Interesting Opinion!

operaations said:
That started a flood of other passengers asking about gate information and probably stuff he had no clue about. But he stood there for 30 minutes and answered all he could. He made alot of people happy they Chose AA.

[post="278656"][/post]​

How by giving them information about "stuff he had no clue about"? Be courteous and respectful, helpful if able, but the best bet is to steer them where they can get the right information. Giving them the wrong information could be worse than refusing to talk to them at all. They may get pissed but at least they will still keep looking for what they need. Give them the wrong info and they may end up missing their flight.

i am going to say something that will not be well received. 1st no one can tell just by looking what fare a person paid. 2nd if the company offers the service for a low or discounted price that means they contracted for it and the customer has the right to receive it as advertised. no one twisted AA's arms to get the business. step away from this industry and consider an illustration. my neighbor and i use the same lawn service. i come home and see my neighbor's yard and it is immaculate. mine on the other hand has been scalped in places, grass clippings remain on the walk ways and street - i could go on but you get the idea. turns out that i am paying 5 dollars less than my neighbor and the crew in their anger takes it out on the level of performance. turns out that i chose this service because of what i had seen next door. they contracted with me and i expected to be treated with the same level of service, courtesy etc. but i discover to my chagrin that they detest me for doing business with them. moral of the story - if you make a deal - keep it. integrity is priceless.

Handling crowd control is an artform. I will allways maintain that pursers/ premium agents should be in a class by themselves and paid accordinglly. AA's biggest mistake IMHO was to start outsourcing baggage service in '95 and they have let it creep to the point where if passengers find one guy who might know what they are talking about it will look like bees around a hive in short order.

mwa said:
i am going to say something that will not be well received. 1st no one can tell just by looking what fare a person paid. 2nd if the company offers the service for a low or discounted price that means they contracted for it and the customer has the right to receive it as advertised. no one twisted AA's arms to get the business. step away from this industry and consider an illustration. my neighbor and i use the same lawn service. i come home and see my neighbor's yard and it is immaculate. mine on the other hand has been scalped in places, grass clippings remain on the walk ways and street - i could go on but you get the idea. turns out that i am paying 5 dollars less than my neighbor and the crew in their anger takes it out on the level of performance. turns out that i chose this service because of what i had seen next door. they contracted with me and i expected to be treated with the same level of service, courtesy etc. but i discover to my chagrin that they detest me for doing business with them. moral of the story - if you make a deal - keep it. integrity is priceless.
[post="278660"][/post]​
You answered your own question, you get what you pay for. On a full service airline they will interline your baggage, on SWA you are your own baggage handler if you go outside their network.

While being rude is offensive, if you ask someone a question and they answer no, what part of no should be taken as rude?

I consider rude those passengers that act like they are frequent fliers and then act like they checked their brains at the curb and lug their baggage on board, including beverage cups large enough to cause a major flood.

mwa said:
[post="278660"][/post]​

Well I agree with J7915 on this one.

I doubt that they are angry with you, they simply dont put forth the extra effort that they do for the higher paying customer. The fact is if you complained about the scalps and the clippings they might put forth the extra effort as they do next door, and tell you its $5 more. Most Landscapers have the same problems as the airlines-thin margins, the profits lie in volume. Quality costs extra. They probably only took you as a customer because the higher paying account brought them there but knowing that neighbors talk if your neighbor saw you getting the same effort for $5 less then he would demand the same. So either live with the scalps or cough up the $5.

j7915 said:
While being rude is offensive, if you ask someone a question and they answer no, what part of no should be taken as rude?

[post="278667"][/post]​

Perhaps we should ask ourselves "What would CR Smith do?"

There is an old story of a man waiting alone at a ticket counter that was manned by one agent. A phone rang several times at another station. The man at the counter mentioned to the agent "excuse me, your phone is ringing" . the agent replied, "That's not my phone". The man then reached over, answered the phone, and replied with answers to a question about schedule and arrivals. After hanging up, he introduced himself to the agent as CR, and pointed out ----well, you know.

Latest posts