Flying to Europe just got more interesting!

Global warming is going to happen regardless, and so much of the evidence used for Kyoto was manufactured to fit the agenda of a bunch of tree huggers, so the US may have been the only country not bamboozled by Al Gore and his academic fraudsters.

Even Canada has seen thru this, and is withdrawing from Kyoto. That was just announced last week. Canada joins China and the US in being environment haters...

IIRC, cattle are really the biggest polluters, not airplanes. Maybe hamburgers should be taxed at the rate of air travel..... http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/cow-emissions-more-damaging-to-planet-than-cosub2sub-from-cars-427843.html

You've been brainwashed, meatball
...me brainwashed ?? take the blinkers off and get real...and who or what is an Al Gore ??? Gosh I know,, an other petty US polictian . Am I supposed to give ******.
As countries go, it is China, not the US, who holds the title of worst polluter.. great achivement ...you've slipped from the throne ...what is it now 3rd or 4th...how can you live with yourselves not being top dogs polluters

I am old enough to have noticed the change, and if it's natural or man made, I don't know .

BUT every time a move is made for the general good , and this pollution issue is an example,that does not fit into the greed of Wall Street , then it must be anti American and that must be wrong ....even if it's for the good of the planet.

I am against a lot of the practices of big business....just look at AA

And as somebody said ., this is not an AA issue, as the tax effects all airlines. Therefore I will make no further comment on this issue
but..

hello rest of the planet still calling

Yo, Euro Meatball:

If you're employed by an airline, you can't be pleased to see governments heavily tax your industry. If you're a frequent traveler, the high taxes on air travel can't make you happy. If you're a stay-at-home European with no desire to travel by air, perhaps these taxes please you.

Global warming isn't going to be reduced by any meaningful measure by these ridiculous taxes, but it will please the high-tax-lovin liberals in Europe (and here).

You've been brainwashed, meatball
...me brainwashed ?? take the blinkers off and get real...and who or what is an Al Gore ??? Gosh I know,, an other petty US polictian . Am I supposed to give ******.
As countries go, it is China, not the US, who holds the title of worst polluter.. great achivement ...you've slipped from the throne ...what is it now 3rd or 4th...how can you live with yourselves not being top dogs polluters

I am old enough to have noticed the change, and if it's natural or man made, I don't know .

BUT every time a move is made for the general good , and this pollution issue is an example,that does not fit into the greed of Wall Street , then it must be anti American and that must be wrong ....even if it's for the good of the planet.

I am against a lot of the practices of big business....just look at AA

And as somebody said ., this is not an AA issue, as the tax effects all airlines. Therefore I will make no further comment on this issue
but..

hello rest of the planet still calling

Let me guess - had the European dingbats been around to tax the hell out of the polluters the last few times this happened (according to the geologic record) we'd have been a lot better off today - right?

You libtards are all the same, regardless of whether you're in the USA or anywhere else - always looking for someone to steal money from - as if you're owed anything but a hard time.

For a group that claims to believe science is the answer to everything your kind has a helluva time following their own "beliefs", especially when your "truths" conflict.

Go away.

Reactions: 1 person
For an industry that is deregulated, they sure have a lot of regulations. This "smog" tax is just a back door for some liberal yahoo's in government to get more money to spend as they please. Do you really think that even a penny of this money will go toward the environment? What happened to all the money from ticket taxes that was earmarked for the aviation trust fund. Some bozo in the government decided that money would be better spent somewhere else, maybe the migration habit of goats from Montana. I have solar electric on my house. So since I don't use as much electricity and hence the electric company doesn't have to burn as much coal to produce electricity, I should be able to sell the carbon off sets from the utility not have to burn the coal to produce my electricity.
Any Takers? :D

Let me guess - had the European dingbats been around to tax the hell out of the polluters the last few times this happened (according to the geologic record) we'd have been a lot better off today - right?

You libtards are all the same, regardless of whether you're in the USA or anywhere else - always looking for someone to steal money from - as if you're owed anything but a hard time.

For a group that claims to believe science is the answer to everything your kind has a helluva time following their own "beliefs", especially when your "truths" conflict.

Go away.

Why can't you state your opinion (and that's all it is) without resorting to name calling? You think if you yell loud enough, say something over and over, or belittle someone-it makes your opinion fact?
While I don't think another tax is going to "help the planet" as others do, I do believe in keeping our water and air clean, and our national parks in pristine condition. Does that make me a libtard? Do you, and your children, and grandchildren not want clean water to drink and clean air to breathe? Why is that not a conservative issue as well?

Reactions: 2 people
Why can't you state your opinion (and that's all it is) without resorting to name calling? You think if you yell loud enough, say something over and over, or belittle someone-it makes your opinion fact?
While I don't think another tax is going to "help the planet" as others do, I do believe in keeping our water and air clean, and our national parks in pristine condition. Does that make me a libtard? Do you, and your children, and grandchildren not want clean water to drink and clean air to breathe? Why is that not a conservative issue as well?
You seem to have "missed" the very first paragraph - perhaps a rephrasing might be of assistance:

The geologic record of our planet shows warming and cooling cycles happening many times during the time the earth has been in existance, probably caused by natural carbon emissions that humankind can't begin to generate on the scale the earth can.

Now - did the Neandertals trade carbon credits and tax each other for the carbon generation of their cooking fires? Is that how the earth returned to its "pristine" state as it was before the Industrial Revolution? I think not.

What defines "libtards" is the belief humans create pollution on such a grand scale that it can taxed out of existance when all that scheme really amounts to is another derivative such as would be traded on the stock market with no intrinsic value of its own. A lot of already wealthy people plan on making a lot more money off the stupidity of their proles and the lies of their "scientists" who are bought and paid for by the Kapo George Soros and his ilk.

Marxism has a term for those in the bottom rungs who assist in bringing it about - "Useful Idiots".

... or, if you prefer, you can believe Fred and Barney used so much of their world's resources their consumptions resulted in a global warming trend (don't forget the Dino-farts), then mini-ice ages - all of that happening because your heros weren't around to tax those who "polluted".

By the way - how DID the dinosaur fossils get to Antarctica?

There IS evidence of a polar reversal happening a couple of times, also. Could that problem be cured with a European Carbon Tax also? Would preventing that provide clean water and National Parks for your kids?

... or have you ever simply considered Mother Nature is a #### or are you simply smoking copious quantities of very low-grade dope at the weekend OWS pig-ins you attend?

And those who have to attack the poster usually don't have anything to rebut their arguments with...

Why you chose to only comment on his choice of delivery & tone instead of the substance might just underscore the point his opinion is more sound than that of the tree-huggers.

Reactions: 3 people
For an industry that is deregulated, they sure have a lot of regulations. This "smog" tax is just a back door for some liberal yahoo's in government to get more money to spend as they please. Do you really think that even a penny of this money will go toward the environment? What happened to all the money from ticket taxes that was earmarked for the aviation trust fund. Some bozo in the government decided that money would be better spent somewhere else, maybe the migration habit of goats from Montana. I have solar electric on my house. So since I don't use as much electricity and hence the electric company doesn't have to burn as much coal to produce electricity, I should be able to sell the carbon off sets from the utility not have to burn the coal to produce my electricity.
Any Takers? :D
:) Borescope I agree with one point, your solar . But even only 1% of the money creates another wind farm or cleans up a polluted site (and we have many of them) or helps to fund less poluting research into aircraft engines,then it can only be good.
In some countries in Europe you can aleady sell back/ get credit your solar energy. Suggest that to you power provider.. and if that makes me a liberal...I'm proud

People ignore the energy component required to manufacture solar panels, produce ethanol, etc.....

Between the mining of material & manufacturing, it takes between one to three years (depending on location) for a solar panel to recover the amount of energy required to make just the panel. That's not including batteries if you're entirely off the grid (nor does it take into consideration the ecological impact of the batteries once spent). A wind turbine takes two to four years to pay for its embedded energy.

Gazette-bar-chart2_resized400X266.jpg

For those less mathematically inclined, the left items are the most efficient, the right are the least efficient...

I am not quite sure how this thread ended up where it is today, however the term for recovering over producing electricity is called Net Metering.
Basically if you produce and don't consume the utility has to net your production. In a sense pay you for it. NET METERING

Yo, Euro Meatball:

If you're employed by an airline, you can't be pleased to see governments heavily tax your industry. If you're a frequent traveler, the high taxes on air travel can't make you happy. If you're a stay-at-home European with no desire to travel by air, perhaps these taxes please you.

Global warming isn't going to be reduced by any meaningful measure by these ridiculous taxes, but it will please the high-tax-lovin liberals in Europe (and here).
:( Are you an Airline person? I've had 40+ year of fixing aeroplanes. But I'm not pleased in seeing airline CEO's and their cronnies walking off with my and your retirment money, or proffits from the fare payers, in their fat wallets. Nore do I know that if I still have a job before I pull the plug.(next six months).. snip snip snip ...here comes the axeman(accountant)

And how much is this tax?...of course ..more liberal tax loving lies

Also, if this makes me a liberal...I'm proud

Note : would like to move this conversation to the watercooler

Latest posts