Here it is.

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
TEMPE, Ariz., March 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways (NYSE: LCC)
announces the recall of approximately 400 flight attendants, who will be in
place to operate the airline's summer schedule. The recall notices, which
begin in April 2006, will be issued on a seniority basis among furloughed US
Airways flight attendants.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20050223/LAW097LOGO)
"We continue to make great progress in building the new US Airways, and
today's announcements furthers that momentum," said President and CEO Doug
Parker. "We are thrilled to welcome these employees back to a new airline
that has a fresh attitude and bright future ahead of it."
The announcement follows the recent recall of 55 furloughed US Airways
pilots and the airline's decision earlier this year to begin hiring
approximately 200 reservation agents in 2006.

The merger of US Airways and America West in September 2005 created the
fifth largest domestic airline employing 35,000 aviation professionals. US
Airways, US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express operate approximately
3,700 flights per day and serve more than 230 communities in the U.S., Canada,
Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America. (LCCG)
US Airways is a member of the Star Alliance, which was established in 1997
as the first truly global airline alliance to offer customers global reach and
a smooth travel experience. Star Alliance has been voted Best Airline
Alliance by Skytrax in 2003 and 2005. The other members are Air Canada, Air
New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian, bmi, LOT Polish Airlines,
Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Spanair, TAP Portugal,
THAI, United, and VARIG Brazilian Airlines. South African Airways and SWISS
will be integrated during the first half of 2006. Overall, the member
carriers offer more than 15,000 daily flights to 790 destinations in
138 countries.

looks like they did alot of # tweaking. 600 down to 400. maybe it's initially 400 then with the rest it goes up to a total of 600.

OK the other threat went to what 18 pages of blah, blah, blah, blah..... I find it hard to believe that nobody has anything to say about it at all. I wonder where this is going to leave everbody actually. Invols. comming in displacements going out, displacements going in...UGGGGG another headache. :rolleyes:

Damn I didn't know that there was so many. I guess they can get the 400 they need without running the whole list, maybe :blink: . By the way, those who went to US west got screwed?? they have to stay there for the year or are they giving them some slack? I know quite a few MAA people took the call to PHX.

Damn I didn't know that there was so many. I guess they can get the 400 they need without running the whole list, maybe :blink: . By the way, those who went to US west got screwed?? they have to stay there for the year or are they giving them some slack? I know quite a few MAA people took the call to PHX.

Those who went to West had roughly 24 hours :down: to let the company know if they were going to stay at West training or leave and take the East recall. All of them elected to stay in training at West :unsure:. All subsequent class dates (March 20, April 3, etc) East invols will be given the option to attend West training or accept East recall. I've rescinded my bid for April 3, they will allow us to do this prior to the start date of your class, just call AWA Inflight Admin :D

That was just foul. They hve had to know for sometime that a recall was coming so people could make the right decisions. I'm glad I got out of that mess. i feel bad for the others.

That was just foul. They hve had to know for sometime that a recall was coming so people could make the right decisions. I'm glad I got out of that mess. i feel bad for the others.

You are MORE than correct it is very foul -- The company did say in the letter that a recall was possible (but then again anything is possible at good ole USAir) like getting to work with a slender flight attendant or someone that was born after the 50's - like we say anything is possible!!!! But this was another wrong and fumbled step by the NEW MGMT. at USAIRWAYS - looks like the old shoes fit the new feet very well - I just wish the best to everyone that goes back to Philly and I hope that it works out for them and they get their time in and bring some positive attitudes to that base... Just don't expect anything from mgmt. and if you were at MAA - account for every cent they owe you b/c the company robbed you of MANY MANY dollars that you should have in your back pocket. Morals aren't rich there but I know most of you will hopefully bring that to the table - ahhh the way those degrees up in tempe work never cease to amaze me - Also tell the fabulous Flores you want answers as to why he didn't give you the Q&A - assuredly b/c he can't answer the question!!

GGOOOOODDDDDDDDD LLLLUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Latest posts