Firefox and the forums

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Is anyone having a problem with firefox and posting?

I cant post using firefox, but IE works fine.

Reactions: 1 person
I use FF and Chrome with no issues. I have no script and pop up blockers so the ads dont show up but there is no formating.

Using OSX safari. The quotes look strange today. I don't think there are any mods any more on this site, so good luck with it.

I'm able again...

Anyone pay attention to all those weird named newbies showing up at the bottom of the cooler?
Most likely bots and Nigerian/Russian/EU sites probably on some program to sniff out / register on sites. I saw ADMIN on earlier and noticed a lot of those weird names were disappearing.
I do work on a couple sites and have had to deal with the same troublesome issue.

We had to delete 30,000 bogus registrations....It sucked.

Recently this site opened up registration ....maybe had something to do with it.

delldude said:
Anyone pay attention to all those weird named newbies showing up at the bottom of the cooler?
Most likely bots and Nigerian/Russian/EU sites probably on some program to sniff out / register on sites. I saw ADMIN on earlier and noticed a lot of those weird names were disappearing.
I do work on a couple sites and have had to deal with the same troublesome issue.

We had to delete 30,000 bogus registrations....It sucked.

Recently this site opened up registration ....maybe had something to do with it.

I'm seeing the same on the other sites I moderate.  We automatically place all new accounts on moderation until they've posted X times, and that seems to cut back on the number of bogus accounts.  

When see their first post, it's usually totally gibberish.  Sorta like anything written by NHBB, but without all the caps and e x t e n d e d words....

eolesen said:

I'm seeing the same on the other sites I moderate.  We automatically place all new accounts on moderation until they've posted X times, and that seems to cut back on the number of bogus accounts.  

When see their first post, it's usually totally gibberish.  Sorta like anything written by NHBB, but without all the caps and e x t e n d e d words....

700UW said:
Is anyone having a problem with firefox and posting?

I cant post using firefox, but IE works fine.
Use Safari or Google Chrome. Are you on a Mac or PC?

Josh

Its a board problem, I am on a PC using Windows 8.1.

Cant post using Firefox, can view it, and formatting on IE and FireFox is messed up.

Can post using IE or my Kindle.