CEO of US Airways will spend one day in jail

I have really mixed emotions about this subject. The guy IS human. But, a CEO shouldn't be so damn stupid to get a DUI.

At any rate, I'm happy Doug didn't try to weasel his way out of this. He sent an example, stood up straight, and said "yep, I'm guilty."

What would happen if the unscrupulous bag handler who pilfered the Rolex from my luggage did the same? Or, if the FA in PineyBob's tomato juice thread confessed to stealing the Cokes? Or if the rude employee said "I was nasty to Mr. Smith."

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

None of us is perfect.

Sheriff Joe is the man when it comes to law enforcement. He will not play favorites. Some say that DP's sentence was light, but you or I would have been issued the same.

Dog Porker will receive the Glen Campbell treatment. Treatment will be with kid gloves. No tent, no pink undies. Let's not forget that the Original Beach Boy kneed a copper in the baby-makers.

He isn't going to Sheriff Joe's Jail. He is going to Scottsdale City Jail.

He isn't going to Sheriff Joe's Jail. He is going to Scottsdale City Jail.
Yeah, city lock-up. No prisoners go in general population right away, unless they have been there recently. They generally put you in a quarenteen area for 3-21 days. And DUI's and some minor offenses rarely will be put in with the general population. In other words, he can leave his bar of soap at home. He won't be seeing "Bubba"! :lol:

I'm just happy that he didn't drink so much that he got on top of the bar and started dancing! Imagine what the press would have said about that! Or what if he had gotten into a fist fight! That would have been funny!

I know they aren't popular but at least Wolf/Gangwal/Siegel/Lakefield never embarrassed the company with fratboy-like personal antics.
Come to think of it Wolf and Parker couldn't be more different, Wolf added class to the product and whatever residual was left was sucked out by the desert beer partiers.

I'll just relate a story and let it speak for itself.

Walked into the RCC in SNA a few years back when Lakefield was running the show. Very nice lady check my card and says "Oh you're a Chairman's Preferred, I hope you guys make it. Mr Wolf ruined our airline and yours"
I was no fan of Wolfe (Mr no plan B ) either, but the one thing he did do that may have benefited this airline more than any other was the creation of the CP desk. How many of the FF would have left long ago had it not been for the "angels" watching over you......

To this day it is the one thing I miss about US.

Latest posts