Fa Question

evprincess

Mar 15, 2004
Hi jB F/A's

I just had a couple of questions about reserve.

How long is reserve?

How many days off will there be?

What is the minimum pay guarantee?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

evprincess said:
Hi jB F/A's

I just had a couple of questions about reserve.

How long is reserve?

How many days off will there be?

What is the minimum pay guarantee?

Thanks in advance!!!!!
evprincess ..

reserve is anywhere between 2-9 months (it changes per class), youre guaranteed 10 days off a month, and minimum pay guarantee is 70 hours regular pay, 5 hours over time (equaling 75hours).

when you become a line holder, 70 hours is minimum that you can work or they assign you a trip.

Hi, I have a question to add to the previous ones listed. I heard that jet Blue cabin crews sign a four year contract? Is that true? If so, is this contract renewable?
Also, I was told by a jBlue girl who quit and went to another carrier that pilots at JBlue get laptops but not fas.She also complained that even though pilots were supposed to help fas clean the ac at outstations, many of them dont. I don't mind that part. I work for AE now and none of the pilots I've flown with ever helped with cleaning. I just don't expect it, but I could also understand her viewing of these two points as being unfair.
Thanks for any help and info you guys can give me.
Czerny

I don't know all the details of the FA contracts, but if they are anything like the pilots contracts, they automatically renew at the end of their term.

The laptops are not perks, they are business tools. Pilots get laptops and FA's don't because FA's don't require the laptops to do their jobs. The pilots need them because most of their manuals and reference material are on the laptops, as well as weight and balance/performance software that's needed on every flight. I suppose that the FA's could have their manuals put on computer, but then they wouldn't have them available for quick reference ("I'd love to review my evacuation procedures, just wait for my computer to boot up..."), the computers would be subject to pilferage in the cabin, it would be unduly expensive, etc. I think JB made the right call here.

Also, your friend was mistaken if she thought that "pilots were supposed to help fas clean the ac at outstations". This is done strictly on a voluntary basis, and as time permits. Many times, you're just too busy doing your primary job (you know, preparing for the next flight?) to fight the outflow of passengers and dash into the cabin to straighten seatbelts during the short period of time it's being cleaned. Sometimes you're doing something else, like maybe getting food for the crew. And some pilots never clean the cabin, as is their prerogative. Many do help out when they can, both to turn the aircraft just a little quicker and as a team-building exercise, but it's by no means a part of their assigned duties. I suspect that your friend had some unrealistic expectations. Perhaps it's a good thing for all involved that she found a job elsewhere more to her liking?

Blue Dude said:
I don't know all the details of the FA contracts, but if they are anything like the pilots contracts, they automatically renew at the end of their term.

The laptops are not perks, they are business tools. Pilots get laptops and FA's don't because FA's don't require the laptops to do their jobs. The pilots need them because most of their manuals and reference material are on the laptops, as well as weight and balance/performance software that's needed on every flight. I suppose that the FA's could have their manuals put on computer, but then they wouldn't have them available for quick reference ("I'd love to review my evacuation procedures, just wait for my computer to boot up..."), the computers would be subject to pilferage in the cabin, it would be unduly expensive, etc. I think JB made the right call here.

Also, your friend was mistaken if she thought that "pilots were supposed to help fas clean the ac at outstations". This is done strictly on a voluntary basis, and as time permits. Many times, you're just too busy doing your primary job (you know, preparing for the next flight?) to fight the outflow of passengers and dash into the cabin to straighten seatbelts during the short period of time it's being cleaned. Sometimes you're doing something else, like maybe getting food for the crew. And some pilots never clean the cabin, as is their prerogative. Many do help out when they can, both to turn the aircraft just a little quicker and as a team-building exercise, but it's by no means a part of their assigned duties. I suspect that your friend had some unrealistic expectations. Perhaps it's a good thing for all involved that she found a job elsewhere more to her liking?
FA's dont sign contracts.

There is talk about FA's getting laptops because everything we do is online (bidding, trip trading, email, etc.) but no one is certain if and when that will come to fruition.

Its not in the pilot contract to clean, but 90% of them do .. or help out in some way. We do have a few that state "its not my job".

BlueDude,

It sounds like you should concentrate on laptops and stay away from airplanes and people...laptops are business tools to pilots like sails are business tools to a supertanker.

How is the flight attendant's reliance on emergency procedure different from yours? "I'd love to review my 'Rapid Cabin Depressurization'/'Engine faliure'/ Cabin Smoke' procedures, just wait for my computer to boot up." You have, in my opinion, way too high an opinion of yourself.

And, no, I'm not a Flight Attendant. I've just worked with them for the past twenty years. You'll learn...maybe...that most of your "reference materiel" is in your head. Just not yet.

I understand JetBlue is a great place to work. I'm confident that you'll remedy that condition in short order.

Capt. Nemo said:
BlueDude,

It sounds like you should concentrate on laptops and stay away from airplanes and people...laptops are business tools to pilots like sails are business tools to a supertanker.

How is the flight attendant's reliance on emergency procedure different from yours? "I'd love to review my 'Rapid Cabin Depressurization'/'Engine faliure'/ Cabin Smoke' procedures, just wait for my computer to boot up." You have, in my opinion, way too high an opinion of yourself.

And, no, I'm not a Flight Attendant. I've just worked with them for the past twenty years. You'll learn...maybe...that most of your "reference materiel" is in your head. Just not yet.

I understand JetBlue is a great place to work. I'm confident that you'll remedy that condition in short order.
[post="232969"][/post]​

Actually Captain(?) If you'll apply a little common sense here you'd probably be able to guess that the QRH and other routine checklist items are in paper form in the cockpit. The Performance, and weight & balance program is the one we use most often. Next would be the MEL which is hundreds of pages long, and can be quickly searched using the search functions of Adobe Reader. Finally we can access any of the dozens of company manuals and search them in the same way. We don't need computers, but they sure help us do our jobs.

By the way, if you think that most of your reference material can be stored in your head then I suggest that you are way smarter than I am. I bet you are a little prone to f-ing it up sometimes too, if you rely on human (imperfect) memory for most of your references.

Back