Letter From Ual Fa To Her Ceo

usfliboi said:
700UW said:
Do you need to be sent for a drug test?

Terminating ALPA pension

Stealing the Airbus work

Violating Voluntary Furlough Contract Language

If that is not screwing the employees then what is?
I call it making sure you have a company to work for !!!! Bk couldve been alot worse and you would be saying the same thing. My view is he shouldve done more but you wouldnt have been any happier in or out of bk. I dont think for one moment that Dave says lets screw these people. I think he obviously runs by the creed of saying The needs of the many out way the needs and wants of the few. Do I like the cuts NO !!!!!!!! But from a buisness stand point these things effect whether we stay alive or not. Many people at our company need a job. They need the security. You may not like the tactics he has using, but they are working slowly but surely. To use words like steal cheat lie are all designed to have an impact . To radically impact the views of some and inflame. Look around 700 were not alone here. You may not care whether this company survives or not but the many i talk to ( although not too happy) want it to survive and still supoort Dave!
you know , i must say.....when and if the IAM comes around and i am skeptical in this.
they voted down in bk with much success....however the fence riders who whined,sniveled and cryed convinced dave they were plighted and got there sacred revote......there is now a bitter taste from those actions and the realities of what they've gotten for their revote.....
i don't see IAM opening their contract for further raping,pilaging and plundering.
dave's crusade may be over with them.

delldude said:
i don't see IAM opening their contract for further raping,pilaging and plundering.
I said the same thing until I saw Roach on TV saying he needs to hear what they have to say. I have no idea why he needs to hear anything, I would think a educated guess would work.

Hmmmm, look at the post time stamps of the OP. Eleven minutes elapsed between the time of the first post (by a newbie!) and then two quick supporting posts by yet another newbie.

Is it even possible to read, register and post that quickly? I smell a set-up.

Nevertheless, an interesting letter but one that can be found on hundreds of other sites by thousands of disgruntled employees.

Yes the f/a is to be commended for his/her dedication but to compare industry conditions in a regulated era with the current environment is akin to comparing apples to oranges.

Nobody was complaining when airfares were artificially high. Again, airline employees' crying about (among other things) uncomfortable 'free flying' passes doesn't win sympathy from the poor dumb schmucks known as customers who have been paying thru the nose for airfares for decades just to support high wages.

I'm sorry for the economic hardship you all suffer now.

But do airline employees shop at WalMart, buy a foreign brand automobile or (god forbid) trade stocks for personal profit?

This is called the free market. Choice.

Good luck!

cavalier said:
delldude said:
I said the same thing until I saw Roach on TV saying he needs to hear what they have to say. I have no idea why he needs to hear anything, I would think a educated guess would work.
Just spoke with JoeT, Robert Roach's communication person.

Robert told Cox News Service that the IAM has provided ideas to the company that could save them $100 million a year in cost savings that would NOT have to do anything with opening the contract.

They gave the company ideas for the Airbus issues, the problems in PHL and numerous other ideas.

Robert stressed during the interview, that our contract is not open for concessions at all.

Robert told them the IAM would sit down and discuss the ideas we have presented to the company for cost savings that have fallen on deaf ears.

No contract concession, no opening of contracts.

From District Lodge 141M:
February 26, 2004

US AIRWAYS IAM MEMBERS OF DISTRICT LODGE 141-M

Today Thursday February 26th, I read with interest CEO David Siegel’s comments to Aviation Daily.

Siegel is quoted “making good progress†with the carrier’s labor groups.

Siegel is also quoted that he believes management is entering a “constructive phase†in its labor talks after both sides “vented†frustrations.

I am confused. Siegel would have us believe that talks have been on going with all the labor groups on US Airways. Once again, Dave has it wrong. There have been NO meetings with the IAM concerning further concessions.

Siegel also said, “we have no choice but to rally togetherâ€. I assume he means that the employees should rally around the flag to once again reach into our pockets and pay for his mismanagement of our past generosity.

I guess he is suggesting that there is some spirit of cooperation within the employee groups and we are all eager to make further concessions to help him further mismanage US Airways.

Do I have to remind you how David choose to spend many of the dollars that we contributed to his management team in order for the carrier to exit bankruptcy? I probably don’t but I will any way. He has spent money for attorneys in an attempt to violate our contract by farming out Airbus heavy maintenance. Remember, these are attorneys paid for by our own dollars.

That fight continues to this day.

His management team has spurned every suggestion from the IAM on ways the carrier can improve operations and methods on every day procedures that would save millions of dollars a year. You workers know exactly what I am talking about.

I guess a word about labor relations should also be addressed. You would think that a company that’s very survival hinges on it’s employees moral might work a little harder to earn the goodwill of it’s employees. Instead simple grievances are being denied continually and District 141-M is forced to arbitration, which is costly, frustrating and time consuming. Is this any way to win friends and influence people? I think not.

I don’t know what the other US Airways labor groups are doing but I do know that if David Siegel expects meaningful discussions with District 141-M of the IAM, then he and his team better start showing a change of attitude or he may find himself the awkward teenager at the school dance going home disappointed and lonely.

Sincerely and fraternally,

Scotty Ford
President/Directing General Chairman

For our Ramp Brothers and Sisters:

February 23, 2003

Response from Randy Canale to Doug McKeen

Doug McKeen
Vice President Labor Relations
US Airways
2345 Crystal Dr.
Arlington, VA. 22227

Dear Mr. McKeen:

This is in response to your e-mail request to meet with District Lodge 141 on Thursday, February 26, 2004 at USA Headquarters, and our telephone discussion of February 20, 2004.

We have declined to respond to the Company’s directive (I use their term because the date and time were arbitrarily established by the Company and not by mutual agreement) as we can see no purpose being served.

We do not share the root cause of the Company’s continued struggles, and it has been made abundantly clear by the Officers of the Company you do not share our views. Our members have made a huge investment in their Airline, both in sweat equity and wage investments, ($240 million per year, for six years by the IAM).

We have seen our efforts/investments squandered by poor management of the Carrier. Starting at the top with CEO Seigel and working its way down to the front line supervisors.

District 141 on a number of occasions has initiated meetings with Corporate Officers, Management and a member of the Board of Directors (not the IAM member of the Board.) We have also held joint meetings with District 141-M of the IAM and Corporate Management. The purpose of those meetings was to provide the Company with millions of dollars in savings just by improvements in the operation of the Airline. These meetings have been to no avail with the Company. No interest was expressed by the Company and the response has been to declare war on the very heart of the “franchiseâ€￾, its employees.

Our members have seen their once proud Airline run into the ground (operationally and Customer service wise) by a total inept level of management, not seen since People’s Express/Eastern Airlines and we know what happened to those Airlines. This is only underscored by an example experienced by our members in Philadelphia. USA passengers chanting, Southwest! Southwest! Southwest!, as they wait and wait for their bags to arrive, due in no way to Fleet Service, I might add. If staffing levels were appropriate, these types of problems would not exist.

Our members are frustrated by poor management of the airline operation, disillusioned/ dismayed by a management that doesn’t respond to real help and savings, angered by a waste of their money and being targeted as the problem.

You can whine about low-cost competition, but Southwest is the most union organized domestic airline (including the highest wages), but what you refuse to see or acknowledge is a superior management and operation, achieved with their employees.

This management has been given the tools and opportunity, and has failed miserably, and ignores/refuses help from its own employees.

We have no intention of giving this Management anymore than valuable advice. With the current Corporate Officers, our members could pay to work at the carrier, and this Management would find a way to lose.

We could turn this “franchiseâ€￾ around, both in profitability and operationally if there was a sincere effort to commit together.

When there is a management in place to do so, we will be first in line to make it happen.

Sincerely,

S.R. (Randy) Canale
President & Directing General Chairperson
District 141

Latest posts