OSHA tells PHX ramp to git-r-done

As I understand it, the Company requested an extension from the FAA on this matter. The FAA's response was NO EXTENTION. Anyone who has not completed the training by midnight tonight, will be unable to work until the training has been completed.

So who works tomorrow?

As I understand it, the Company requested an extension from the FAA on this matter. The FAA's response was NO EXTENTION. Anyone who has not completed the training by midnight tonight, will be unable to work until the training has been completed.
i guess that didnt apply to me. :p

A
If you will remember, there was a day about a month ago when the union safety committee at PHX red-tagged some equipment only to have supervisors and managers come along and pull the tags off.
:) PHX rampers are cool. B)
Yes I do and more power too you guys :up: :up: :up:

They've been dragging people into the office to do the test in TPA this week. Deadline was yesterday. Didnt hear of anyone yet who didnt get it done.

OSHA is the way to go if management continues to ignore a health and safety issue. A few years ago we had birds build nests in the jetway and with the summer heat, the little ones died. No one cleaned them out and the stench was horrific. We advised management that we couldnt work at the jetways affected because of the smell and safety issues (there were droppings and feathers in the jetway floor in addition to whatever was in the ceiling.) One call to OSHA and the Hazmat team showed up in full hazmat gear (yet it was safe for us to work there and the customers to use!). Ever since then, we give them one chance to get it done, then ask them for OSHAs number and its amazing whats been accomplished overnight.

OSHA is the way to go if management continues to ignore a health and safety issue. A few years ago we had birds build nests in the jetway

We had the same problem up here in my city. Now that we've moved gates, our old ones are like Wild Kingdom.

Last summer our new jetways became infested with wasps. It grew from an occasional nuisance to a constant threat to us, the crews and passengers (including one flight that came back to the gate because there was one one the cockpit, and the FO was allergic). We got stung, the passengers got stung, and the airport did nothing. We then pointed out that one of our co-workers was deathly allergic, and had to have his Epi-Pen with him at all times. Still nothing.

Ever since then, we give them one chance to get it done, then ask them for OSHAs number and its amazing whats been accomplished overnight.

This definitely did the trick for us....Amazingly effective. :lol:

Barbeetantrums will not stick around for wasps. All you will see are the bottoms of his feet as he runs away. :shock:

wasp_wom.jpg
running-man-muybridge.gif

Latest posts

Back