EM-190 to Eagle?

...depends on how far back you consider "tradition". How many people did a DC3 hold? It was mainline and would be caught dead on mainline property at any carrier today with its capacity. Maybe the needle is in need of a move again???

The problem is that it isn't just a pilot issue. The reson the company wants planes at Eagle/ExpressJet/Comair, etc. is because the pilots, mechanics, flight attendants, and agents are all lower cost (pay & benefits). Just making a deal with pilots won't suffice. I'd be jumping mad if I were an AA mechanic the TWU didn't bring up the same fight pilots do (please don't add your comments about company union etc...not interested...try to have a business arguement).

That's just it. The TWU could care less if AA mechanics lose their jobs to American Eagle, because Eagle mechanics are represented by the TWU also. The TWU still gets the dues money whether it's an AA or AE station.

...do they pay the same dues amount? If they don't then the TWU would care, it's a business like any other. They'd prefer it be an AA job. The flight attendants would likely have an issue as well...

...do they pay the same dues amount? If they don't then the TWU would care, it's a business like any other. They'd prefer it be an AA job. The flight attendants would likely have an issue as well...
Actually their dues are pretty close, within a few dollars per month.

Haven't heard anything about looking at the 170/190 series EMBs.
Hopefully we'll never get those unreiable maintenance pigs here. It's bad enough that we have the Brazilian Lawn Darts and Canadian Freezer Tubes. We'll have to up maintenance manpower to take care of any more sub-standard imported aircraft.

Dues at Eagle are half of what AA pays, I know I worked for both, a little less than 2 hours of pay per month...

Haven't heard anything about looking at the 170/190 series EMBs.
Hopefully we'll never get those unreiable maintenance pigs here. It's bad enough that we have the Brazilian Lawn Darts and Canadian Freezer Tubes. We'll have to up maintenance manpower to take care of any more sub-standard imported aircraft.

Airplanes break. Some more than others. It's the nature of the game. The Shorts and the Jetstreams had problems too, do you want to back to those?