Fashion Police at WN

The skinny,

Numerous passengers in the gate area complained that her ass was hanging out and that her top was too small (she was not wearing the tank top underneath the green sweater). A Customer Service Supervisor was called. By the time the CSS (Keith) arrived Kyla had already boarded. After all pax had boarded, Keith approached Kyla and asked to speak to her in the now empty jetway. She didn't have any other clothes with her as it was a day trip for a post op appt. with her plastic surgeon in Tucson (recent boob job). She agreed to "cover up" with a blanket and got back on the plane. She was never approached by a flight attendant. Some pax complained that she also wasn't wearing any panties but Keith didn't check so I guess we'll never know.
These events were described by Keith himself to my friend and former roomate who is also a Supervisor in SAN.

ps. She could fly naked on my plane :up: but when other pax complain something has to be done. Oh yeah, Dr. Phil really let her have it :lol: http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/933/

One of Kyla's MySpace buddy's issue with WN last year http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...736&b\
logID=110577109> <_<

Kyla's MySpace before WN http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:http:/...om/PrincessKyla

After WN she named Paris Hilton and Jenna Jameson as her role models, said she was single, a swinger and Bisexual (Maxim/Penthouse/Anyone) unfortunately she has been deleted or removed. <_<

The skinny,

Numerous passengers in the gate area complained that her ass was hanging out and that her top was too small (she was not wearing the tank top underneath the green sweater). A Customer Service Supervisor was called. By the time the CSS (Keith) arrived Kyla had already boarded. After all pax had boarded, Keith approached Kyla and asked to speak to her in the now empty jetway. She didn't have any other clothes with her as it was a day trip for a post op appt. with her plastic surgeon in Tucson (recent boob job). She agreed to "cover up" with a blanket and got back on the plane. She was never approached by a flight attendant. Some pax complained that she also wasn't wearing any panties but Keith didn't check so I guess we'll never know.
These events were described by Keith himself to my friend and former roomate who is also a Supervisor in SAN.

ps. She could fly naked on my plane :up: but when other pax complain something has to be done. Oh yeah, Dr. Phil really let her have it :lol: http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/933/

One of Kyla's MySpace buddy's issue with WN last year http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...736&b\
logID=110577109> <_<

Kyla's MySpace before WN http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:http:/...om/PrincessKyla

After WN she named Paris Hilton and Jenna Jameson as her role models, said she was single, a swinger and Bisexual (Maxim/Penthouse/Anyone) unfortunately she has been deleted or removed. <_<

Would Keith and yourself and others care to share any type of web pages they have created. Please give us links to all of your websites, pages and blogs. In fact there was one of your pilots that had a web blog about his experiences as a SWA pilot. Many photos that were taken in violation of the sterile cockpit FAR's and some very bad quotes about the competition. Sounded like he got his manhood slapped by his Chief Pilot as a result. So I suppose your passengers are not the only ones to get in trouble with the web.

Now in the future will all passengers have to divulge websites and various other background data to be boarded on an SWA flight? Will the winged Gabriel gatekeeper allow all on board or just those meeting the heavenly standards set out by the moral police at SWA? You guys are looking more and more like the Bush administration in the F-ups that happen.

Also, IF this lady was in the wrong then WHY did your company apologize to her and announce a fare sale on her behalf? Was it because SWA is media whore and chose to spin on their behalf? If so then the apology was not sincere and the lady really needs to see this through to a legal conclusion. I wonder what her chances are of seeking a direct suit against Keith for not following the SWA policy of NO DRESS CODE.

I also love how in the beginning all this woman wanted was an apology from Southwest for what they put her through, then when Colleen Barrett apologized to her personally and offered her two complimentary roundtrip tickets as a gesture of goodwill, all of a sudden that wasn't enough for her.

sky high states: .........and all of a sudden, KYLA becomes an AD CAMPAIGN for Southwest. How would YOU react?

I would not have been a happy camper, but instead of telling my sob story on the mountain and creating a media feeding frenzy I would have sucked it up and ultimately voted with my wallet and taken my business elsewhere. While I don't think Southwest handled this in the best way possible, I think Kyla saw her experience as a method of getting something for nothing. She is within her rights to pursue this through the media, but she's pretty naive if she thinks that the vast majority of the public is siding with her... more often than not incidents like these have a polarizing effect in the court of public opinion, and she'd better be prepared to take the slings and arrows along with whatever she hopes to ultimately gain from Southwest.

[quote name='I'mRayFlyMe' post='527661' date='Sep 25 2007, 02:02 AM']She is within her rights to pursue this through the media, but she's pretty naive if she thinks that the vast majority of the public is siding with her... more often than not incidents like these have a polarizing effect in the court of public opinion, and she'd better be prepared to take the slings and arrows along with whatever she hopes to ultimately gain from Southwest.[/quote]

sky high states: Nice post, Ray. But, I would say the vast majority of Gen Xer's are siding with her. and, the people who think the aviation industry should have NO SAY in how they dress to fly! Anyone up for flip flops and a tank top IN FIRST CLASS? (see it all the time)

http://www.southwest.com/programs_services/glbt/glbt.html

http://takomagardener.typepad.com/tg/2006/...e_a_gay_pa.html

So your company sponsors events such as the above. Do you believe these people are appropriately attired in the photos? Do they meet the SWA dress code? There are plenty of photos on the net and I would bet at the young ladies attorneys office that shows the SWA logo in what some would consider compromising events. If she had been ugly, wearing a flannel thong and more lip hair than Geraldo then I suspect "Keith" would not have had a problem with her.

The grand finale of SWA using her issue with the airline for it own promotion is basically mocking her experience. What would you have thought if Mc Donalds had created a "coffee in the lap" sale after they scalded the lady at the drive thru? Tasteless? You BET! Or perhaps a "We are knocking down fares like they are fences!" after the BUR and MDW accidents? Tasteless? You DON'T mock passengers with lawyers and a case of admitted guilt by SWA!

The grand finale of SWA using her issue with the airline for it own promotion is basically mocking her experience. What would you have thought if Mc Donalds had created a "coffee in the lap" sale after they scalded the lady at the drive thru? Tasteless? You BET! Or perhaps a "We are knocking down fares like they are fences!" after the BUR and MDW accidents? Tasteless? You DON'T mock passengers with lawyers and a case of admitted guilt by SWA!

sky high states: Kudo's, Mag. It was their attempt to use HUMOR after the fact, and it backfired.

sky high states: Kudo's, Mag. It was their attempt to use HUMOR after the fact, and it backfired.

"Backfired"? According to whom? You and Captain Battootie? Great company you've put yourself in there... <_<

In the greater world outside of US Aviation this horse has long been beaten to death. It's over.
Miss Sluttie and her outfit from the Velvet Jones "I Wanna Be a Ho" line have had their fifteen minutes of fame, and will not be heard from again.

"Backfired"? According to whom? You and Captain Battootie? Great company you've put yourself in there... <_<

In the greater world outside of US Aviation this horse has long been beaten to death. It's over.
Miss Sluttie and her outfit from the Velvet Jones "I Wanna Be a Ho" line have had their fifteen minutes of fame, and will not be heard from again.

While she may not be heard from on the news shows. Her lawyer will be heard in court and this is going to be a ripe one for the pickings. Perhaps SWA can celebrate their latest rounds of court defeats with a "It fit and we quit" fare sale.

Do you happen to have a copy of the SWA dress code or are those pictures of SWA sponsored events a good representation of what is acceptable? If so then I would say she was OVER dressed if she was wearing anything more than a smile.

sky high states: To the person it mattered most. She was insulted her name was used for the Ad Campaign as I watched her say on the news! That whom!

I guess you haven't seen her myspace page. I don't think she has to worry about the goodness of her name. In fact I suspect it might help her bring in cash

I guess you haven't seen her myspace page. I don't think she has to worry about the goodness of her name. In fact I suspect it might help her bring in cash

Was her myspace page traveling on SWA? Does SWA screen myspace pages prior to selling tickets? She was dressed more appropriately than the majority of the average pax. If she was so poorly attired then why the apology from SWA???????????? Is it true that SWA is just a group of media whores that will use a passengers plight to try and earn a buck?

Again her MYSPACE page was not at issue during her travels. It is just easier for you clowns to try and paint her in an unflattering light to try and make you feel better about f-ing up the handling of this. I am sure rape victims were asking for it in your mind if they were wearing anything other than a burkah?

Again her MYSPACE page was not at issue during her travels. It is just easier for you clowns to try and paint her in an unflattering light to try and make you feel better about f-ing up the handling of this. I am sure rape victims were asking for it in your mind if they were wearing anything other than a burkah?
Hmmmm...you tend to paint ALL Southwest pilots based on the actions of a few. You paint the training as substandard. You paint the pilot group as "cowboys". Why shouldn't a myspace page be cited? I think with this story, there is more than one "media whore". One of them is about 14.5 minutes into their 15 minutes of fame.

Latest posts