F100''s to STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiAAmi

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Checking Sabre after DEC 15. See some F100''s in STL. STL-MSP. STL-DTW. and STL-SDF. The flight numbers to MSP start in the 2500 range which I thought were all LLC flight numbers. Could it be that LLC''ers will get training on the F-100''s? or have they stopped using 2500 and up for LLC flights?

It could be that 2000 flight numbers are more for things into and out of STL. I know flights to LAX from DFW are mostly 2000 numbers.

From what I have read, STL transition training will only include 757, 767, and S80s

First of all I never said anything about pilots being trained on anything. Believe it or not there are more people working on an aircraft besides our fearless cockpit buddies. You know the nameless faces of the people that shove your grub up to you. Yes they are called Flight Attendants. And a few of us read theses posts. It is possible that they may cross train a few F/A's for these flights.

----------------
On 9/1/2002 5:57:32 PM

Checking Sabre after DEC 15. See some F100's in STL. STL-MSP. STL-DTW. and STL-SDF. The flight numbers to MSP start in the 2500 range which I thought were all LLC flight numbers. Could it be that LLC'ers will get training on the F-100's? or have they stopped using 2500 and up for LLC flights?
----------------

Okay MiAAmi,

According to Supplement CC and the Greenbook rules for pilots,
there are no reserved Captain slots on the F100 for the TWA pilots. So any flying of the F100 in STL could very well be a hub connection by another base flying. Without a sequence number for those flights, it will not be possible to tell which base is doing the flying. If AMR starts basing the F100 out of STL, it would constitute a new four-part bid status, and all the Greenbook rules for the pilots would apply. That is, system-wide seniority would take preference and the bidding would be open to any pilot in the whole AA system. Any TWA pilots bidding Captain there would still be constrained by the narrow body 30% rule which sets as a maximum and a minimum the number of NB Captains allowed in STL for the TWA pilots relative to the combined DFW and ORD numbers.

Besides with the F100 due to be retired starting in the spring of 2003, it makes no sense for AMR to start a new round of training on an aircraft that is being phased out. I would expect therefore, that the F100 flying will be done by the DFW and ORD bases. As to flight numbers, we used to use up to 2999 at AA. I don't know what the current rule is. I do know that they can change the rule as much as they like though. So just looking at the number may not be the best indication who will be doing the flying.

I think more than likely these will be trips that originate in DFW or ORD and head to outstations and then to STL. TWA LLC is prohibited from introducing new eqipment types into their fleet, and AA is only transitioning 20 TWA people with the next class occuring in the early spring and the f100 is not part of that training, and even if it were they would need more than 20 people to sustain a line of f100 flying. BTW I'm talking about the stews, AKA grub pushers

[:bigsmile:]

The APFA/AA intergration agreement states. No new fleet types may be entered into service in the TWA-LLC Operation. Aircraft may be replaced in TWA-LLC on a one-for-one basis with any other aircraft type in the TWA-LLC fleet (e.g., a B717 can be replaced with a B757).

Nothing new to see AA metal in STL. They started a few flights over the summer with AA metal. And with the retirement of the LLC 767's, we will see AA 767's replacing them. I guess my real question is how will we be able to spot a LLC flight number versus a AA flight number. Prior to now all LLC flight numbers started at 2500.

----------------
On 9/1/2002 11:08:54 PM

Keep in mind the F100's time is near an end. As they come up for their major overhauls, they will be parked.
----------------

true, but the last ones are here until 2005 and AA has already pulled them out of CVG and GSO so for the time being these planes still need to be utilized somewhere

Keep in mind the F100's time is near an end. As they come up for their major overhauls, they will be parked.

----------------
On 9/2/2002 6:59:42 PM

I'm not 100% sure but if memory serves me right, I think they all were grounded sometime around June.
----------------

Correct. All were out of service by 1 July.

Status
Not open for further replies.