Transfer Update

lgwcalling

Advanced
Jan 1, 2007
Below is an E-Line from the PIT LECP. I have highlighted the portion on recalling or displacing.

If it came to this, wouldn't it be more cost effective to recall versus displacing? Are not moving expenses associated with displacements?

Any other thoughts/opinions?

PIT Transfer Update

The recent significant openings in PHL, BOS and LGA certainly suggest displacements out of PIT may become a reality. Although there is no official word and I have not been informed of any displacements, I am sure this will be determined after the final results of the transfers are reviewed. For those of you contemplating transferring, I want to provide you with the information I have received at this time. Transfers close on March 8th at noon. Currently, system wide, there is a total of 83 requests for transfers to PHL. The requests breakdown is as follows, 11 are from BOS, 15 from CLT, 27 from DCA, 17 from LGA, and 14 from PIT. There is 1 request to LGA from PIT and there is a total of 13 potential transfers from PIT to PHL at this time for a total of 14 transfers from PIT. The amount of transfers can increase or decrease as potential transferees are able to rescind their request until closing on March 8th. The large amount of potential transfers to PHL from all the bases will create greater shortages in BOS and LGA and potentially DCA. This shortage can only be resolved by recalling furloughed flight attendants or by displacing flight attendants. which will create some "bumping" throughout the system.

We are a very senior group in PIT and should any displacements occur, our most junior reserve will be a primary or secondary line holder in any domicile he/she chooses.

In unity,

Mark Gentile
LECP - Council 40

Latest posts