Former APFA Negotiator On Laura Glading

Rather than settle for perceived mediocrity, why not encourage qualified f/as to put their names in the "ring", or better still, enter the race yourselves.

And give up the opportunity to spend the next four years in the galley b*tching about what the APFA is or is not doing? Surely you jest. :shock:

(I don't even plan to vote; so I can be an expert on their failings and who SHOULD have won. :lol: )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesus,

With a name like "Rock Salomon".....He'd HAVE to be an IDIOT !!!!!!!

Hey senior AA F/A's, plz. refresh my ol' memory, by answering a question or two.

1. Who was the Prez/VP in "93"
2. Who, in your opinion(s) was the BEST APFA team/year

Thanx,

Hi real name is Lawrence I think, so maybe Rock sounds better than Larry.
He has ties to Corporate Campaign. His Uncle Ray Rogers runs the company. CC was used during the heated 87 contract, 20 DFW folks were fired for picketing, Gibbs chartered a plan to RDU, lots of wierd stuff, real attention getting things.

Don't know yet what his plans are if elected regarding CC again. Will have to wait and see.

JW is no savior. He showed his true colors when he rolled over and fed us to the wolves.

To make matters even crazier, suppsoedly Dixie is supporting JW. There is no way that I will go for that. If this is true, she is surely overestimating the power of our support for her.

Do you know anytihg about this Nancy?
I see it this way... Anyone in his position during the RPA in 2003 would of done the same thing.... Back to my belief ... He knew what was in store for the membership if AA was to file BK. I'm sure AA threw the BK papers in front of him and said if we dont get a yes vote we will file. Just imagine if AA management had a BK judge on their side.... things would have been so much worse.
Now I do believe we need a new leader for this next contract. JW had his day and its time to forget all that...

Who are the sources of that ugly rumor? Bertolini? Applegate? Their henchmen? Such vengeful, sore losers.

At first I thought that too, but then I heard it several times and from pretty reliable sources. The rumors seemed not to be directed against Dixie. The rumor was that Dixie made a deal with the JW people to revisit the SIA if he got in. We know that JW is not above selling his own people out either so I guess anything is possible. I wouldn't think that Dixie would go for JW unless there was something in it for us but I don't trust JW to make good on any promises he might have made.

The secretary running on JWs ticket was on Dixie's statement when she was running for negotiator, as well as the secretay on JW's previous slate when he was in office.

I don't know what to make of it.

At first I thought that too, but then I heard it several times and from pretty reliable sources. The rumors seemed not to be directed against Dixie. The rumor was that Dixie made a deal with the JW people to revisit the SIA if he got in. We know that JW is not above selling his own people out either so I guess anything is possible. I wouldn't think that Dixie would go for JW unless there was something in it for us but I don't trust JW to make good on any promises he might have made.

The secretary running on JWs ticket was on Dixie's statement when she was running for negotiator, as well as the secretay on JW's previous slate when he was in office.

I don't know what to make of it.

Some fact checking is in order here........

Sounds as if someone is swiftboating JW, not that he does not deserve it. There is no better way to turn the pre TWA acquisition AA flight attendants against him.

I don't know. This is what I had heard and since I haven't been recalled, I have to depend on the grapevine for my information. It's all so confusing.

JW is no savior. He showed his true colors when he rolled over and fed us to the wolves.

To make matters even crazier, suppsoedly Dixie is supporting JW. There is no way that I will go for that. If this is true, she is surely overestimating the power of our support for her.

Do you know anytihg about this Nancy?

Absurd comment. Why on earth would you post something you don't know anything about? Should she meet with him" Absolutely! And with every other candidate running for APFA President. (and their slates if possible) As a negotiator and a life long advocate, it is the only responsible action.

Linda Lanning endorsed Dixie as a negotiator. Big Deal. Just because I might think someone is good for a particular position does not indicate that I have any sort of alliance with them. I have known Dixie for many years and folks the first thing I'll say about her is that she isn't "dumb". She's a unionist through and through. She also was trained by a great visionist, Victoria F. Grey. Abd finally, she is a woman of great integrity. She will weigh all of the factors, make a recommendation and then the ultimate decision is up to the individual voter.

Absurd comment. Why on earth would you post something you don't know anything about? Should she meet with him" Absolutely! And with every other candidate running for APFA President. (and their slates if possible) As a negotiator and a life long advocate, it is the only responsible action.

Linda Lanning endorsed Dixie as a negotiator. Big Deal. Just because I might think someone is good for a particular position does not indicate that I have any sort of alliance with them. I have known Dixie for many years and folks the first thing I'll say about her is that she isn't "dumb". She's a unionist through and through. She also was trained by a great visionist, Victoria F. Grey. Abd finally, she is a woman of great integrity. She will weigh all of the factors, make a recommendation and then the ultimate decision is up to the individual voter.

Nancy, I'm a little amazed at your defensive response. The first part of your post dismisses the idea but the second paragraph keeps the possiblity open. You say that Dixie is a unionist but we all know that JW is not. So I cannot fathom her even considering it. This rumor must have come from somewhere and I am not so naive as to dismiss it without more information. Another person in our ranks told me that Dixie attended a fundraiser for JW in Dallas.

If Dixie supports JW in any way, the man who destroyed our careers singlehandedly and with a vengence (giving away furlough pay and fighting against us getting longevity pay) I will truly be in shock.

Nancy, I'm a little amazed at your defensive response. The first part of your post dismisses the idea but the second paragraph keeps the possiblity open. You say that Dixie is a unionist but we all know that JW is not. So I cannot fathom her even considering it. This rumor must have come from somewhere and I am not so naive as to dismiss it without more information. Another person in our ranks told me that Dixie attended a fundraiser for JW in Dallas.

If Dixie supports JW in any way, the man who destroyed our careers singlehandedly and with a vengence (giving away furlough pay and fighting against us getting longevity pay) I will truly be in shock.

Not defensive, astounded. Why don't you ask Dixie instead of speculating? That is what I would do. She is in the first day of recall training. As for the JW fundraiser, I'm sure you're aware that one of our "own" was sent to spy and Lawrence couldn't find even a hint of DNA. Email me privately and I'll send you a copy of those who did attend. You know exactly where the rumor started. We are as factioned as we have been for decades and the childish attempts to sabotage anything "good" that has come from the change of guard does nothing to help you nor anyone else get recalled. It is the same "group" that calls the AFA, and the APFA with "hints" of "he said, she said". Go to the source like the professional I know you must be....gossip is just that, gossip. Having not spoken to Dixie I will leave it to you to investigate.

Deal in facts rather than galley gossip? :shock: First you suggest that people run for office rather that complain about those who do, now this!

Are you sure you were ever a flight attendant? This dealing in facts business has me wondering? :lol:

Deal in facts rather than galley gossip? :shock: First you suggest that people run for office rather that complain about those who do, now this!

Are you sure you were ever a flight attendant? This dealing in facts business has me wondering? :lol:

This is not "galley gossip." I have not been in a galley since 2003 and resent your condescending tone. I would gladly trade places with you if you find working with flight attendants so distasteful.

This is not "galley gossip." I have not been in a galley since 2003 and resent your condescending tone. I would gladly trade places with you if you find working with flight attendants so distasteful.

Deal in facts not speculation and inuendo. Go to the source. Ask Dixie.

This is not "galley gossip."
Well, it is the closest thing to galley gossip. Perhaps we should call it "virtual" galley gossip as it is spewed on a members only TWA flight attendants' website from which Dixie was expelled by the Cooper-Bertolini crowd and where she is unable to defend herself.

Latest posts