Doogie gets arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds Like Police BS To Me!! You All Need To GROW UP!!!!
Ever accidenally swallow mouthwash? That will put you near .08. 3 beers in a two hour time period would make it marginal, but the law is the law. On whether he was slurring, that could be debatable. The officer can say that at any time. By NO means am I sticking up for Doug, but I don't trust Police either. They are human and can make mistakes. But what the hell was Doug thinking on driving 20mph over the speed limit on Pima Road. If I had 1 drink, I would make sure I was at the speed limit. 3 beers in a 2 hour timespan should't make him over the limit but if it was other than your standard beer, it could of. Alot of Microbrews are stronger than your Budwesiser, MGD. But a guy in his position should know better. Miss America Tara Connor just went thru Caron Rehab, about 10 miles away from me. Its supposed to be one of the best. I hope that Doug learns from this, and be Thankful that No Body got injured or killed.

I wish him the same level of justice that his croanies show our people when there is a problem. Bout time he get a taste of what he helps dish out. HANG HIM

It's part of his private life--the only reason he's addressing it now is because the media found out.
In my mind it was and should have been a private affair up until he used to a US employee to hide behind. Once he used Elise for spin it became a US issue and open to discussion.

All valid questions to which he owes answers.

I've just never been the type to kick someone when they're down.

He should have to pay for this bad judgment. Hopefully, during his recovery, he will realize what's really important - his family and his work.
Parker owes nobody at this company an answer what he does in his personal life is his business. You people need to always stop trying to find fault with people and when you do you want an anwser. Gett a real life. If he was legally drunk and convicted the only people he has to answer to is him self and the judge and his family not you.

Doug did issue a statement today via a Corporate Comunications.... At the end it did say he was sorry and thanked the employees for their continued support. MY job requires a valid drivers license. Would I get support from USAirways?
Also, only 30 days loss of license? In NJ, its 90 days for .08 and over .10 is 210 days.

If a pilot gets a DUI he's gone.

If it's good enough for a pilot, It's good enough for this fraud.
You r a idiot if a pilot got a dui he is not gone. he has the backing of his union to protect his job and get him help would you like to know what it is called it is called HIMMS so next time you make a stupid statement like that know what your talking about.

If he wasn't "clocked in" does it really matter?

What happens away from work should stay away from work (and realated Bulletin boards)

Whats this now a fourm against(allegedly) drunk drivers

Ever accidenally swallow mouthwash? That will put you near .08...

Unless you are accidentally swallowing a whole bunch of mouthwash you will not blow a .08. Back when the FAA started random testing there was a training video out showing tests on this. The alcohol in mouthwash dissipates very quickly in testing and after about five minutes there is almost no trace. This includes swallowing a small amount. Please note that FAA safety sensitive employees such as mechanics, flight attendants, and pilots are not allowed to consume mouthwash with alcohol 4 to 8 hours pre-shift or on-shift. Even though it would not be detected by testing it still is illegal. Same goes for prescriptions from your doctors that contain alcohol. I am surprised at the people on here defending drinking and driving. People make a choice to drive drunk. It is a crime and it affects innocent people. DP is a high profile employee and that is why people on here discuss it.

While I feel bad for him and his family because our drunk driving laws are a bit, well, harsh at times. I cannot help to chuckle to know that the black BMW he was driving was purchased for him by the company and is now part of a criminal investigation.....LOL!

If he wasn't "clocked in" does it really matter?

What happens away from work should stay away from work (and realated Bulletin boards)

Whats this now a fourm against(allegedly) drunk drivers
Well if YOUR BOY DOUG focused his attention on RUNNING USAirways instead of everything else, I might agree with you. Either way, a very stupid move on his part. He just cashed in for several MILLIONS last fall, the least he could have done is spring for a cab.

Now it all makes sense.....all these operational issues are discussed over drinks at the local Tempe booze hut :lol: ....If you get stopped for a DUI....you obviously have a drinking issue and it needs to be dealt with!

I think this topic is very relevant to aviation. Like it was already posted he is the CEO of a major airline. No one should drive while intoxicated. Period. I will wait for the results of his blood alcohol test before passing judgement. If he is guilty he should pay/face legal ramifications but because he was not about to enter a cockpit to fly an aircraft I dont know if he should lose his job. He wasnt on the clock. Are there any employees that have a DUI that have lost their jobs when their job functions are unrelated? Arent there employee programs to help alcoholic and drug addicted employees? I still think Doug should be held to a higher standard but I dont know if losing his job would be the answer. I think Herb does a pretty good job of running his airline and I KNOW he likes an occasional drink. All in all, its a pretty sad day for everyone. Mama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back