E170 Sims Going To Clt

Cosmo:

Current industry fundamentals hurt both companies.

A big difference between US Airways and United is that the Arlington-based carrier has the loan guarantee and has been able to re-negotiate terms. On the other hand, United was rejected by the board, has been unable to articulate a business plan/POR, keeps missing bankruptcy court POR deadlines, and now will have more difficulty obtaining the loan guarantee due to deteriorating fundamentals.

In fact, there are mounting reports, such as the recent Aviation Week editorial, that United will not obtain the loan guarantee again. When you consider United lost over $6 million per day in January and cannot hedge fuel, even with the uptick in summer time travel, it may be difficult, if not impossible, to convince the board that the company can obtain a 7% profit margin in 7 years.

What I find interesting is how the United posters previously objected to me posting on their board and even complained to the USAviation.com principals, but they continue to banter on the US Airways board. Somewhat hypocritical or maybe schizophrenic, wouldn't you agree?

In fact, why don't the United employees post on their board? I do not post on their board and have no interest in doing so, but that's clearly not the desire of the United employees.

Interesting...

Regardless, during the past two weeks US Airways and ALPA settled the MDA grievance and reached a new tentative accord on scope relief. These agreements enabled US Airways to obtain GECAS and ATSB support, as well as prevent S&P from lowering the credit rating. GECAS can pull the RJ financing if the credit rating is lowered to C+, thus this week's news has been good from a corporate perspective for those parties interested in the success of US Airways.

By the way, what does this discussion and the continued United employee thread hijacking have to do with EMB-170 simulators going to the Charlotte Training Center?

Separately, I once again want to go on record that I do not want to merge with United and I believe it would be in US Airways' best interests to terminate the code share agreement between the business partners and for the Arlington-based company to strike a deal with another carrier like Northwest (since this option now appears to be available).

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
... has been unable to articulate a business plan/POR, keeps missing bankruptcy court POR deadlines, and now will have more difficulty obtaining the loan guarantee due to deteriorating fundamentals.
Keep up the spin buddy. It's very entertaining.

Allow me to offer some corrections for everyone else:

-UA is not "unable" to articulate a POR. UA strategically chose to wait as long as possible to extract maximum benefit from the bankruptcy process.

-UA does not "keep missing" deadlines. They choose to apply for, and legally, properly obtain extensions for the same strategic reason above. Had the extensions not been granted by the court, UA would have articulated it's plan when required to do so.

-UA is in constant contact with the ATSB and there have been absolutely no official, public, or other indication by the ATSB that UA is having or will have problems obtaining the loan guarantee. That idea is a speculative assumption (or twisted hope) of a particular USAir captain.

And by the way USA320captain, who was the first to predict that you would claim this thread was hijacked by UA employees, after you yourself chose to bring up UA in this thread and post blatant lies and misleading information?

You're right, UA has nothing to do with US moving sims to CLT. So why did you bring up UA in the first place?

Hmmmm... very interesting.

USA320Pilot said:
Current industry fundamentals hurt both companies.
That's clearly NOT what you posted earlier! You were earlier caught lying about United's January 2004 revenues, and now you've been caught dramatically contradicting yourself about the industry's "fundamentals" in posts only 21 minutes apart in two different threads. And so what's your response? You changed the subject, as usual, re-telling yet again your canned litany of all of United's "problems", real and imagined. How do you expect to maintain any credibility when you act this way?

USA320Pilot said:
In fact, there are mounting reports, such as the recent Aviation Week editorial, that United will not obtain the loan guarantee again.
An editorial is not a report.

That you seem to think they are is perhaps either the most ironic thing posted this week, or it certainly explains quite a few postings.....

Simulators in Charlotte

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - As was prematurely reported before the company could make an internal announcement, new flight simulators for Canadair and Embraer regional jet models will be incorporated into the training center in Charlotte. CAE Inc. of Montreal is preparing to ship a simulator for the CRJ-200, which is being flown by wholly owned subsidiary PSA Airlines, based in Dayton, Ohio. Likewise, CAE is getting ready to deliver a flight simulator for the Embraer-170, which will be flown by MidAtlantic Airways when it begins service early next month.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Latest posts