Flight cancalation reason

They probably have no one in ops who can write fiction.

Even in the oh so wonderful shares system, we are not showing reason for cancellation. I kinda like not having a reason - I can not put everyone up at night no reason given, then it must be something under our control and the pax wins. However even when it shows cancelled in the system, it doesn't always mean it is not operating. We had severe storms in the NE about a week ago and all of the evening flights were cancelled according to shares. Then all of a sudden I have a jet pulling in to my gate - our PHL flight was here with 85 pax on board. Republic never told PHL it was cancelled apparently and gate agent boarded it and pilot took off. It was stuck at the airport overnight however since it could not take off due to weather. Just shows how bad it is here - how could dispatch not know that the aircraft was airborne? The first the captain knew about cancellation was when I asked what flight this was because everything had been cancelled from our airport.

... Just shows how bad it is here - how could dispatch not know that the aircraft was airborne? The first the captain knew about cancellation was when I asked what flight this was because everything had been cancelled from our airport.

Is the FAA aware/investigating?