Letter From Ual Fa To Her Ceo

airbiiguy said:
I wish someone from U rank and file had the guts to send dave a letter like that.
I remember when Dave Siegel came aboard with the first round, some F/A did indeed write a letter like it to him. We all see what kind of influence that had on his big heart

Dea- you make a lot of sense, thanks for your input. I totally agree. But, unfortunately for all of us, morale is not going to get any better in light of what is facing us with the company wanting another 25% cut. I really don't think management can say or so anything at this point to UP the morale. How can we conceivably bring on a HAPPY face when the inevitable is upon us. Unfortunately, our passengers will suffer, because no one is really going to Care anymore. And why should we care, struggle, and get ulcers, when Mangement is once again putting the Screws to All of us. :(

I wish I could reach out and give Her a big hug! An incredibly well written letter that really gets to the point! I am totaly overwhelmed with her proper presentations of issues. Wish I had the talent to do that!

As for USFlyBoy's analysis .. he has sunken to the bottom of the ladder IMHO, showing clearly he is .... well I cannot say for sure, but I am having some reservations about what his actual job description is. If he has a problem with this Dear persons' letter to UAL ... I have a problem with his posts!

"nuf said ... I am sure I am going to get some very severe incoming!

2BorNot2B said:
"nuf said ... I am sure I am going to get some very severe incoming!
Not from this guy you won't, you are only being truthful and very kind in doing so. Some of these posters obviously have an agenda hidden behind a falsely innocent facade.

It doesn't take a genius to see who's who, your perception is accurate.

Kt,

We put on a happy face and do our jobs to the best of our abilites because we are professionals. I'm proud of the people I work with, lately it seems most of our employees are taking extra care to not let the situation of the company get in the way of delivering our product.

Remember what PineyBob said about the movie on his late flight? Well, it seems to me that those employees took a positive step to amend a problem. It showed they cared that our customers had been inconvenienced and were willing to do what they could to make it better. It was probably the only thing they had to offer. Everyone could enjoy it.

They could have just done the bare minimum and groused to each other about it. But they didn't. They chose to be pro-active! They realized our customers are the only reason we have to be here. They are the hand that feeds us!

Dea

usfliboi said:
Actually this letter yet again proves this isnt a problem that just Us faces. It also proves the "misguided anger" towards Dave !
If Dave is not to blame - who is to blame?

Why not blame the employees of low cost carriers? I have been mad at a lot of people over the last year but I have come to the realization that the reason why people are flying on LCC carriers is because the LCCs have low fares. Low fares at these carriers are possible becuase of lower costs. The lower costs are primarily driven by new employees at these carriers working at the bottom of the scale with efficient work rules. There's less of them required to accomplish the same job and they work for less. They are the problem.

Think of US being over weight from eating too many fast food burgers. It's like the doctor telling you that you have the potential for a heart attack and dying if you don't loose weight quick. Do you diet, exercise and loose weight or blame the doctor for telling you the bad news while continuing to eat at McDonalds? The answer is you get into shape and lose weight cause the doc is right.

I have come to peace with the fact Dave is just the messenger, but I don't like the message. In fact, I really like Big Macs with super-sized fries. And a hot apple pie and regular coke rather than diet coke cause it's sweeter. And those Wendy's square burgers are yummy too.

So diet, get in shape and keep living? Or keep eating the burgers and start counting the days? Comprimise? How about a veggie burger hold the mayo?

I stand and applaude her! If she could be cloned, damn, what an airline that would be. My aunt retired from UAL about 2 years ago and she mentioned how the times had changed from the 60's to current and how management had changed even more.
I respect and admire that lady! She took a stand and wasn't shy about her sincere care for the company she loves! WAY TO GO!

ktflyhome said:
Dea- you make a lot of sense, thanks for your input. I totally agree. But, unfortunately for all of us, morale is not going to get any better in light of what is facing us with the company wanting another 25% cut. I really don't think management can say or so anything at this point to UP the morale. How can we conceivably bring on a HAPPY face when the inevitable is upon us. Unfortunately, our passengers will suffer, because no one is really going to Care anymore. And why should we care, struggle, and get ulcers, when Mangement is once again putting the Screws to All of us. :(
Lucid huh? Why is it that you see management putting the screws too us? I dont feel that way nor does alot of people. Your gonna fault a guy who is trying to coreect all the mistakes of the past?????????? Its a given that some wont like him simply because he is doing what shouldve been done a long time ago. Im not a Dave cheerleader just my point of view. If the problems had been fixed a long time ago we wouldnt be in this mess today. If you choose to go out and give bad service because your morale is low too bad... I for one wont do that !

usfliboi said:
Why is it that you see management putting the screws too us? I dont feel that way nor does alot of people.
Do you need to be sent for a drug test?

Terminating ALPA pension

Stealing the Airbus work

Violating Voluntary Furlough Contract Language

If that is not screwing the employees then what is?

700UW said:
Do you need to be sent for a drug test?

Terminating ALPA pension

Stealing the Airbus work

Violating Voluntary Furlough Contract Language

If that is not screwing the employees then what is?
I call it making sure you have a company to work for !!!! Bk couldve been alot worse and you would be saying the same thing. My view is he shouldve done more but you wouldnt have been any happier in or out of bk. I dont think for one moment that Dave says lets screw these people. I think he obviously runs by the creed of saying The needs of the many out way the needs and wants of the few. Do I like the cuts NO !!!!!!!! But from a buisness stand point these things effect whether we stay alive or not. Many people at our company need a job. They need the security. You may not like the tactics he has using, but they are working slowly but surely. To use words like steal cheat lie are all designed to have an impact . To radically impact the views of some and inflame. Look around 700 were not alone here. You may not care whether this company survives or not but the many i talk to ( although not too happy) want it to survive and still supoort Dave!

I would tell you what I really think of you but the moderators would not like it.

They STOLE MY AIRBUS WORK, PLAIN and SIMPLE.

You are more and more like Chip everyday, don't let the facts get in your way.

They violate every single labor agreement on the property and you say it is ok, you are a what PT Barnum spoke about.

Let the company pay you 1 cent an hour per flight and see how fast you whine and cry.

Time to get your cranium out of your anal cavity and see what is going on.

The ends do not justify the means when it comes to the Dave and his criminal cohorts!

And I was at a closed door meeting where the company told us before the second vote on the first round you need to vote yes to secure your scope language. They showed us the plans, charts, dates and how many planes and employees that the Tampa Hangar would gain when the S-checks came due in August of 2003 the first plane was bringing brought in early to work.

Company shuts the hangar down in the middle of the night and farms out the airbii work.

LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES.

I can go on for ever but you are too dense to realize what has happened and how many times Dave and his criminal cohorts have lied, stolen and cheated the hard working employees of this company.

Latest posts