F/A overage leaves are out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that if/when the transfer clause is eliminted, many who want to leave for home get that opportunity. LGA should be no problem. There are always openings there, however, DFW, MIA and anything on the West Coast is seeing no movement right now. Might be a while before those are open to transfers.

How is it that you Kirkpatrick are feeling the pinch more than anyone else? You stated that with your 30 yrs you have nothing to worry about. I don't see that as being pinched at all. I do understand that your base took a hit more than anywhere else. I've read several posts on this board where people refer to AA'ers as them and TWA'ers as us and visa versa. WE are all one airline now and our most junior Flight Attendants at AMERICAN AIRLINES are getting furloughed. Thats not a good thing for any of US. Whether your at IMA, STL, BOS or anywhere else I don't want to see people losing their jobs. Try to be patient with the cross training schedule. The company is hemorrhaging money right now and APFA and AA are trying to keep furloughs to a minimum. Out of the original 950 f/a's at STL now only 531 are planned and that number can be reduced with additional overage leaves in OCT. Thats APFA working for and with you my UNION brother!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/21/2002 7:39:31 AM kirkpatrick wrote:

On a personal level, with over 30 years I'm nowhere near being furloughed, but it still will have an effect on me. There are 100 falloffs to domestic for Oct, and will be more for Nov when LGW goes. These are senior people and will be bidding the 757's I'm now bidding. And I'll be pushed onto reserve for the first time in over 20 years. Worst of all for me is the delay in my return to NY.

MK

----------------
[/blockquote]

As far as being pushed back on reserve. I ask you to remember our fellow co-workers who would jump at the chance to remain employed even if it meant being on reserve.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/21/2002 1:05:30 PM MiAAmi wrote:

How is it that you Kirkpatrick are feeling the pinch more than anyone else?
----------------
[/blockquote]
You need to start reading more carefully. I'm talking about TWA employees, specifically FA's, not just myself.
[blockquote]
----------------
You stated that with your 30 yrs you have nothing to worry about.
----------------
[/blockquote]
No, I said I wasn't near being furloughed, at least not this round. I was simply pointing out that even those of us with 30 years are affected by this.
[blockquote]
----------------
I've read several posts on this board where people refer to AA'ers as them and TWA'ers as us and visa versa. WE are all one airline now and our most junior Flight Attendants at AMERICAN AIRLINES are getting furloughed.
----------------
[/blockquote]
No comment.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Status
Not open for further replies.