F/A & Crew Safety and Annoyances

V

VAflyGal

Does anyone else out there think that it's a safety issue when...

1) The galley on the Airbus, particularly the 319, spews and spits water all over the forward galley on climb out? Every time I work the 19, water pours all over the galley counter and the galley floor by 1R. If you don't have a pile of paper towels against the closet wall, the water will seep down the aisle in first class, which, of course, is a vision of professionalism. I'm sure it mildews, but that's not my point. We can slip and fall on that slick mess, and, what if we had to evacuate after the flood? People would be breaking their ankles before their bottoms hit the slides. I'm sick and tired of mopping the floor each take off too.

2) Anyone else find it almost impossible to pull those bluish-purplish atlas sliding trays from the metal carriers? The other day I swear to heaven above I almost dislocated my shoulder trying to get the tray out of the carrier so our beloved passengers could have something to munch on. It's bad when you are trying to get them out when you retrieve napkins or other supplies. I have heard from another F/A that his friend is out on medical for wrecking his back after yanking one of those ill-fitting trays from the carrier. Anyone, anyone?

3) Bedbugs. What... The...Mother is the company and or the union doing about these blood sucking critters that continue to plague us as we try to get some sleep on our 10 hour overnights? Seriously. I swear to God if I ever get attacked by these things I am going to get a lawyer. This is absolutely unreal. Can anyone confirm or deny that the sofas in the DCA crew room were thrown out because of bedbug infestation? I know they are gone and only the leather recliners remain. OPR's beware...

Anyone? Anyone?

Yea, I noticed that there is a BIG gaping empty space where we used to have couches. Are they redecorating or what? I never go over there now since it seems to be the commuter and regional airline area. Don't they have their own crew room? And what the heck is up with these people using our check-in computer to read their mail? HELLO! The nerve of some commuters to GLARE at me when I say that I need to check in. Do they not see the other twenty available computers? Do not, I repeat, DO NOT use the check-in computers for your crap and give DCA crews the 'eye' when we seem to be in a hurry to check in. Why do you think everyone is hovering around your particular computer?

Yea, I noticed that there is a BIG gaping empty space where we used to have couches. Are they redecorating or what? I never go over there now since it seems to be the commuter and regional airline area. Don't they have their own crew room? And what the heck is up with these people using our check-in computer to read their mail? HELLO! The nerve of some commuters to GLARE at me when I say that I need to check in. Do they not see the other twenty available computers? Do not, I repeat, DO NOT use the check-in computers for your crap and give DCA crews the 'eye' when we seem to be in a hurry to check in. Why do you think everyone is hovering around your particular computer?

Which ones are the check-in computers? Is there signage? Next time I go downstairs to get on CATCREW I'll be sure to stay off the check-in computers.
I believe Republic has their own crew room. Just a reminder that PSA & Piedmont are wholly owned subsidiaries of the US Airways Group as is US Airways. And I believe they are some of the crews in that crew room.

Which ones are the check-in computers? Is there signage? Next time I go downstairs to get on CATCREW I'll be sure to stay off the check-in computers.
I believe Republic has their own crew room. Just a reminder that PSA & Piedmont are wholly owned subsidiaries of the US Airways Group as is US Airways. And I believe they are some of the crews in that crew room.

I think the only two you can check in on are the first one on the immediate right next to the printer and the first one on the immediate left past the trash can.
Air Whisky and Republic do have their own crew rooms but they still hang out in the crew room - which wouldn't be a problem if we had enough room when it's packed. I never see wholly owned people down there. (For the record I'm not an express loather - I used to be a f/a for one) -
Cheers.