Eagle Pilots Ratify CBA

WingNaPrayer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
EYW
American Eagle pilots, represented by the Air Line Pilots Association Int'l, achieved a ratified collective bargaining agreement with management after an arduous negotiations process surrounding an unprecedented 16-year contract with AMR Corporation (AMR).

The newly ratified agreement contains improvements to work rules and quality of life provisions for the 2,800-plus pilots at American Eagle while avoiding contractual concessions.

When the contract becomes amendable at the end of 2012, the pilots will return to the traditional method of contract negotiations.

Why does this sound like it translates into a good screwing?

Anyone have solid details?

I ain't never heard a no 16-year contract that becomes amendable in just 4 years. Do they expect the next round of negotiations to take 12 years? :shock:

Also, I can't imagine it is good for current or future AE pilots if the company came to agreement this quickly. It's all to their benefit to drag things out because we all have that pesky "the current contract rules until a new contract is ratified" thing.

I ain't never heard a no 16-year contract that becomes amendable in just 4 years. Do they expect the next round of negotiations to take 12 years? :shock:

Also, I can't imagine it is good for current or future AE pilots if the company came to agreement this quickly. It's all to their benefit to drag things out because we all have that pesky "the current contract rules until a new contract is ratified" thing.

Sometimes it helps if you have a little knowledge of what you speak of.

AE/ALPA signed a contract way back when, maybe in 1996, that allowed for periodic "review", and "automatic", or at least "semi-automatic" pay rate adjustments, with some language about industry averages. (...s very little knowledge)

It was to become amendable in 16 years, hence the 2012 reference.

Back