Flight Benefits (on other airlines)

USBDL

Mar 5, 2008
Hi everyone, I'm a US Airways new hire at BDL as CSA. Starting training on Monday. (march 10)

I have read here (and other sites like airliners.net) about the flight benefits that we get from US Airways. My question is are we allowed to fly non rev on other airlines, specifically Lufthansa, and how does that work, is it ZED, ID90, or we can't? (also list the airlines we have agreements with if you can)

Please, your info would be appreciated. :)

Thank You

USBDL

Please, your info would be appreciated. :)
The easiest thing to do is get one of your co-workers to show you all the info in Shares (I assume it's in there like it was on Sabre). That should be the most up to date info.

Next easiest would be to go on the Hub (or Compass - whichever employee site you have access to) - the ZED list is there but I'm not sure how up to date it is.

It's a long list just for the ZED carriers, much less those that offer traditional discounted travel.

Jim

They will tell you when you the first day of your training in detail, then they will teach you how to figure out which airlines we have agreements with and how much they cost.

Just wait, people only give you bits of info and opinions here.

Just remember: the DRS is your friend- CTRL D F3 I think. Type in OAL or their specific airline code to get a list of options.

It;s been awhile, but they even give you a chart with all that info the first day too.

To answer your question, yes we can fly on other carriers. LH is a ZED fare. To get more specific would take forever though since there are so many agreements out there.
When you have access to a computer you can enter CTRL D, F3 and get into a box that checks DRS pages. In the box type, PASS AA or PASS WN or any other carrier you want. It will give you all the info for every airline we have an agreement with. For most carriers it will be 6 months or a year before you can nonrev on them. This info is there also as well as others that can travel (parents, spouse, registered guests, etc) and what type of fare is available to you. Also, many of the airports have local agreements where you can get free or reduced travel with other carriers serving your airport. You can ask someone in BDL which carriers participate in this since its done station by station. For example, we get free on B6, WN, NK, YX, KX, FL, AC, CO, UA, 3M and service charge on DL and BA.

Thanks for the info everyone, I appreciate it. :)

I'll ask them about the local agreements, once I start.

You have to be around for six months before most airlines will accept you for ZED travel.

CTRL D F1 Pass agreement option. Also on the Hub click the Travel link in the gold section on the right of the screen, on the Travel page look to the left about half way down under Employee Travel Links and you will see ZED and Other Airline Fares..click there. On the next screen, Other Travel Links, at the top click on Combined Interline Agreements. All info you need will be listed there. Welcome Aboard!

PS Don't forget about station agreements with the other airlines at BDL.

CTRL D F1 Pass agreement option. Also on the Hub click the Travel link in the gold section on the right of the screen, on the Travel page look to the left about half way down under Employee Travel Links and you will see ZED and Other Airline Fares..click there. On the next screen, Other Travel Links, at the top click on Combined Interline Agreements. All info you need will be listed there. Welcome Aboard!

PS Don't forget about station agreements with the other airlines at BDL.

Thank you. :)

Once again thanks everyone, I'm glad to be working for US, even though so many things need to be fixed.