FA ? RE: passing MAA & recall US West potential

Furloughd4now

Veteran
Feb 21, 2004
Look up, there I am!
Hey ... I am invol FAA and passed the MAA recall (in retrospect lucky me). I did a permanent pass on MAA.

we all know the 'potential' exists for furloughs to be called to US West (always an optimist ;-)

My question is being that I permanently passed on MAA, does this preclude me from being able to accept the US West recall ... I realize they may not get to me, but then again. ;)

Thanks for your input .. Fly Safe!

Hey ... I am invol FAA and passed the MAA recall (in retrospect lucky me). I did a permanent pass on MAA.

we all know the 'potential' exists for furloughs to be called to US West (always an optimist ;-)

My question is being that I permanently passed on MAA, does this preclude me from being able to accept the US West recall ... I realize they may not get to me, but then again. ;)

They would just go down the invol list from my understanding, be careful though, I am no psychic but I can already see this in MY Crystal ball, Alot of people will take the phoenix recall and they aren't going to peep a word of a recall to the east, after the people are in the west - they will do a recall in the east, the rumors have already been going around that it will be the 2nd half of 06, so if you have a life on the east coast, It might benefit you to wait for a couple of months, I guess alot of SM's (senior mommas) are retiring and alot are just quitting - which i suspect you will see alot of in the next couple of years because we all know we have alot SM's and they will begin to dwindle - Man if I were them I would want to retire and enjoy the days off ( kinda hard though when you aren't getting the pension).. just my thought - I can already see alot of the MDA f/as take the PHX deal and then a recall go to LGA or BOS and they will not be able to do it and be stuck at the bottom of AWA on a tag reserve system almost impossoble to commute - its not going to be pretty folks... were you hired in 2001? i will bet you will get to go if you want...

Dear Furloughed,

I'm not an "expert" but I don't believe the fact that you passed on MAA has any affect on your eligibility to be called back to mainline, (east or west or whatever). The way I understand it, status of invols is we are eligible indefinitely to come back. I'm an optimist too, and I hope we get called! :up:
Take care...
2out

Nope!! That was a totally separate recall.

First of all thanks for all's input. I am from 01-01-01 (so much for being number one, we were the first to go LOL!) I'm glad to hear that this would be a separate issue.

Alot of people will take the phoenix recall and they aren't going to peep a word of a recall to the east, after the people are in the west - they will do a recall in the east, the rumors have already been going around that it will be the 2nd half of 06,

West has people on furlough? That's news to me. The only thing I'm aware of is they have people in wait for new-hire training. If they have furloughs why are we even discussing this ... it's moot; they must bring their own people back first. Can someone clarify this as well? In addition, they can't not 'peep a word' ... this is still a union.

I also tend to disagree with "so many" taking to the idea of moving several thousand miles away or worse yet, commuting from PHX. That's almost as fun as Denver. I can see some MAA people doing it (bless you all, you've been through soo much!)

I'm OK with 2nd half of 06 ... actually works perfect for me :up: my lease is up in June :up:

Sorry for the long post :unsure:
Thanks again and i'd love to hear more views!!

Dear Furloughed,

I'm not an "expert" but I don't believe the fact that you passed on MAA has any affect on your eligibility to be called back to mainline, (east or west or whatever). The way I understand it, status of invols is we are eligible indefinitely to come back. I'm an optimist too, and I hope we get called! :up:
Take care...
2out

You are correct. The invols could be recalled on the East or West, permanent pass on MAA has no bearing on recall status. Whether Invols worked at MAA or somewhere else they are on "furlough status" with USAirways and in accordance with Section 19.

To my knowledge, no West f/as are on furlough. The company could have a need in the future to cover attrition from both East and West and could (if negotiated)use the INVOL list to recall on either side, and eventually the VF list and VFLR list.

West has people on furlough? That's news to me. The only thing I'm aware of is they have people in wait for new-hire training. If they have furloughs why are we even discussing this ... it's moot; they must bring their own people back first. Can someone clarify this as well? In addition, they can't not 'peep a word' ... this is still a union.

No furloughs in the West for anyone.

Well I know that West was hiring and had people waiting for training when they abruptly stopped due to merger announcment.

So If I am not mistaken West is short. Any U West people here that can quantify this? Are your Rsv's exhausted yet ? :down:

I didn't think U West had furloughs.

So If I am not mistaken West is short. Any U West people here that can quantify this? Are your Rsv's exhausted yet ?
I didn't think U West had furloughs.

Management has indicated that west is understaffed by about 200 FAs or so.

And gossip has it has it that several west FAs have quit this month with others soon leaving for WN and a few for UA.

Management has indicated that west is understaffed by about 200 FAs or so.

And gossip has it has it that several west FAs have quit this month with others soon leaving for WN and a few for UA.
I was told they were short 275. this came from someone who actually is involved with merging the policy procedures..ect...so I trust they are more than 100% sure. I also heard a RUMOR that there may be a call back..to both sides..early 2006.(furloughed f/a) :up:

As a further note, you can PASS a recall to the East as many times as needed. By that I mean, you can pass until there are no more junior flight attendants left on furlough to you. At that point, you must come back or resign. People are under the impression that you only have 2 chances at a recall, but that is incorrect. Since the West would be to AWA, you don't have to accept that either.

I was told they were short 275. this came from someone who actually is involved with merging the policy procedures..ect...so I trust they are more than 100% sure. I also heard a RUMOR that there may be a call back..to both sides..early 2006.(furloughed f/a) :up:
So does anyone know what is going on with the possible recall to West? I know both sides walked out and no other talks were scheduled. I know the West is in some kind of negotiations this week but not sure if that could lead to anything or not. If they are short 275 then I would think that they would have to do something pretty soon. If anyone has the inside scoop can you please share?

West has people on furlough? That's news to me. The only thing I'm aware of is they have people in wait for new-hire training. If they have furloughs why are we even discussing this ...

I think you misunderstood... or maybe i wasn't that clear, anywho, what i meant was if you are on furlugh on the east coast, and they recall you to PHX, in march lets say, and invols go to the west, then they turn around and do a recall in the east in august or sept., the invols in the west coast (us east invols) will be pi**ed, for not making them aware of a possible recall to the east coast!!

West has people on furlough? That's news to me. The only thing I'm aware of is they have people in wait for new-hire training. If they have furloughs why are we even discussing this ...
I think you misunderstood... or maybe i wasn't that clear, anywho, what i meant was if you are on furlugh on the east coast, and they recall you to PHX, in march lets say, and invols go to the west, then they turn around and do a recall in the east in august or sept., the invols in the west coast (us east invols) will be pi**ed, for not making them aware of a possible recall to the east coast!!
Sorry, the question was about the East furloughs, West does not have anyone on furlough. There were those new-hires that were supposed to start training at West but technically they never completed training so actually they were not furloughed.

Latest posts