Fa Maa V Mainline ?

Furloughd4now

Veteran
Feb 21, 2004
Look up, there I am!
Bsed on what I've read in the posts regarding the "potential" mass exodus of FAs and (even slimmer) potential of recalls of involuntaries. My questions here is this:

I permanently passed on MAA. I get recalled to mainline. Is there any opporutnity to get onto MAA if the opportunity arises?

For instance, let's say they do another involuntary, can we try to get to MAA? Or, are we stuck with what we've chosen get laid off again, etc.

As I type this, it begins to sound even more complicated. I just don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

Thanks for your input

Fly Safe! :up:

Furloughed4now,

I believe once you select a permanent pass, that's it. You don't have a slot available to go into MAA.

MAABoss said:
Furloughed4now,

I believe once you select a permanent pass, that's it. You don't have a slot available to go into MAA.
[post="197273"][/post]​

I understand that. However, I get called back to mainline ,,,,, that's the scenario

I can tell you if they offer that $8,000 VSIP with unemployment there won't be an INVOL furlough. So many people will leave it will make your head spin. The company already said it may have to "stager the leaves" for retraining replacements.
But to your question.....I think it would be a whole new bid in that case but I am not sure. PITBull might know.

USAirboy,

You are correct. There would be a mass exodus, however, if the company takes the rest of the provisions and bottoms them out to the lowest of the LCC, which I believe they are planning to do....

There will be NO ratification, regardless of the furlough package.

As far as the permanent pass. It remains a permanent pass.

U Management can't wait to hire of the street. We had to negotiate a place for the furloughees, it came with resistance from management. They wanted the furloughees to reapply and be considered newly hired.

Knowing that, they won't change. The want 13.01 wage earners.

Latest posts