Interviewing to be CAL F/A and Need Advice

To be fair, I never told them that I had a death in my family, but said that I was canceling due to a personal emergency. In the interview, the last thing to be discussed was the 2005 cancellation and asking why I canceled -- I told them that I had a personal family emergency. I did not feel it was their business to hear about a family death, although in hindsight, perhaps I should have been more specific. Regardless of the cancellation reason, the interviewer seemed miffed that I had canceled, but who knows? I was not going to play the death card as I really did not think it was any of their business, honestly. I was going to a group, cattle call like interview, not something one on one or final. And, I did cancel and not just no-show, so regardless of the cancellation reason, it should not matter.

Just my opinion on the situation.

I did not feel it was their business to hear about a family death, although in hindsight, perhaps I should have been more specific. Regardless of the cancellation reason, the interviewer seemed miffed that I had canceled, but who knows? I was not going to play the death card as I really did not think it was any of their business, honestly.

sky high states: sorry for your loss, but it IS their business. They have the right to drug test you, check into your past for criminal activity, check with your previous employers. you cancelled, and you should of given them the best possible reason why. Your interviewer was miffed, and you, as a flight attendant should of turned that around. <smile>

sorry it didnt work out.......it's hard to have your wings clipped.

Not to nit-pick, but I think the airlines, including CO are looking for people with a higher degree of naivate, so to speak.

Working for an airline nowa'days is rough work, and people who with a clue into the business are more apt turnover or actually read their union contract. That's why they go for young cashier's - the money is "good" and it might be fun!

Latest posts