a beer" than get dressed up and go to a formal occasion, Kirby said."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05153/514124.stm