Fire on Usairways Plane in MIA

well thank god everyone is safe. looks like our pilots did an excellent job as always.
And lets not forget the excellent job those flight attendants did. Just makes you proud. No one injured, not even a turned ankle. Way to go stews.

Catcrew shows them getting in 12 minutes early. I guess the acars stopped when the F/A popped the slide.

Good Question, I was going mainly by th pic of the gear assy posted previously.

And lets not forget the excellent job those flight attendants did. Just makes you proud. No one injured, not even a turned ankle. Way to go stews.

Catcrew shows them getting in 12 minutes early. I guess the acars stopped when the F/A popped the slide.

First off, great job by all....but the fact that Catcrew shows 12 minutes early is way too funny.

Then why is the aircraft left wing low?

Well, simply because the "hurt" is on the right side, and like you and I would, she's kinda leaning to take the pressure off! <VBG>

Jus' kiddin! Amazing tho ... I retired in '94 and when I saw that live broadcast on CNN & read that tail #, my heart broke! I cannot imagine how many hours I logged in that A/C, it was one of my favorites in the fleet! Like a long lost friend that was "hurt". Jeez, you would think that after all these years those feelings would be long gone! Not so ...... "Retirement" does not happen in a Pilot's mind!

Been gone a long time, as I said, and memory is a bit fuzzy on systems .......but sounds like anti-skid system failure to me. Pax quoted as saying " Landing normal, but then it got a little rough"

Great job by the Crew! Glad I never had to do that!!

Ed

Lets shoot for the rt mlg #4 tire. Notice in the pics and video the majority of the foam is on the rt side of the a/c.
Of course, that could be because they didn't want to spray the passengers getting out the left hand side of the aircraft. If they sprayed from the left side, the foam would be moving to the right of the aircraft, just as the pictures of the fire equipment shows.

It is interesting that the media is reporting an Iranian airliner landed today with the same problem. However, in Iran it resulted in 80 deaths and the loss of the airplane. US flight crews and emergency responders do not get the credit or pay we deserve. The Iranian disaster shows the seriousness of the incident in MIA, but as usual, our well trained crews and emergency personel make it look almost routine.

Autofixer,
What happened in Iran is very sad, but I thought exactly the same thing. Again, kudos to all involved with the flight in Miami.

It is interesting that the media is reporting an Iranian airliner landed today with the same problem. However, in Iran it resulted in 80 deaths and the loss of the airplane. US flight crews and emergency responders do not get the credit or pay we deserve. The Iranian disaster shows the seriousness of the incident in MIA, but as usual, our well trained crews and emergency personel make it look almost routine.

The Iranian plane was a Tupelov.

Huge difference.

that is very sad about the IRANIAN AIR incident but that could have also been the outcome of the USAIR incident too. Thank God it wasnt the case but my prayers and sympathies go out to the victims of the IRANIAN AIR tragedy

Latest posts