End of PIT hub???!!!

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/20/2002 11:33:37 AM welsh44 wrote:
[P]If I remember correctly, PIT has been named number 4 in the world.  Are you trying to say all the analysts are wrong?  SIN is probably GREAT.....please don't try to belittle a great airport.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][FONT color=#ff6666]Perhaps it was rated so high because it wasn't crowded/congested.[/FONT][/P]

read today in the tus paper America Worst, er, i.e. America West is going to start serving pit
lennieh

jcrb;
when you make enough to only take home half of what your employer pays you, you will vote Republican too.

We dont have to worry about that, the Republicans will make sure that we never make that much.

[DIV]
[P]Midway Hangs In There[/P]
[P]The saga in Raleigh continues.[/P]
[P]Last week, the DOT approved a proposed plan that would see Midway return once again, this time as a regional partner to US Airways.[/P]
[P]However, even though the DOT has now given its thumbs up to the proposed plan, the airline still has not met other conditions of its agreement with US Airways.[/P]
[P]The airline was scheduled to begin flying for US Airways this month, but the airline has still not secured the required $5 million security loan that is required as part of the deal. The airline also has not obtained leases for 18 regional jets, another condition of the agreement.[/P]
[P]The airline had originally said it was going to file a new reorganization plan with the bankruptcy court no later than Sept. 1. There is still no plan. The judge in the case has now set a deadline of Jan. 30 for a plan.[/P]
[P]If the airline has no plan in place at that time, it is generally believed that the judge will convert the airline's Chapter 11 proceeding to a Chapter 7 liquidation.[/P]
[P] [/P]
[P]Plane Business Website![/P][/DIV]

[P][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3]Pitguy:[/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3]I am a US Airways A-320 Captain. How about you and what's your name?[/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3]Chip[/FONT][/P]

[P][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3]Stick-n-Rudder:[/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3]Stick-n-Rudder asked: Of what significance is that?[/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3]Chip answers: It would provide insight into your posts, again would you mind answering the question? Thanks.[/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3]Chip[/FONT][/P]

[P][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3]Stick-n-Rudder:[BR][BR]Stick-n-Rudder asked: Of what significance is that?[/FONT][BR][BR][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3]Chip answers: It would provide insight into your posts, again would you mind answering the question? Thanks.[/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3]Chip,[/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3]No, I do not mind answering your post. How I attain income is none of your business! Further, how this will provide insight into your posts is insignificant?[/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3]All's I'm saying is what I'm saying![/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3] [/FONT] [/P]
[P][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3][/FONT][BR] [/P]

Chip,

There is little to no incentive for either Skywest or ACA to join as US Airways affiliate regionals. Why would their pilots want to agree to JFJ or their managements agree to join with US Airways if they could both shift operations into their established Delta Connection code shares?

I know that you are eager to see an actual JFJ operation take place, but that is just grasping at straws. The fact is that it is a crappy deal that could only have been forced upon regionals without a choice (ALG, PDT, PSA), or those about to expire (Midway, CCAir).

JFJ is not a new idea, just because a few carriers have been forced into the deal does not make it anymore enticing to anyone than when it first was introduced...

You will get your JFJ, but it will take a long time before it makes any real impact.

DakotaHC8:

DakotaHC8 said: There is little to no incentive for either Skywest or ACA to join as US Airways affiliate regionals. Why would their pilots want to agree to JFJ or their managements agree to join with US Airways if they could both shift operations into their established Delta Connection code shares?

Chip comments: Dakota, if United files for bankruptcy there are reports they could downsize by one-third and UAX flying could be at risk. This has been discussed on Wall Street, thus these RJ operators may have to seek other opportunities to have a code share partner. Last Friday Dave Siegel told employees in a recorded message, You're going to see and hear of a number of additional regional jet deals completed over the next several weeks. I'm excited to be announcing a large one at such time.

It's unclear who these jets could be flown by because the company is finalizing these agreements, but I received a report PSA just cancelled projected new hire classes, so it's possible the wholly owneds may not see RJs in their immediate future, especially if US Airways extends its time in Chapter 11.

Chip