Faulty Rj Business Plan

deelmakur said:
"they are operated by an Express operation whose on time and passenger handling stats are on a par with Aeroflot"
Not that I disagree with your post in general, but the Express statistics are not THAT bad!

Snippits from US Airways Today for Sept 30th showing MTD and goal numbers.

September Mainline systemwide operating statistics:
Departures--S:00 minutes. MTD 70.0 GOAL 70.0
Departures--S:05 minutes. MTD 84.3 GOAL 85.0
Arrivals--S:14 minutes. MTD 83.5 GOAL 87.0
Completion Factor. MTD 98.8 GOAL 99.3
Mainline PAWOB* MTD 3.0 GOAL 3.0

September Express systemwide operating statistics:
Departures--S:05 minutes MTD 81.0 GOAL 85.0
Arrivals--S:14 minutes MTD 82.0 GOAL 85.0
Completion Factor MTD 95.1 GOAL 97.5
Express PAWOB* MTD 2.4 GOAL 3.0

Snippits from US Airways Today for Oct 23 showing MTD and goal numbers.

October mainline systemwide operating statistics:
Departures--S:00 minutes MTD 77.0 GOAL 70.0
Departures--S:05 minutes MTD 85.9 GOAL 85.0
Arrivals--S:14 minutes MTD 87.8 GOAL 87.0
Completion Factor MTD 99.7 GOAL 99.0
mainline PAWOB* MTD 3.0 GOAL 3.0

October Express systemwide operating statistics:
Departures--S:00 minutes MTD 80.4 GOAL 70.0
Departures--S:05 minutes MTD 83.3 GOAL 85.0
Arrivals--S:14 minutes MTD 83.3 GOAL 85.0
Completion Factor MTD 97.0 GOAL 97.5
Express PAWOB* MTD 2.6 GOAL 3.0

YEP and this result lays squarely on the shoulders of a corrupt, dishonest, deceptive, arrogant and immature CEO who has done nothing to bring this company together and has shown no leadership abilities, period.

Oh, I see. Southwest and jetblue have had nothing to do with it? Or Airtran? Or a couple hurricanes that happened to rumble through.

As to leadership, did he not see the company through Chap. 11?

ITRADE said:
Oh, I see. Southwest and jetblue have had nothing to do with it? Or Airtran? Or a couple hurricanes that happened to rumble through.

C'mon! Low Cost Carriers and Hurricanes in the summer are not new phenomena.
Prior managements successfully dealt with weather and competitive attacks. The difference is they were trying to run a company instead of run it into the ground. There is no doubt that the Dave's have an ulterior motive besides operating US Airways successfully. I suppose the excuse this quarter will be the Geomagnetic Storm from the Sun....

X-U said:
ITRADE said:

Prior managements successfully dealt with weather and competitive attacks. The difference is they were trying to run a company instead of run it into the ground. There is no doubt that the Dave's have an ulterior motive besides operating US Airways successfully. I suppose the excuse this quarter will be the Geomagnetic Storm from the Sun....
Oh my, how soon we forget that both Wolf and Gangwal were running this airline into the ground once the UA merger was announced (if not before too). I REALLY wish I could have saved the old planebusiness.com message board posts. Some people are showing very selective memories as of late.

X-U said:
ITRADE said:

Oh really? Jetblue did not exist until about 2000 or 2001.

Valujet disappeared in 1996 to be replaced by AirTran which hs grown like gangbusters.

Southwest did not even fly into the northeast until about 1994 or 1995.

As to your statement that, "{p}rior managements successfully dealt with weather and competitive attacks." That is pure and unadulterated bull####. Take one look at all the service pullbacks - BWI Metrojet comes to mind.

Prior LCCs: PeoplExpress, New York Air, Air Train The Multiple Midways, Post-Strike Eastern, Continental Lite..I wasn't referring to Wolfe and Gangwal as one of the previous successful management either. US Airways has been managed for the sole purpose of sale ever since Wolfe came on the property. Wolfe couldn't figure out how to do it without "spoiling his legacy". Siegel doesn't care about a legacy, he'll be in SXM.