For Flight Attendants

NYCDelta

Senior
Dec 12, 2006
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Ok, all the merger talk is getting a little dry. So, for fun, let's say we do merge. Where would everyone like to be based? If they kept all of the same bases as now, that would leave us with bases in:
NYC,BOS,CLT,ATL,CVG,PHL,PIT,PHX,LAS,SLC,MCO,HNL,SEA,SAN,DCA,SFO,TPA,
FLL, and LAX. I've included our satellite bases as well. Whew! Let me know if I forgot any.

I'd pick PHX-I'm ready for warm weather!

I would have done this as a "poll" but, I admit I don't know how! :)

Ok, all the merger talk is getting a little dry. So, for fun, let's say we do merge. Where would everyone like to be based? If they kept all of the same bases as now, that would leave us with bases in:
FLL, and LAX. I've included our satellite bases as well. Whew! Let me know if I forgot any.

SAN!!! :up: :up: :up:

Hey NYCDelta
I just want to say thank you!! It is nice to see a DAL employee post something here without an underlying jab at US Airways. I don't want this merger but you and I really have no say. It's nice to reach across the galley and have some fun.

Mmmm, where to go? Well, all would depend on what a new Delta would do with Charlotte. I celebrate 20 yrs on Feb 7 and I cannot see me sliding further down in senority if CLT were to be downsized. I would probably go to PHX because I love Arizona, senority would be good, the cost of living is doable, very close to fun cities (SFO,LAS,LAX), and I just don't want to live in cold weather. I love LA, SF, and places like that, but they have gotten out of control cost of living wise.

And just for fun. San Diego!!! How large is this base and can I hold it???

SAN is a new satellite base for us. I believe that there are only around 40 F/A's there. The most junior seniority date was around 8 years. I could be mistaken. If you are awarded a satellite base you have to stay there for 1 year (unless you do something really awful and get kicked out). Also, there are no supervisors there, so you're kinda on your own. You trip-trade with each other and even if you get sick, you're supposed to find coverage yourself before calling scheduling. So, there are some down sides. Too much information-I'll stop rambling.

I lived in MCO for a few years. So, I could do that again!

Me too, and I really enjoyed it for the 2 years that I was there!

SAN is a new satellite base for us. I believe that there are only around 40 F/A's there. The most junior seniority date was around 8 years. I could be mistaken. If you are awarded a satellite base you have to stay there for 1 year (unless you do something really awful and get kicked out). Also, there are no supervisors there, so you're kinda on your own. You trip-trade with each other and even if you get sick, you're supposed to find coverage yourself before calling scheduling. So, there are some down sides. Too much information-I'll stop rambling.
Me too, and I really enjoyed it for the 2 years that I was there!
Not at all, we love the information!

No problem. Who knows, maybe someday we'll be singin' "We are family"? Was that Sister Sledge?

I have thought long and hard about this. What you put out, you will get back. Just the word HOSTILE takeover has led to the very word right back at US...and the employees bare the brunt of it.

I think before "We are family", you might hear the echos of "Where were you when the lights went out in Georgia". :shock:

Hey NYCDelta
Mmmm, where to go? Well, all would depend on what a new Delta would do with Charlotte. I celebrate 20 yrs on Feb 7 and I cannot see me sliding further down in senority if CLT were to be downsized. I would probably go to PHX because I love Arizona, senority would be good, the cost of living is doable, very close to fun cities (SFO,LAS,LAX), and I just don't want to live in cold weather. I love LA, SF, and places like that, but they have gotten out of control cost of living wise.

Yes, VERY expensive. I always wondered why we don't get higher pay for living in certain cities (or at least we don't-I don't know about other airlines).

I have thought long and hard about this. What you put out, you will get back. Just the word HOSTILE takeover has led to the very word right back at US...and the employees bare the brunt of it.

I think before "We are family", you might hear the echos of "Where were you when the lights went out in Georgia". :shock:

LOL. Well, I can't speak for anybody else. I can only control myself and my actions. Would I like to see DL go it alone? Absolutely. BUT-if we are to merge with ANYONE, then I would work hard to ensure my airline would provide a good product (one that I was proud of) and would like to be compensated "fairly". And, I would HOPE that all employees would work TOGETHER to make the new company succeed. And, then I would take another 4 yr leave if they offered it, and just work my other job! :up: :up: :up:

NYCDELTA....

Thanks so much for the friendly posting!!! :up:
Nice to see that IF this merger occurs ( something many US and DL employees are not too keen on BTW...) maybe we can all get along and work together??!! I have been a bit sceptical of late with the rumblings I have heard.

Anyway, your posting poses a great question and my answer has to be SEA! Would be awesome not to fly to commute to work anymore.
*****Is SEA a satellite base for DL? How many F/A's? What kind of seniority?
If it is like most other carriers' SEA bases...it is probably VERY SENIOR. :(

Thanks for the info.
Guess we will see what happens very soon.

And just for fun. San Diego!!! How large is this base and can I hold it???
Ok, I looked it up. 46 F/A's. Most junior May 2000.

NYCDELTA....

Thanks so much for the friendly posting!!! :up:
Nice to see that IF this merger occurs ( something many US and DL employees are not too keen on BTW...) maybe we can all get along and work together??!! I have been a bit sceptical of late with the rumblings I have heard.

Anyway, your posting poses a great question and my answer has to be SEA! Would be awesome not to fly to commute to work anymore.
*****Is SEA a satellite base for DL? How many F/A's? What kind of seniority?
If it is like most other carriers' SEA bases...it is probably VERY SENIOR. :(

Thanks for the info.
Guess we will see what happens very soon.
SEA just opened. 60 F/A's. Most junior May '87.

Latest posts