Interviewing to be CAL F/A and Need Advice

For some reason, whenever I fly CO I always get tenured F/As. My most recent routes on CO have been IAH - PBI - IAH; IAH - FLL - IAH; PHX - IAH - FLL - IAH - PHX; PHX - EWR - BOS - CLE - PHX and IAH - EWR - BCN/ DUB - EWR - IAH; IAH - EWR - IAH .... not in chronological order but all in the past 12 months. I would say it's because IAH is such a senior base, but that doesn't explain EWR or CLE.

As a result, I haven't seen any of the younger F/As on board, and can't tell what they're looking for, so to speak.

Actually, they never told me the reason, I could just tell that the battle-axe got really brittle about the interview cancellation. Whatever. On another note, it is hard to see what they are looking for. There was a woman who got rejected who was super cute, lived in EWR, and spoke Hebrew and Portuguese. Go figure on that one. Also, there was nobody accepted that day that was either a current or former FA. There was a UAL FA there from DFW (said she was sick of commuting), and she was extremely nice and professional -- also rejected. The ones I noticed that were accepted were in their very early 20s and worked retail jobs.

I can' t tell what they are looking for either and I work here :unsure: . I flown with some real winners lately. Attitude problems, weird problems, and they are new hires :angry2: . And I bet you they have turn people down who really deserve to be on our team for little things. You know what keep your head up. I think I'm going to apply for a recruiting position. They probably won't let me because of my honest way of viewing things and my character, but I know I could do a very good job on picking up the right people. Good luck to al of you.

The recruiters are FA and are very caddy. The two asian b**ches think there **it dont stink. Not very friendly at the interview. I got and turned it down just because I dont wanna pay 1000.00 a month for a studio in the armpit of the world.

I can' t tell what they are looking for either and I work here :unsure: . I flown with some real winners lately. Attitude problems, weird problems, and they are new hires :angry2: . And I bet you they have turn people down who really deserve to be on our team for little things. You know what keep your head up. I think I'm going to apply for a recruiting position. They probably won't let me because of my honest way of viewing things and my character, but I know I could do a very good job on picking up the right people. Good luck to al of you.

YAY! Let me know if you become a recruiter!! :up:

The recruiters are FA and are very caddy. The two asian b**ches think there **it dont stink. Not very friendly at the interview. I got and turned it down just because I dont wanna pay 1000.00 a month for a studio in the armpit of the world.

I guess that would be Newark. But hey go across the Hudson to the hand of the world. But watch what you do, you might get the finger :lol:

Actually, they never told me the reason, I could just tell that the battle-axe got really brittle about the interview cancellation. Whatever. On another note, it is hard to see what they are looking for.

.........UHHHHHHH, possibly someone who can be.......DEPENDABLE.

couldnt resist.

:up:

.........UHHHHHHH, possibly someone who can be.......DEPENDABLE.
couldnt resist.

:up:

If someone cancels due to a death in the family, would CO consider this as a dependability issue? If that is the reason I did not get the job, then CO is not the place for me.

I am sorry, but your comment was a little insensitive given that you do not know the circumstances. :unsure:

If someone cancels due to a death in the family, would CO consider this as a dependability issue? If that is the reason I did not get the job, then CO is not the place for me.

I am sorry, but your comment was a little insensitive given that you do not know the circumstances. :unsure:

sky high states: YOU SAID, in a previous post: So, I did not get the job. They put me on the spot about canceling an interview in 2005! That was my last interview, too -- I had been there ALL DAY. So, that sucked, but the trip home was even worse.

No where in your post did you say, CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS, CONTINENTAL DIDNT CARE THAT I HAD TO ATTEND A FUNERAL. Sooooooooo, your last reply seems.........after the fact. Also, had I cancelled the interview, I would have written them about the circumstances and offered availiability at a later date. To Continental, they think you blew them off in 2005. And, technically, you did.

Wow,

In any event, what's done is done. Time to move forward.

Best of Luck!

Hey s :censored: t hits the fan sometimes, I think everyone should get the benefit of the doubt if a no show or cancelation occurs. Now if it a constant pattern, OFFFFF WITH THE HEAD :ninja: