Philadelphia Experiment

700, first off, to be clear, I do think you are perfectly in the right to attack the IBT under this thread since the IBT is a variable under the context of a pending representational dispute. Not saying I agree with your opinion on some of your IBT points though.

For instance, I understand your point about the mechanics although I don't agree with it. I don't think the mechanics are scabs although that is only my opinion.

But, didn't the IAM represent the rampers at Continental back then? And although I don't see the rampers as scabs, do you? The IAM is trying to organize them and they already have the flight attendants.

regards,
Good luck in getting him, to answer that.

By the way a lot of good 1113 did for us. The 50% paycut that Lorenzo put in place was still higher in real terms than what Union airline workers are working for today.

Sure the unions are still in place, collecting dues, but the workers are worse off than ever before.

When it becomes pineyboob's us aviation, then you can tell me what to post.

Don't you have some locks to pick and documents to steal?

Not Pineybob, but close enough to the owner to tell you that this topic is about the IAM/TWU incident in PHL. If you want to bring the IBT into the discussion, open up a new thread.
Also, one more mention of Piney having locks to pick and documents to steal as a retort, and someone will have lots of time off the board to think up some new responses.
You have been warned, and that is a fact.

The IAM represented the mechanics, I do not think the ramp was unionized.

Wait! Is it not fact the meeting was by a rival union and the IAM folks showed up to it? ....and now the IAM is saying they are the victims and did not come looking for trouble.

Wait! Is it not fact the meeting was by a rival union and the IAM folks showed up to it? ....and now the IAM is saying they are the victims and did not come looking for trouble.

IAM and 700UW state that the IAM members attended a TWU informational meeting and the 4 TWU officials just started beating up the 22 hapless IAM members. The IAM members were allegedly defending themselves.

By the way a lot of good 1113 did for us. The 50% paycut that Lorenzo put in place was still higher in real terms than what Union airline workers are working for today.

Sure the unions are still in place, collecting dues, but the workers are worse off than ever before.

I agree with this assessment. B)

IAM and 700UW state that the IAM members attended a TWU informational meeting and the 4 TWU officials just started beating up the 22 hapless IAM members. The IAM members were allegedly defending themselves.

Well, we do live in America and guilt hasn't been proven as of yet. But I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the twenty-two IAM members who were tapped running from a scene of violence where two of the five TWU members had to be sent to the hospital. Common sense says five won't "attack" twenty two unless the five are on crack. Curious that the TWU members have detailed accounts of the incident, but no reports of any details of the incident have surfaced from any of the accussed twenty two. It may be because they've been told by legal representation not to tell their side of the story to the public. Smoking guns are present, but smoking guns don't always lead to a conviction. If guilt can't be proven in a criminal court of law there is always a civil suit that can be filed with much less stringent rules...ala O.J. Simpson.

The argument that the act may have been committed due to the twenty two's fear of "additional harm" to employee pay or benefits is rationale, but will not serve as a good defense in a court of law, criminal or civil. Animals are expected to react in self-defense when other animals "invade" their territory, but a much higher standard is expected of humans, especially in a court of law.

like it or not,busting head in the name of unionism has already been determined as justified union activity by the federal courts.could this be the reason no charges have been forthcoming?

link

Bob,

the unions have done nothing to secure good wages and benefits NOR security for workers.

The primary reason for this is that the International part of 'union' has become a business and is far removed from workers. Locals, negotiation teams, etc., are all pawns that come under the international, which afterall has become "the Corporate".

Oh boy, can't wait for my next IAM credit card to be mailed!

regards,