Embraer Suspends Us Airways Deliveries

May be the most important negotiation of all. If financing for the 170s falls through, other lenders may rapidly respond causing an invol liquidation.

jimntx said:
The nerve of those Brazilians! Stopping delivery just because they want to be assured that they get paid. Maybe we should "liberate" Brazil next. :lol:
[post="180407"][/post]​

jimntx, fwiw, Brazil is a very unstable country. Talk about a two class society. Go to Rio de Janeiro and you'll see massive "favelas" (slums) right next to multi-million dollar homes. One of these days we're going to read about a mass riot where the poor kill a lot of rich people. So, of course, these people want their money. Because they know if US Airways can't pay for the planes somebody else (JetBlue or some other startup) can and will get financing. Plus, I have to be honest, they absolutely hate Bush down there.

jimntx said:
I'm well aware of the conditions in Brazil. Unlike most Americans, I have been on every continent except Antarctica. I was being silly. Didn't you notice the smiley face?
[post="180414"][/post]​
LOL Okay Jim! :p

If you had something to sell, would you hold it for a company that can't pay their bills, or give it up for someone who is ready to buy???

Plus, I have to be honest, they absolutely hate Bush down there.

Bet they love that John Kerry though! They can really relate to his unfortunately poor upbringing and lifestyle.

Seriously, who is providing the financing for the EMBs? If it is Embraer, this is very ominous. Doesn’t matter how much help the ATSB provides if private investors are no longer willing to invest anything.
You also have to wonder where EMB is planning to place these planes or are they just going to sit on them until they determine whether it’s worth the risk of delivering them to US.

As for Brazil, the EMB is a very significant program. It is highly unusual for a country to move into airplane manufacturing without first becoming leaders in other industries with heavy manufacturing – which Brazil does not have. This is a huge accomplishment for Brazil and for Latin America.

WorldTraveler said:
You also have to wonder where EMB is planning to place these planes or are they just going to sit on them until they determine whether it’s worth the risk of delivering them to US.
[post="180427"][/post]​

Maybe they'll just speed up their deliveries to JetBlue. JetBlue has shown interest in expanding into the Caribbean from FLL. The new EMBs would be a good a/c for that service.

EyeInTheSky said:
Plus, I have to be honest, they absolutely hate Bush down there.
[post="180409"][/post]​

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being very important to me) the importance of how foreigners feel about either presidential candidate in my determining who to vote for is "zero", because "1" doesn't do justice to how little the foreigners' opinion means to me. If anything, it's a contrary indicator. You think if the Brazilians had a better opinion of Bush, they'd sell the planes (with serious doubts as to payment) anyway? Ridiculous.

Back