Eagle Reductions

Status
Not open for further replies.
----------------
On 8/22/2002 3:31:48 PM

As a customer, the fact that AA could not replace its mainline SJC-SEA service with Eagle service means that I have to give all of that business to Alaska. Alaska's ability to dominate the West Coast 10x/daily LAX-SEA, SJC-SEA, SFO-SEA, etc., service has now given Alaska a springboard to start challenging AA on their own "bread and butter" -- the transcons. So you can see how the caps on Eagle service are having a domino effect and raising up competitors to the mainline service.

I wish, I wish, that AMR mgmt and pilots would achieve a positive breakthrough on this issue very soon. I am tired of having to give my business to competitors.

----------------

Rumor mill is talking about an expansion of LA flying for Eagle. Not soon enough to keep all the pax from leaving for other carriers though.

----------------
On 8/22/2002 1:11:24 PM

----------------
On 8/22/2002 9:43:08 AM
I agree, there is no way to argue with a fact.

I don't think there are many (if any) people that would disagree with this. Personally, I think they should get rid of / ease up on the restrictions they have and in return get some sort of capacity restriction on Eagle into a particular market. That is, if Eagle is offering 250 seats a day in a market and wants to add flights, they have to add mainline instead... what the threshold should be I don't know, but something along these lines would prevent Eagle from growing out of control, but could allow AMR to protect its market share.

----------------

That/s a good idea.

----------------
On 8/22/2002 5:33:04 PM

Rumor mill is talking about an expansion of LA flying for Eagle. Not soon enough to keep all the pax from leaving for other carriers though.
----------------

Yeah, that's sort of the rub. By the time that AMR is able to make it happen, will it be too late ? How many years will it be before this actually happens ?

SJC shouldn't be left out the equation, either... I know everyone likes to dis SJC because of the dot bombs, customs shack, etc.. but the fact is that AA built a healthy FF base there with their service in the 90's, and it seems bad business practice to just give it the kiss off. (Not that they have entirely done this yet, but it all depends on what they do in the fall schedule cuts, plus whether they can ever restore decent direct or connecting service to SEA, PDX, SLC, DEN, RNO, etc.).

Maybe this frustration isn't good for my health... maybe I should just start driving to SFO and fly UA
[:((] (not that I would like this)

Not really an Eagle reduction, but I heard that MLI was going to get a reduction in mainline to STL. Does anyone know when the current cuts make the schedule?

----------------
On 8/22/2002 5:44:27 PM

Does anyone know what cities beyond Bloomington are getting the axe?
----------------

I know that ORH is getting cut...thats already been announced.

Also saw on the news that DLH (Duluth,MN) is supposed to get cut as well...but its still in the schedules right now.

I would look for an Eagle ASM reduction through the sale of the SJU commuter. Then I would suspect that mgt will institute a reverse codeshare.

The problem is IMHO, reverse cosesharing is the issue that will tear the house down. The AA pilots have been without a contract for a year. If they see any growth at Eagle, you have lit the fuse to the time bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.