Flight Attendant Contract

blueoceans said:
For starters, the non-union people lost their pension almost 15 years ago.
[post="193785"][/post]​

the non-union folks didn't lose their pensions...they had them frozen.

Unlike the pilots who HAVE HAD THEIR DEFINED PENSIONS TERMINATED, ALONG WITH THE DC PLAN DECIMATED.

N628AU said:
PitBull,

My point was that someone should (in a normal pregnancy situation) be able to be physically be able to work within 6 weeks of giving birth. 60 days would give you 2 and 1/2 weeks on the front end of the delivery and and then 6 weeks on the back. It seems kind of in line with medical accepted medical practice. I am sure your medical coverage would continue if there is a complication that requires more time out. Most companies would require the employee to pay the premium while out of work.
[post="193964"][/post]​

I won't bother to explain our situation to you....YOU DON'T HAVE ANY UNDERSTANDING ABOUT OUR JOB AND THE ENVIRONMENT IN WHICH WE WORK.

There is no one on here that can justify the company's actions on this maternity issue other than they want to discourage anyone who takes this job from having families. Period. :angry:

Zeus & Hawk

You ARE NOT doing your FAIR part of the plan.

AS soon as you give up at least 15% pay cut and 1/3 of your vacation you will come closer to doing your FAIR SHARE.

As for staffing cuts, long over do. F/A staffing cuts were made years ago. Also less employees and planes mean less management.

U runs the company with 14% management type employees. What does the LCC run with? My guess is less 8% maybe 10%.

Your comments are full of holes.

What are you trying to convey on these boards, subliminal comi- nazi war strategies with the rank and file...
"Save the enitity, save the plan" BS. To hell with your personal lives or families...save the entity, save the "plan".....

You must really think we are stupid on here. You sic $%^k!

The cuts you speak of our DISPROPORTIONATE!.

You all in edited by moderator should lower your heads in shame with those kinds of sentiments you spew above.

You are pathetically shameful to even make such an assnine statment conveying YOU made any such sacrifice and compare yourself to the rank and file. :down: :angry:

I would bet my last full year's salary, that none and I mean natta one senior exec is conteplating filing personal BK, or has their mortgage in jeopardy or losing their cars...OR FREGG'EN LOSING ANY DAMN THING THEY OWN.

Todd B said:
Cav and 700 please return to the original topic and avoid the personal insults.
[post="194190"][/post]​
Yes sir and while you're at it tell pitbull wonder women to take a pill before she implodes, on the other hand, let her implode...edited by mod.

cavalier said:
Yes sir and while you're at it tell pitbull wonder women to take a pill before she implodes, on the other hand, let her implode...the news media needs a break
[post="194200"][/post]​

*yawn*

Cav, PitBull is our wonder woman!!!! She is the only one NOT to bow down and say "thank you SIR, may I have another". We all only have ONE vote, you use yours, and I will use mine. Don't vote, because otherwise we would just cancel ourselves out. Don't spread your "save the co. at ANY cost" mantra to those of us who KNOW better. :angry: :shock: :up: :up:

Dont you know Cav, says he is not an employee, oh wait, he said he was , now he says he is not again.

And he is or was a member of the IAM, not the AFA.

I believe each of the three union's who do not have a new collective bargaining agreement can do better than what the company will present to the bankruptcy court during the S.1113© process, which is now less than one month away.

With the 3 TWU and the ALPA contracts ratified, Judge Mitchell will be more inclined to "impose" contracts on the remaining unions. Thus, the mission for each union should be to limit their damage to protect their membership.

Then if the cuts are too steep, an employee will have a job with benefits while looking for a job. It serves no useful purpose to try and "shut the place" down because then nobody has anything. What good is that?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Self-help will take place upon any imposistion of a contract by courts, so say goodbye to US Airways as the creditors and the ATSB will pull the plug.

How low are you willing to go?

Amazing.

USA320pilot,

While you are content to be working for less, well actually you have indicated you would work for even less, others are not. If you want to subsidize incompetent management, then write a check every month and send it to Bruce and Dave. I dont think anyone on these boards would mind. I am sure you could find some fellow pilots to join you in your efforts.

What you have to understand is that there are some workers who value themselves and their professions more than you and your workgroup did. It does'nt matter what you say. We understand very clearly there is no difference between what the company is offering and the alterternative. Actually the Alternative is better. What you can't comprehend is that we will take the alternative,because its the right thing to do, and put an end to this race to the bottom.

MOD NOTE: DON"T QUOTE AN ENTIRE LENGTHY POSTING.