Feb 4th Ramp Safety Day in PHX

Aug 10, 2007
Phoenix
I belive i saw this today in UDO and if i read it correctly, that we are allowed to red tag any equipment that horns, headlights, brakes, balled tires, belt loader rails, etc that dont work and not use it at all.

If that true looks like Phx is going to burn up fast, its the day after the super bowl and the FBR open.

So to make sure that im seeing things right and that this is a true thing, lets talk about it, if its false close the topic.

could be wrong23,
THAT is absolutely correct. My question is who is on your safety committee and why has that never been

addressed . also windshield wipers (I know you guys don't get much rain . but try driving without them it's very dangerous. )

want to see a manager squirm .

just ask them . " are you asking me to do something unsafe"

it gets them everytime. :lol: :lol: :lol:

could be wrong23,
THAT is absolutely correct. My question is who is on your safety committee and why has that never been

addressed . also windshield wipers (I know you guys don't get much rain . but try driving without them it's very dangerous. )

i can only think of two that have winshield

IS ANY ONE AWARE IT WAS THE TOTAL EFFORTS OF A FEW FLEET IN PHOENIX THAT CREATED THE CASE FILE WITH OSHA. WHY IS IAM TAKING CREDIT ONLY?

THERE ARE A HANDFUL OF PHOENIX MEMBERS WHO STARTED THIS OVER TWO YEARS AGO!
The Ground Safety Committee will provide a relevant, ongoing safety and health program through the communication and education to make all members aware of their role in making the workplace a safe environment.

The Ground Safety Committee will participate in the investigation of incidents involving members to reduce the overall incidents rate.

The Ground Safety Committee will provide members with the information necessary to protect themselves and their fellow workers from injuries/illness.

The Ground Safety Committee will aggressively promote a safe and healthy workplace for members at every opportunity.

President & General Chairman S.R. (Randy) Canale
Director Paul Kempinski
Assistant Director
Safety Coordinators
Hawaiian Airlines Robert (Bob) Winner
Aloha Airlines
United Airlines Bill Salo
US Airways Rick Lupinaccio years to get OSHA to observe!t

And you can add this! Our rallies were to be sanctioned by the company being a safety issued rally. But for some reason the company YANKS the unions safety meeting out of union' secured board by jiming it and tossing it.

Middle management "plays to the fiddle' of the UPPERS desires.

The IAM has taken credit for what fleet workers in Phoenix have done on their own. This has the mark of the union doing company bidding. What a sorry state of affairs.

Everyday should be "ramp safety day" at the station I am employed at. If that were the case, there would be NO operation. If we were to itemize every piece of GSE that had the slightest malfunction, then we would cease to be able to do anything. Of course, some items are only "yellow" tag items, but there are at least half a dozen "red" tag items that are still in use, causing safety infractions that are tolerated by mgmt!

On the topic of ramp safety: Last week a station manager in a Northeastern outstation was walking around on the ramp at night, dressed in all in black, without either a safety vest or hearing protection. What was said manager doing out there? A safety audit!

Caused a lot of laughs.

Latest posts

Back