Farewell to Steve Stevens

Apr 10, 2008
DFW
For those who knew Steve Stevens he will make his last trip home tomorrow at 8:20AM on flight 420 out of DFW. Steve was an AMT at AA hiring on in 1986 working at TUL,AFW and DFW.Steve passed away in a traffic accident late in the night of July 18, 2008.

For the others that never had the pleasure of knowing Steve he was an original one of a kind guy. I guess quirky might come to mind but in an entertaining way.Having worked with Steve through out the years most people would have to agree that Steve had a way of breaking the tension with his off the wall quick whit and shop humor.

Steve always seemed to travel his own path in life but always was generous and considerate of those he worked with.I never once heard Steve say a bad word about anyone.I guess in hind site I really wish I had of know Steve better.I would pass him on the way into work as he was leaving with a quick hello Steve Stevie Steve he would smile and be on his way.

We all lost when he passed away . We lost those moments when Steve was able to take our mind off our situation and laugh at something silly almost making you feel like a school kid again. God Speed Steve !

For those who knew Steve Stevens he will make his last trip home tomorrow at 8:20AM on flight 420 out of DFW. Steve was an AMT at AA hiring on in 1986 working at TUL,AFW and DFW.Steve passed away in a trafic accident late in night July 18, 2008.

For the others that never had the pleasure of knowing Steve he was an original one of a kind guy. I guess quirky might come to mind but in an entertaining way.Having worked with Steve through out the years most people would have to agree that Steve had a way of breaking the tension with his off the wall quick whit and shop humor.

Steve always seemed to travel his own path in life but always was generous and considerate of those he worked with.I never once heard Steve say a bad word about anyone.I guess in hind site I really wish I had of know Steve better.I would pass him on the way into work as he was leaving with a quick hello Steve Stevie Steve he would smile and be on his way.

We all lost when he passed away . We lost those moments when Steve was able to take our mind off our situation and laugh at something silly almost making you feel like a school kid again. God Speed Steve !
I knew steve. When I first bumped into afw he was quick to say hello. Over the ensuing years he never hesitated when I had a question or when I needed a laugh. We`ll see you again steve. God speed indeed.

Steve's passing is painful for those who knew him. But they will always remember him for the great guy he was. For those of us who did not have the pleasure of having worked with him we can learn about Steve from his friends. People like Steve are rare and they make our lives that much more enjoyable because of his character and sense of humor. It is a cliche, "Gone but not forgotten.", but true. God Bless you Steve.

Steve's passing is painful for those who knew him. But they will always remember him for the great guy he was. For those of us who did not have the pleasure of having worked with him we can learn about Steve from his friends. People like Steve are rare and they make our lives that much more enjoyable because of his character and sense of humor. It is a cliche, "Gone but not forgotten.", but true. God Bless you Steve.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ken,

Seems(too often) that the GOOD Guys finish last.

Never knew the man(or of him) but, judging the accolades from you guys, a Real GOOD Man has "made the Journey"

Just got back from Steve's send off....very good turn out. Thanks to everyone who showed up and to all who helped put it together from Fleet Service, passenger service, tower personelle and DFW fire/rescue for the water cannon salute and anyone else who I forgot to mention. It was a fitting tribute for a really good guy who will be missed.

Just got back from Steve's send off....very good turn out. Thanks to everyone who showed up and to all who helped put it together from Fleet Service, passenger service, tower personelle and DFW fire/rescue for the water cannon salute and anyone else who I forgot to mention. It was a fitting tribute for a really good guy who will be missed.

What lovely words in this thread. I hope someone will print them out for the family. Condolences to all who knew (and worked) with this fine man.

What a tribute, and a very deserving one at that, to a truly great guy. Just seeing the alley way lined up on both sides of the plane with his fellow co-workers as it taxied out toward the water cannon salute, will be a picture I'll never forget. We're all going to miss him.

Sounds like you guys at dfw gave him a terrific send off. Thank you. I`ll let the guys here at AFW know what you did for steve.

I worked for Steve here at AFW and he was a very nice guy. Quick with wit and always able to make you smile. He loved life and lived it his own way. Carry on Steve godspeed to you....

Thanks Ken for the tribute site. I had to link up some of my favorites.

steve_stephens_043.jpg

Steve_Stephens_send-off_006.jpg

Steve_Stephens_send-off_022.jpg

Ken, thanks for the wonderful words and great pictures on the website.

Latest posts