FA Furloughs question

bucket

Jan 6, 2006
I have a few question about tyhe furloughs for the EMB flight attendants. When will the last FA be furloughed? When does USAir fly the last plane? Is there any sort of ceremony or anything when the last flight leaves? What happens to those FAs... do they get first priority for recall or anything? Why did USAir even do this and why did AFA let them? Wernt the EMB crews already paid like Express anyway? What has the "new US" said about the whole EMB thing? Was it thier idea or the old US? It's just so sad.

I heard the Republic Express or whoever scabbed out the mainline crews don't even have buy on board or pillows and blankets on those flights, even to Texas and that the planes are dirty and falling apart now. The Mid-A F/As were so classy, they always looked so sharp and did more service than the rest of the mainline did., the planes were so clean and comfortable! Has anyone flown on Republic-- arent the mainline people pissed when they fly on them or do they think it's still Mid-A?

You are correct in bringing to issue the great job MDA crews did in operating THAT division. I refer to it in that respect because even though MDA people were displaced from the Mainline, many employees treated them like they were lepers.....very sad indeed. Many "Mainline" employees never knew Who THEY were, nor did they care. When MDA was sold down the river the Unions allowed them to do it. Many employees really don't understand the relationship between Mainline and Regional/Express and the whole concept that WE are All part of The Group.

If the company plans on receiving the 190s, I heard they will keep one 170 on the property to avoid having to do the proving runs etc. Any truth to this?

Pillows? Blankets? Even MDA is hard pressed to see those items onboard the aircrafts.

Recalls, ahhh what a beautiful word! LOL, there has been no change in how recalls are performed, regardless of if you worked the 170s or not.

If the company plans on receiving the 190s, I heard they will keep one 170 on the property to avoid having to do the proving runs etc. Any truth to this?

Pillows? Blankets? Even MDA is hard pressed to see those items onboard the aircrafts.

Recalls, ahhh what a beautiful word! LOL, there has been no change in how recalls are performed, regardless of if you worked the 170s or not.
Just was told yesterday by a mechanic at the 170 division, that the 190's are coming March/April and yes they need to keep the 170 until then or they will have to do it all over again(proving runs,training etc..)

I would also like to add that I to think it is just horrible what the union an the company has done to all the employees at the emb-division. I just still can not beleive that the f/a's at mainline did not put up a fuss. They were purposly not informed of what is going on probably for that reason. Because if they all knew that they should have been flying these planes and more of them would have blocks...they would be pissed. All those senior f/a's that are now on reserve...they would not be on reserve if they all knew that the emb-division is and always was mainline Usairways.

Funny how the are coming and none of have been purchased or leased.

Just another rumor.

The new US has not ordered any planes.

Show me the press release or the SEC filing where US bought the 190s from Embraer.

If they were purchased it would be announced.

I heard the Republic Express or whoever scabbed out the mainline crews don't even have buy on board or pillows and blankets on those flights, even to Texas and that the planes are dirty and falling apart now. The Mid-A F/As were so classy, they always looked so sharp and did more service than the rest of the mainline did., the planes were so clean and comfortable! Has anyone flown on Republic-- arent the mainline people pissed when they fly on them or do they think it's still Mid-A?

The MDA flight attendants were/are the best, and the planes are fantastic. US couldn't stand to have an operation that actually kicked butt, so they went and screwed everything up as best they could, employees and customers and commonality be damned.

As for Republic, it doesn't surprise me that their operation sucks, but I really wouldn't know, since I refuse to ever step foot on one of their aircraft, regardless of the lengths I might have to go to in order to avoid them.

The MDA flight attendants were/are the best, and the planes are fantastic. US couldn't stand to have an operation that actually kicked butt, so they went and screwed everything up as best they could, employees and customers and commonality be damned.

As for Republic, it doesn't surprise me that their operation sucks, but I really wouldn't know, since I refuse to ever step foot on one of their aircraft, regardless of the lengths I might have to go to in order to avoid them.

I couldn't agree with your post more, ringmarfuf! Management & ALPA will get their day in court for the crimes they have committed against all the employees of MDA, be they new, or from Mainline. A tragedy and a shame...what disgust.

Im sure thats appreciated ringamurf... maybe if more customers put thier foot down at outsourced labor with Republic and the philipine res agents USair would stop ruining thier employees lives.

Same thing is about to happen to Northwest flight attendants, and they are using MidAtlantic as an example of how thier new subsidiary will work. Let's hope the MW F/As don't drop the ball like the US ones did and outsouce thier own job to crap cheap labor.