F/A Hiring

skygirl

Feb 15, 2003
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
My niece just received a letter inviting her to an open house in EWR or IAH. Do you know how many f/a's are being hired and do your new hires usually start out being based in EWR? Thanks for any info that you might pass on.

As I understand it from friends who are f/as at CO, as a general rule, new hires go to EWR or CLE. That being said, a friend who started at CO 2 months after I started at AA got IAH straight out of training. So, who knows unless they state for which base they are hiring.

:oops: Totally wrong. All new hires are going to EWR domestic out of training. CLE is out of the question, don't even look there. Maybe in spring you might get International right out of training but I doubt it there is a long waiting list to get into International base.

:oops: Totally wrong. All new hires are going to EWR domestic out of training. CLE is out of the question, don't even look there. Maybe in spring you might get International right out of training but I doubt it there is a long waiting list to get into International base.

What's totally wrong? Did I or did I not say that as a "general" rule, new hires go to EWR or if not there CLE? As a matter of fact, my friend who got IAH straight out of training was told until more than halfway through training that he was going to EWR. Then IAH opened for new hires about 2 weeks before he graduated.

Situations change.

What's totally wrong? Did I or did I not say that as a "general" rule, new hires go to EWR or if not there CLE? As a matter of fact, my friend who got IAH straight out of training was told until more than halfway through training that he was going to EWR. Then IAH opened for new hires about 2 weeks before he graduated.

Situations change.

OK I'll put my money where my mouth is. Put in a tranfer for CLE and you tell me how long it took. Or if you know a new hire who wants to go there ask them how long it will take a new hire to get there. I have nothing else to say.

Starting pay NOW before new contract is $19.50
Domestic per diem is $1.85
International Per Diem is $2.50
Domestic Reserve in EWR may be approximately 7 years.
Guarantee hours is 83hrs.

But what will the starting pay be after ratification of the new CBA? As it was explained to me, all new hires after ratification are essentially on a C-scale, and will be making substantially less.

The contract highlights are available on-line. Do a search for IAM, Continental and Flight Attendants. But the pay for new hires after ratification will be $18/hr for the first year($1.50 less than reg. scale) , $20 for the 2nd year($2.78 less) and $22.50 for the third year(1.56 less).

Was told that EWR will be the place new hires would be at. Possible reserve of 2 years, CLE cannot be had but the reserve is 7 years there. Would be doing domestic, and foreign at any time, at the will of the schedulers.

Latest posts