Expert: Airline Has '50-50' Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
11 Minutes ....You need to do better Cav....Your attack dog mentality is slipping a bit in your superior numerical calendar position.

PineyBob said:
Can I be in it too?

We have to come up with a clever name! Sorry Cockroaches is taken and we're not licensing it right now.

Wait I know!!! How about CAV

Cunning
Arrogant
Venomous
Apologist for failed
Liberal
Ideas
E
R

OR

Cunning
Hypocritical
Inaccurate
Prognosticator.

Now since he NEVER reads my posts until the next one, let's see how long it takes him to berate me AND bring up the 15 year old "Xerox Incident"
Welcome to the club Bob! We're going to have to set some limits on the number of beratings you have to have taken before you get in the club as it would be full in short order.

As for a name.....try this one on.

C Crying about all the big bad bullies in Corporate America
A Anoited by himself as the savior of organized labor
V Venomous fits very well here
A Antagonist
L Liberal....Leftwing...Leftist Choose your favorite
I Instigator
E Egotistical
R Repeater of the Union mantra.

MrAeroMan said:
11 Minutes ....You need to do better Cav....Your attack dog mentality is slipping a bit in your superior numerical calendar position.
You people need to give me a break because I am older than most of you young and inexperienced nevertheless you will never match my sattvic nature.

This one is for you Cav....

Once upon a time, on a farm in Indiana, there was a little red hen who scratched about the barnyard until she uncovered quite a few grains of wheat. She called all of her neighbors together and said, "If we plant this wheat, we shall have bread to eat. Who will help me plant it?"

"Not I," said the cow.
"Not I," said the duck.
"Not I," said the pig.
"Not I," said the goose.

"Then I will do it by myself," said the little red hen. And so she did; The wheat grew very tall and ripened into golden grain. "Who will help me reap my wheat?" asked the little red hen.

"Not I," said the duck.
"Out of my classification," said the pig.
"I'd lose my seniority," said the cow.
"I'd lose my unemployment compensation," said the goose.

"Then I will do it by myself," said the little red hen, and so she did. At last it came time to bake the bread. "Who will help me bake the bread?" asked the little red hen.

"That would be overtime for me," said the cow.
"I'd lose my welfare benefits," said the duck.
"I'm a dropout and never learned how," said the pig.
"If I'm to be the only helper, that's discrimination," said
the goose.

"Then I will do it by myself," said the little red hen. She baked five loaves and held them up for all of her neighbors to see. They wanted some and, in fact, demanded a share. But the little red hen said, "No, I shall eat all five loaves."

"Excess profits!" cried the cow.
"Capitalist leech!" screamed the duck.
"I demand equal rights!" yelled the goose.
The pig just grunted in disdain.
And they all painted "Unfair!" picket signs and marched around and around the little red hen, shouting obscenities.

Then a government agent came, he said to the little red hen, "You must not be so greedy." "But I earned the bread," said the little red hen. "Exactly," said the agent. "That is what makes our free enterprise system so wonderful. Anyone in the barnyard can earn as much as he wants. But under our modern government regulations, the productive workers must divide the fruits of their labor with those who are lazy and idle."

And they all lived happily ever after, including the little red hen, who smiled and clucked, "I am grateful, for now I truly understand." But her neighbors became quite disappointed in her. She never again baked bread because she joined the "party" and got her bread free. And all the Democrats smiled. 'Fairness' had been established. Individual initiative had died, but nobody noticed; perhaps no one cared.... as long as there was free bread that "the rich" were paying for.

What was that you were saying Cav?? Pass you my bread??

MrAeroMan said:
You hit the nail on the head there Bob.
MrAeroMan:

The term "fairness" is almost unilaterally used by unions
and Democrats. In a Capitalist society, fairness is not
a guarantee. I believe in Capitalism so therefore, I
suppose that makes me a management shill and a
Republican.

SpinDoc said:
Republican.
ok I admit I am confused about fairness as dicussed on here and how it relate to other things discussed on here. I looked up the definitions can someone explain?

fairness
[n] conformity with rules or standards; "the judge recognized the fairness of my claim"
[n] ability to make judgments free from discrimination or dishonesty

capitalist
[n] a person who invests capital in a business (especially a large business)
[n] an advocate of capitalism
[adj] favoring or practicing capitalism
[adj] of or relating to capitalism or capitalists; "a capitalist nation"; "capitalistic methods and incentives"

capitalism
[n] an economic system based on private ownership of capital

union
n] an organization of employees formed to bargain with the employer;

republican
[n] an advocate of a republic (usually in opposition to a monarchy)
[n] a member of the Republican Party
[adj] having the supreme power lying in the body of citizens entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them or characteristic of such government; "the United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government"- United States Constitution; "a very republican notion"; "so little republican and so much aristocratic sentiment"- Philip Marsh; "our republican and artistic simplicity"-Nathaniel Hawthorne

democratic
[adj] representing or appealing to or adapted for the benefit of the people at large; "democratic art forms"; "a democratic or popular movement"; "popular thought"; "popular science"; "popular fiction"
[adj] characterized by or advocating or based upon the principles of democracy or social equality; "democratic government"; "a democratic country"; "a democratic scorn for bloated dukes and lords"- George du Maurier
[adj] belong to or relating to the Democratic Party; "Democratic senator"

democracy
[n] the doctrine that the numerical majority of an organized group can make decisions binding on the whole group
[n] the political orientation of those who favor government by the people or by their elected representatives
[n] a political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them

SpinDoc said:
MrAeroMan:

Republican.
I wouldn't say that. I would say that only makes you another of thousands of soon to be unemployed U employees, that all......

vc10 said:
I'm with you on the marketing, but what's "bizarre" about the focus on internet and kiosks? Every other US airline is also going headlong into getting passengers to use kiosks and the internet for the reason that it's cheap---and guess what, a lot of passengers (me included) prefer them.
If the internet worked as easily as SouthWests then I could see the push. If someone answered the phone for the internet challenged then I could see it. But alas Southwest is the only one that answers their phone with a real person before the second ring...

If a man has his wallet open you should make it easier for him to give you the money than for him to give it to the other guy that wants his money. BTW I learned this in kindegarten at the lemonade stand...

cavalier said:
I wouldn't say that. I would say that only makes you another of thousands of soon to be unemployed U employees, that all......
Of course you wouldn't say that and that list of people that will be out of work will include your name and with it will come the endless diatribes about how raw a deal you got from the company and how it's not your fault. It's only management that is to blame and the IAM had nothing to do with it at all. We know the routine. It's getting as old as an 8-track tape with a player that has dead batteries.

<_<

SpinDoc said:
MrAeroMan:

Republican.
Doc,

That label will certainly be bestowed upon you by the great keeper of the union card on these boards. Beware of his holiness and in case you forget he will rap you over the head with his leftist, left-wing wacko ideals like he does anyone who disagrees with him.

Love live the King! :p

besafe2 said:
On Sat nights we run the EM70 to Atl at 2015. The big island push. It holds 80 bags or so. Last Sat. the last 50 bags were left off due to lack of space!!!!!
Now the want concessions.Just say no way. They don't deserve to stay open...
Could it have been that those bags were leftover from previous RJ flights earlier in the day..?

Never thought of that , did you..? {Fact}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back