Fangs A Lot!

That was the work of the PI MEC when they bought Empire. When AAA bought PI, the AAA MEC tried to right the wrong but couldn't. Empire pilots did get credit though for years of service for pay, vacation, pass riding, etc.

True about the PAI MEC (with assistance from ALPA National).

Not entirely true about the AAA MEC.

The latter used the Empire merger masterfully during the PAI/AAA arbitration hearings, to paint the PAI pilots as greedy. It worked. They won the arbitration.

However, once the arbitration was settled in their favor, the AAA MEC quickly lost interest in the plight of the former Empire pilots, and swept them back under the rug. They put very little, if any, effort into trying to "right the wrong".

Look, I'm not arguing the merits of any of the previous merger integrations. We all have our own opinions of what's "fair" and who got "screwed", and nobody will ever change them.

I simply take exception to the statement, "We've always done it date-of-hire."

As a result of the many mergers, the "We" in that phrase encompasses all of the employees in today's US East, and all of the pilots in the current AAA ALPA.

So, no, you have not "always done it date-of-hire".

You can attempt to cherry-pick the mergers that did go DOH; and you can attempt to slough off other mergers by saying, "Oh, that wasn't our merger." Whatever self-fulfilling prophecy makes you feel better...

However, you are all now one company, and as a result, all of the mergers are now your mergers.

Or at least one would expect an arbitrator to see it that way.

I believe the arbitrator will order a mix of doh and slotting, as was done with the Trunp Shuttle.