F/A Transfers Given then Taken Away!

STL vs The BIG APPLE......Hmmmmm.

That's funny, Bear! But I gotta tell you, if you ever come to STL. Please go to the "Hill". I used to go on Sunday mornings. As soon as you opened the car door you could smell the fresh baked bread and spaghetti sauce being cooked up by the old "Mama's" in the kitchen they had installed in their garage. The houses were tiny and immaculate, Gnomes, italian flags in the yard. A hoot!! Doors were opened and you were invited to sit and chat while she cooked. Fresh bread, bowl of sauce for dipping and "Papa" served up his home-made wine (cork and string). I left with Italian loaves of bread and Mama's sauce. Made my way to the bakery to pick up Amaretto biscotte. Church bells ringing. I'm sorry but I've had pizza in NYC, I hated it, my hubby (Jersey born) loves it. But it couldn't out do the "Hill" and it was like pulling teeth for him to admit it..lol. So go to one of the many 5 star restaurants there, Del Pietro's is my favorite. Really, you would love it there. Saint Louis is low-profile with many gems..and that is they way they like it. Hope you do, too. :D

No Mark, that is west of ICT.
I remember when you couldn't even take drink orders in FC on the ground in ICT and couldn't serve drinks after takeoff until the Capt. informed us we had crossed the state line. Kansas actually tried to pass a law that no plane could serve alcohol while overflying the state, even if the flight didn't originate there, but was unsuccessful.

Talk about the Dark Ages!

MK

I remember when you couldn't even take drink orders in FC on the ground in ICT and couldn't serve drinks after takeoff until the Capt. informed us we had crossed the state line. Kansas actually tried to pass a law that no plane could serve alcohol while overflying the state, even if the flight didn't originate there, but was unsuccessful.

Talk about the Dark Ages!

MK

This is a joke ..... right? Someone please tell me this is a joke.

No joke., Oklahoma tried to do the same thing,.

No joke., Oklahoma tried to do the same thing,.

Absolutely correct. No on ground liq service. Couldn't bresk the seals and couldn't serve between OKC and TUL. Almost as bad as London. And if I remember correctly there were several cities that you couldn't serve alcohol before a certain time on Sun.

The "good old days"....

Absolutely correct. No on ground liq service. Couldn't bresk the seals and couldn't serve between OKC and TUL. Almost as bad as London. And if I remember correctly there were several cities that you couldn't serve alcohol before a certain time on Sun.

The "good old days"....

There were also some cities (I believe in Texas...maybe AUS) where you could not serve alcoholic pre-departure drinks on Election Day while the polls were still open.

Good lord. To think that the people who come up with these laws are also allowed to breed unsupervised. Just makes me cringe.

Someone needs to call Darwin and notify him that the herd needs to be thined out.

There were also some cities (I believe in Texas...maybe AUS) where you could not serve alcoholic pre-departure drinks on Election Day while the polls were still open.

I had forgotten about Election Day. The bars used to be closed and the liquor stores, package stores, and groceries, couldn't sell while the polls were open. Not being a "purchaser", I don't know if that is still the rule. Don't want the voting public influenced by "the drink" lol. On second thought, maybe that IS whats wrong with the voting public.

My first trip working f/c (you worked cabin and galley) on a 727R (not the stretch), I had to serve eggs benedict, and yes we cooked them in-flight. I was so proud of myself, the eggs were perfect. Picture the layout. Canadian bacon, 6 o'clock, english muffin at 9, crossed asparagus at noon and eggs (with hollandaise) at 3 Somewhere in this mess was the home fries. lol I was straight out of Lexington Va, and knew grits and buckwheat cakes backwards and forwards but eggs benedict? My f/s pax was a lovely woman, who was able to hide the laughter everywhere but her eyes, and "taught" me ALL about eggs benedict. It is still my favorite today. By the way, that was served on STL-DEN.

I had forgotten about Election Day. The bars used to be closed and the liquor stores, package stores, and groceries, couldn't sell while the polls were open. Not being a "purchaser", I don't know if that is still the rule. Don't want the voting public influenced by "the drink" lol. On second thought, maybe that IS whats wrong with the voting public.

My first trip working f/c (you worked cabin and galley) on a 727R (not the stretch), I had to serve eggs benedict, and yes we cooked them in-flight. I was so proud of myself, the eggs were perfect. Picture the layout. Canadian bacon, 6 o'clock, english muffin at 9, crossed asparagus at noon and eggs (with hollandaise) at 3 Somewhere in this mess was the home fries. lol I was straight out of Lexington Va, and knew grits and buckwheat cakes backwards and forwards but eggs benedict? My f/s pax was a lovely woman, who was able to hide the laughter everywhere but her eyes, and "taught" me ALL about eggs benedict. It is still my favorite today. By the way, that was served on STL-DEN.

I love eggs benedict. The funny things we do as new-hires, which proves the point that we learn everything we need to know about the job AFTER we graduate from training.

Before there were carts on the 727, we had a snack service in First Class between mealtimes that, in markets where there was stiff competition, was quite elaborate.

You would open the tray carrier, and find a stack of snack trays; a stack of plates; a rack of wine glasses; a rack of coffee cups; 2 large trays of sandwiches; a tray of Godiva chocolates; and a stack of linen roll-ups. Even on the 46 minute LGA to YYZ flight, we were required, in First Class, to serve two rounds of drinks (12 passengers); put all of the components together to make 12 snack tray setups (no pre-set trays...we had to do it ourselves); deliver the trays; offer and re-offer sandwiches; refill drinks; serve coffee; and serve the Godivas. Of course, there were also hot towels before the service.

And we had to serve the cockpit sometime during the 46 minutes, too.

We did it, and we did it well. We struggled out of our jumpseats as soon as the wheels left the ground. Not fun, for sure, but we did it.

On the same routes today, these new kids are well into their second People magazine article about Britney or Lindsay Lohan before they even think about getting up.

I had forgotten about Election Day. The bars used to be closed and the liquor stores, package stores, and groceries, couldn't sell while the polls were open. Not being a "purchaser", I don't know if that is still the rule. Don't want the voting public influenced by "the drink" lol.

I thought it was intended to keep guys like Ted Kennedy out on the campaign trail until the last possible moment...

My first trip working f/c (you worked cabin and galley) on a 727R (not the stretch), I had to serve eggs benedict, and yes we cooked them in-flight.
Don't forget that during this whole thing you were bumping butts with the coach galley person who was working about three feet behind you serving hot breakfast in the back.

Back